Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
what's the procedure to land while in POI mode and app shuts down
2182 24 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Txww
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6052474 ft
  • >>>
United States

Out flying in Point of Interest mode today and the DJI app on my Ipad just went blank and the drone disconnected.  I was able to control the drone but it keep switching between controller mode 1 and 2 so it was hard to control.  I closed the app and opened it again.  It asked to enter a device when the app first starts up.  Either way I was not able to get the drone to re-connect to the app.

I got the drone down to about 10 feet to the ground but no closer to landing because I was in POI mode.  For some reason you can't land while in POI mode.  Because if this the drone crashed into a tree limb and hit the ground breaking the camera off the gimbal.  If I was only 10 feet tall I could of just grabbed it.

Why can't you land while in POI mode?  This would have prevented this crash and saved my camera.  Is DJI going to pay to fix it because of their: 1. App shutting down issue?  2. Not being able to land while in POI mode?

DJI waiting for your response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What aircraft are you talking about? I have a P3P and you simply exit POI mode by flipping the mode switch back to P mode.
2018-1-21
Use props
Txww
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

P4P Pro. I didn’t want to change to Atti mode as the wind was a little strong then I wound really lose control for just those 2 seconds.
2018-1-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For some reason you can't land while in POI mode.  Because if this the drone crashed into a tree limb and hit the ground breaking the camera off the gimbal.
Correction
Your Phantom crashed because you left it in POI mode.
Is DJI going to pay to fix it because of their: 1. App shutting down issue?  2. Not being able to land while in POI mode?
Should DJI pay because you don't know how to fly your Phantom?
To cancel any of the intelligent flight modes, simply flick the flight mode switch to A and back to P.
2018-1-21
Use props
Txww
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

That’s was the problem I could not exit POI mode because I could not get back to the app to exit.
2018-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Txww Posted at 2018-1-21 14:13
That’s was the problem I could not exit POI mode because I could not get back to the app to exit.

You don't have to get back to the app to exit, as has been said, switcxh the mode switch on the controller back to P mode. Wasting time trying to re-boot the app can end up with crashing your aircraft, better to concentrate on flying the aircraft than fiddle with the app..
2018-1-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The app doesn't fly the aircraft - it's the controller you had in your hands that does.
2018-1-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As above posts.

To exit any of the intelligent flight modes on the P4 series, move the switch from 'P' to 'S' and then back to 'P' again (note that sport mode also holds position using GPS, ATTI not required). You should have full control via the RC, and if required initiate an RTH by holding RTH button operated until it starts flashing and beeping (this indicates RTH initiated). To cancel RTH you just push the button a second time.
2018-1-21
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-21 15:38
As above posts.

To exit any of the intelligent flight modes on the P4 series, move the switch from 'P' to 'S' and then back to 'P' again (note that sport mode also holds position using GPS, ATTI not required). You should have full control via the RC, and if required initiate an RTH by holding RTH button operated until it starts flashing and beeping (this indicates RTH initiated). To cancel RTH you just push the button a second time.

Yep, had this exact same thing happen 2 days ago, was in POI mode and app just closed, no warnings no nothing. Would not reconnect to aircraft so like the others have said, just switched the mode on the side of the controller to S mode and that ended the POI mode and I was able to bring it in an land it.

It is crappy just having the app quit like it does and not being able to reconnect though, which seems to happening more and more lately.. :-(
2018-1-21
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

cameracollector Posted at 2018-1-21 16:04
Yep, had this exact same thing happen 2 days ago, was in POI mode and app just closed, no warnings no nothing. Would not reconnect to aircraft so like the others have said, just switched the mode on the side of the controller to S mode and that ended the POI mode and I was able to bring it in an land it.

It is crappy just having the app quit like it does and not being able to reconnect though, which seems to happening more and more lately.. :-(

Does anyone know if switching to sports then back to P mode again will cancel a waypoint mission in Litchi? I was flying a mission today and of course as soon as I start the mission I hear a small plane coming (that seems to be the case most of the times, almost as if the planes are waiting for your drone to be in the air lol)......so I pressed pause on the controller and the phantom stopped and hovered, I tried to bring it back but it wouldn't move, I then clicked on the FPV mode in Litchi and still it just hovered....Finally I pressed the RTH button on the controller and that brought it back.
2018-1-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-1-21 17:40
Does anyone know if switching to sports then back to P mode again will cancel a waypoint mission in Litchi? I was flying a mission today and of course as soon as I start the mission I hear a small plane coming (that seems to be the case most of the times, almost as if the planes are waiting for your drone to be in the air lol)......so I pressed pause on the controller and the phantom stopped and hovered, I tried to bring it back but it wouldn't move, I then clicked on the FPV mode in Litchi and still it just hovered....Finally I pressed the RTH button on the controller and that brought it back.

Yes .. switching out of P mode and back again will cancel a Litchi waypoint mission and give you control of the Phantom.
2018-1-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

It´s equal what phantom it is,the exit to P mode is the <flight mode switch>  
2018-1-21
Use props
Txww
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Some good information here. It is a pain when the app just dies and it won’t reconnect. Hopefully DJI will fix the app so it doesn’t crash like it has been.  
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Txww, nice to know that you have find the answer of exiting POI first. Regarding the APP crash, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version?
2018-1-22
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 00:20
Hey Txww, nice to know that you have find the answer of exiting POI first. Regarding the APP crash, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version?

Hi DJI Susan - I am using a Samsung S2 tablet, and my GO4 app is crashing like this very often now.
2018-1-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Is it the latest Go4 or an older version of the Go4?
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cameracollector Posted at 2018-1-22 07:10
Hi DJI Susan - I am using a Samsung S2 tablet, and my GO4 app is crashing like this very often now.

I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured for the unrecommended mobile devices. It is suggested to uninstall the APP, delete all related files and reinstall to see if there is any luck. If not, it might be better to change another recommended mobile device if applicable.
2018-1-24
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 01:26
I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured for the unrecommended mobile devices. It is suggested to uninstall the APP, delete all related files and reinstall to see if there is any luck. If not, it might be better to change another recommended mobile device if applicable.

He Susan, what do you mean with unrecommended divide. I have a tab2 as well. I only bought it because DID recommend as a hardware 1.5 years ago.
Please tell me..
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

T-R Posted at 2018-1-24 03:06
He Susan, what do you mean with unrecommended divide. I have a tab2 as well. I only bought it because DID recommend as a hardware 1.5 years ago.
Please tell me..

Thanks for your attention. We'll update the recommended mobile device list on the corresponding product page as well: https://www.dji.com/
2018-1-29
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 18:33
Thanks for your attention. We'll update the recommended mobile device list on the corresponding product page as well: https://www.dji.com/

So you really believe that clients will buy all6 month new telephone of tablets because the factory is too last to write decent coded  software? Just give me your calculation what that means when I have a drone of Dji for 5 years.
I think it's time to say good-by to company's who act as that. Look at NOKIA: massive customer-unfriendly..whats happen to them?  By-by.
Same will happen here.
While the rules are going more and more tight to fly this toys at all, DJI makes no steps to be more after sales orientated  
If they have such last programmers who can't even not make a 100% firmware for a p4 in seven month... well. By by
2018-1-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 18:33
Thanks for your attention. We'll update the recommended mobile device list on the corresponding product page as well: https://www.dji.com/

Here in this forum >DJI Go< was a discussion about a piloting the copter only app. If we get that feature then we don´t need to upgrade mobile devices half yearly. The editing of the footage has been faster on a Mac or Win-PC as well. And the language support can be realized via catalog files like in AmigaOs as keymaps as D,US,TR,KR,JP and so on. It saves computing power of the present CPUs and lot of memory.

How i can register for SDK?
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-1 09:43
Here in this forum >DJI Go< was a discussion about a piloting the copter only app. If we get that feature then we don´t need to upgrade mobile devices half yearly. The editing of the footage has been faster on a Mac or Win-PC as well. And the language support can be realized via catalog files like in AmigaOs as keymaps as D,US,TR,KR,JP and so on. It saves computing power of the present CPUs and lot of memory.

How i can register for SDK?

You can contact the SDK from here: dev@dji.com

https://developer.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-2-3
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-1-21 17:40
Does anyone know if switching to sports then back to P mode again will cancel a waypoint mission in Litchi? I was flying a mission today and of course as soon as I start the mission I hear a small plane coming (that seems to be the case most of the times, almost as if the planes are waiting for your drone to be in the air lol)......so I pressed pause on the controller and the phantom stopped and hovered, I tried to bring it back but it wouldn't move, I then clicked on the FPV mode in Litchi and still it just hovered....Finally I pressed the RTH button on the controller and that brought it back.

Here's a question: If you don't have Multiple Flight Modes enabled in the Main Controller Settings (as some of us weak, afraid to fly fast, freshman, don't need to go over 40mph, because we're scaredy cats, do) Will switching the flight mode switch still end a function and return manual control?

Inquiring minds...

Jeff
2018-2-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Susan,
thanks for the info. I´ll register for it.

Jeff,
my app was never down in Functions mode. Some time the GPS on mobile was´nt accurate enough for the F-Follow me and the copter went to the direction of the mocked up position. I always used the mode switch to stop that mode. It´s an emergency brake for me i don´t need an app to land the bird in font of my foots. Too many pilots trust in software part only and don´t know the hardware is faster than software.
2018-2-3
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-3 07:43
Here's a question: If you don't have Multiple Flight Modes enabled in the Main Controller Settings (as some of us weak, afraid to fly fast, freshman, don't need to go over 40mph, because we're scaredy cats, do) Will switching the flight mode switch still end a function and return manual control?

Inquiring minds...

I decided to test this while out flying today. With my P4P it doesn't matter if you have Multiple Flight Modes enabled or not. If you operate the Flight Modes switch it immediately ends whatever Intelligent Flight Mode is enabled and returns to Normal (manual) control. I tried this using Tripod, TapFly, ActiveTrack and Draw modes.

Jeff
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules