Video file corrupted [SOLVED]
29363 9 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

I'm trying to fix a corrupted .mov file. The Video is split into a DJI_0001.MOV and DJI_0002.MOV. It is the first one that is corrupt. VLC can't play DJI_0001.MOV, but it will play DJI_0002.MOV just fine. I've tried the trick of starting up my Mavic, and creating a new video... didn't work. Any other ideas?
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You had put the DJI_0001.MOV and other playable videos on the SD card and powered up the drone but the video was not recovered, right? Please export the important corrupted files and one normal file and upload to Dropbox, I'll try to see if I can help
Besides, there are some video fixed softwares on the internet, maybe you can try to download one and try to fix.
2018-1-22
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
United States

Found the repair tool by Grau GmbH. It worked! There are some janky parts of the video but it is about 99% working. The link is here - http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5#download

I also tried djifix.exe. I got a .h264 output file, but VLC wouldn't play it.
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_AV2oFE3oQ9J8
New

United States

Youtube : How to Repair Broken Video Files Captured from DJI Phantom Drone

2018-5-6
Use props
Mark190
lvl.1

United States

You can try these steps to fix the file
1.        Create a copy of the MOV file and rename the video to AVI
2.        Now open VLC player.
3.        Select VLC and then Preferences and then click on Video or Codecs
4.        Click on Save in the bottom section of Preference window
5.        Now select Always Fix next to Repair AVI Files
If this doesn’t work, you can give a try to Stellar Phoenix video repair. The software is capable of repairing corrupt videos of various file formats including.mov
2018-5-6
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
United States

Mark190 Posted at 2018-5-6 22:31
You can try these steps to fix the file
1.        Create a copy of the MOV file and rename the video to AVI
2.        Now open VLC player.

I tried that. Didn't work. The only thing that worked was the solution above.
2018-5-6
Use props
dropert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172156 ft
Canada

There is a way to fix your videos without using paid software. I just tried it on a corrupt file and it was able to fix it. Watch this Youtube video for more detailed information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpiH_BhiKkU

Mind you, this requires to use a command line but it worked like a charm for many people. You have to download the "djifix" script from this website: http://djifix.live555.com and run it with your corrupted video file. Afterwards, you need to use FFMPEG to convert the .h264 file back into mp4. The cool thing is that this solution works for Mac and Windows.
2019-4-7
Use props
skyblu
lvl.1

Switzerland

This free tool "Inspire Recovery Tool" originally for the Inspire works for mavic files too, it recovered both MP4 and MOV corrupted videos like a charm:

http://merko.name/files/InspireRecoveryTool.zip

btw:
- nope, djifix didn't work for me.
- The GRAU tool mentioned above works but only recovered half the file as a demo and the recovery fee for the whole file is a blatant ripoff.

DJI should offer this solution out of the box or at least mention it in their documentation, video corruption has happened several times to me.
2020-6-2
Use props
sylviawatson
lvl.1

United States

Hello, my friend recommended a video repair tool to me. I used it to fix corrupted video files and succeeded. That is TunesKit Video Repair.
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_f6o0T5aWwjHn
New

India

The tool is the best tool for repairing corrupt or damaged video file formats (MP4, MOV, MPEG, MTS, MJPEG, M4V, M4A, MKV, AVCHD, AVI, WEBM, ASF, DIVX, 3GP, WMV, FLV, TS, 3GP,F4V  file formats)
Read more and select best software  thebestcomparisons.com/video-repair-tool.html
2021-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules