Main Radio Controlled died...
1255 10 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefano Inspire
lvl.1

Italy

Hi all,

My Inspire 1 main radio controller is died for everthing related to USB, but the secondary controller seems working fine.
A technician told that it's the main board and not the USB/HDMI chip, so repair the controller can be excessively expensive.

I'm not interested anymore on having two controllers (main and secondary).
Is it possible to promote the secondary controller to be THE unique controller?

THANKS!!
Stefano

2018-1-22
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes just go into the setting on 2nd remote, and set it to master, instead of slave. then link it to the inspire
2018-1-22
Use props
Stefano Inspire
lvl.1

Italy

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-22 06:03
yes just go into the setting on 2nd remote, and set it to master, instead of slave. then link it to the inspire

I cannot...!
the USB on the primary doesn't work anymore.
So I cannot use the DJI Go.
How can I change settings on the secondary without pass through the primary?
2018-1-22
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you dont need the primary to change the 2nd. just turn the 2nd on, with tablet/phone. open the GO app and under remote setting change it from slave to master, then with the inspire on as well link the remote
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Stefano, sorry for the difficulties in Master RC, if you would like to set the Slave RC to the Master RC, just like TruGreen mentioned in 4#, launch DJI Go APP, select ''Master'' or ''Off'' in Remote Controller Settings, then the indicator of RC would be solid red, then link the remote.
Please let me know if there is further question.
2018-1-22
Use props
Stefano Inspire
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 18:34
Stefano, sorry for the difficulties in Master RC, if you would like to set the Slave RC to the Master RC, just like TruGreen mentioned in 4#, launch DJI Go APP, select ''Master'' or ''Off'' in Remote Controller Settings, then the indicator of RC would be solid red, then link the remote.
Please let me know if there is further question.

thanks for your answers,
the behaviour is this:
- when I connect the tablet/smartphone to the primary controller, the DJI GO status remains "disconnected", and I don't see any signal of live from the tablet/smartphone except that it's in charge
- when I connect the tablet/smartphone to the secondary controller, the DJI GO status is still "disconnected", but the tablet/smartphone recognises that there is something attached (and it's in charge too).
With DJI GO is disconnected, I cannot change the configuration that you suggest (or better, I can change it, but the commit doesn't work).
The technician from the shop told me that I should buy another "main" controller....
It seems impossible to me that there is not another way to re-use the secondary.... even an hardware change.
2018-1-22
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you sure your remotes are bad? did you recently do a Firmware update? perhaps the gimbal/camera is damaged?
2018-1-23
Use props
Donnie - Apple
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Can you try another go app device  or at the very least replace the cable between the two.  I am with Trugreen here a something does not sound right .  

are you using the  proper go app for the Inspire ?  there is a "go app 4 "BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THE INSPIRE 1. so you have multiple dji equipment ?
If using proper go app may want to delte and re install it , AFTER testing with new cable beteween the RC transmitter and the go app device.

makwe sure the go app device is on the approved list . waht is it by the way ? Like an Apple I pad pro or  samsung or what exactly ?

***Does the notice on the go app say "Disconnected " or does it say "Aircraft disconnected " there is a BIG diffefence.  the "disconnected" only would  indicate no commumication betweeen the go app device and the RC transmitter . The "Aircraft Disconnected" warning means there is no connection between the RC transmitter and go app to the Aircraft itself , but it also means that the RC and Go app are working fine. ( make sure the entire system is fired up to test this , AC, RC and go app . )
Pleasde clarify and answer Trugreen question about if this happened after and udate  and my above question regarding which "disconnected' warning you have .

Be sure to try another cable at the very mimimum.

donnie

2018-1-23
Use props
Stefano Inspire
lvl.1

Italy

Donnie - Apple  Posted at 2018-1-23 08:05
Can you try another go app device  or at the very least replace the cable between the two.  I am with Trugreen here a something does not sound right .  

are you using the  proper go app for the Inspire ?  there is a "go app 4 "BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THE INSPIRE 1. so you have multiple dji equipment ?

the good news is that a DJI store succeeded in changing the role of the secondary to primary (without the DJI GO app), and for free...
the bad is that even the second controller (now primary) doesn't work after I tried it at home.

same story as other many DJI users: disconnected.
the app is the DJI GO, not the DJI GO 4.
the message is "DISCONNECTED" and not "AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED"
I tried 5 cables, 3 devices and uninstall/install the app, uninstall every any other DJI related app, different sequens of power-on, USB PTP and other communication modes on the phone, no way. !"£!"(!(!"£)") ggrrr
2018-1-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stefano Inspire Posted at 2018-1-27 08:53
the good news is that a DJI store succeeded in changing the role of the secondary to primary (without the DJI GO app), and for free...
the bad is that even the second controller (now primary) doesn't work after I tried it at home.

did you re-link the newly re-roled master RC?  because even though the secondary has now been re-roled to master, its not link/binded to the AC
2018-1-27
Use props
Donnie - Apple
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Stefano Inspire Posted at 2018-1-27 08:53

You have a bad HDMi (part 94 ) on the back of the transmitter more than likely and will need to be replaced.  Most times the simple white cover ONLY needs replacing but you need to buy the ENTIRE  assembly .  The "Disconnected " means the go app is not connecting at all to the transmitter and if you replaced the cable then that is more than likely the problem .

*** You were on at least version 1.3  firmware on the Transmitter is that correct ?

donnie
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules