Rc disconnect , something to be concerned about?
2711 18 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, all just had a bit of a scare, this is my current setup, just updated on Sunday 21/1/2018.
Overview

• Date : 2018.1.11
  • Firmware : v01.04.0200
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.1.22

After updating RC & AC via dji assistant 2 , all ok, i restarted AC & RC as per normal, took the drone outside in my garden to do a small test flight, i always wait for the drone to aquire enough satalites & then add a couple of minuits for the drone to warm up & pre-flight check in the app.

I was just about to power up the rotors & the app said the AC was disconnected, ok  not a problem i have been getting that randomly since 4.1.20, but what did scare me was this is the first time the RC disconnected, the drone wasnt even in the air or motors started, it was only a split second before it re-connected again & my test flight was ok. After 6 months of owning this drone this is the first time i have had any major concerns.
My problem now is what if this happens during flight, it has started me thinking i could lose this drone, is this a firmware issue? Should i downgrade the firmware? Do i need to worry about this?

What do you guys recommend?
Downgrade fw?
Refresh FW?
forget about it & dont worry?

2018-1-22
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if it persists then i would worry, but not yet. It is to be expected that an occasion RC disconnect may happen. Typically it will reconnect within very short time but if remains disconnected then it will either RTH or hover in place. Ensure the drone settings are set to RTH when RC disconnects.
2018-1-22
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

The same defect I've reported as many other users! I kindly ask administrators to report this bug very ... very serious! Goes to drones loss !!!!! And that's all after the latest firmware. DJI ... please help! Regards SICA
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No harm in refreshing the FW. Ensure you’re using the latest version of Assistant 2 before doing it.
2018-1-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-22 11:15
When it disconnects like that, the most important thing to do is to NOT panic.  Look at the drone and fly it if you need to.  If you can afford the time, just take your hands off the controls and let it hover where it is while you figure it out.  In that case, kill the app (completely, not just closed) and reload it.  Do not reboot the RC in this case, just the Go4 app.  It will likely be fine again.  I prefer bringing it back "home" to land and shutting EVERYTHING completely down and restart it, giving plenty of boot time for each device, etc.

I would disagree about "expecting" it to happen.  It can happen, especially after an upgrade, but really shouldn't.  After doing the last upgrade, mine had several odd errors I'd never seen before when I started it up.  It flew fine, but I didn't trust the errors I was getting.   I shut it all down completely and started up again, went out and flew "a mission" and came back.  All was well again.  This is the first time I had had any of the errors that came up.  Software upgrades can be a bit glitchy.  Not a bad idea to do a few test startups after an update/upgrade just to stablize things.

Excellent advice. Especially not to panic, which new fliers tend to do.
2018-1-22
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The app disconnecting was disconcerting on its own, but I was flying in my garden when that happened so was ok to control the drone and land, vlos helps, but if rc disconnects its very un_nerving, and you do lose faith in the drone. I fly much cheaper cp heli's and never lost connection with them...
2018-1-22
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

friends !!! we are talking about disconnecting when the aircraft is 200 meters in the field !!!! and no longer responds to commands .. as MP is disconnected from RC !!!. I noticed that the manual landing responds very slowly .. as if hes, unclear commands from the RC! All after the last FIRMWARE !! tested on the same flight corridor! Let's be serious....
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, you saw the RC disconnected from the app, right? Was the transmission available on the app when it shows disconnected. If the transmission had also lost, please check the connection between the app and the RC, make sure the RC and app had upgraded successfully. If the transmission is normal, the app displays RC disconnected, please try to relink the RC and drone, make sure the firmware of the RC and drone had fully updated.
If the issue persists, please provide me with the screenshots of the error message and the firmware info on the app (General Settings--About) for a better confirmation. Thank you.

2018-1-22
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dji Thor, the app disconnecting has happened twice since I upgraded from 0.18, I am now on 0.22, I lose the video feed also. The only time the rc lost connection is when I updated to latest firmware, I was less than 1 metre away from the drone with it on the floor and no motors running. Both app and firmware were installed successfully.
2018-1-22
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I AM ALSO NOT IN THE MOOD!!!!, the firmware 1.04.0200 caused me that I can't use Litchi any more on my asus tab.
Litchi had made an upgrade of her app using DJI latest SDK version send to Litchi. Now old android devices(android 5.01) doesn't work anymore!!!!. I feel bad about this.
Why change so many good things and destroy a good product.
2018-1-23
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had my first ever disconnect in over a year on Saturday. Latest firmware and DJI GO 4 V 4.1.15 on Android. Aircraft returned to home and re-connected again as it got closer, so not a big issue other than annoying. It was only about 100m away from me.
2018-1-23
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-1-23 03:19
I had my first ever disconnect in over a year on Saturday. Latest firmware and DJI GO 4 V 4.1.15 on Android. Aircraft returned to home and re-connected again as it got closer, so not a big issue other than annoying. It was only about 100m away from me.

yeah that's the new firmware.
2018-1-23
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Same issues with the Spark!
2018-1-23
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

This is scaring the crap out of me...........
2018-1-23
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It does me, I don't fly much, but everytime a new firmware comes out their are more issues to deal with and rc disconnect must be the worst case scenario, you literally have no control of your drone and must rely on the firmware to do its job  and bring the drone home.
2018-1-23
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

be careful, mine disconnected mid flight and went haywire. Went the opposite way from RTH and into the trees: https://forum.dji.com/thread-130898-1-1.html
2018-1-23
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-22 11:15
When it disconnects like that, the most important thing to do is to NOT panic.  Look at the drone and fly it if you need to.  If you can afford the time, just take your hands off the controls and let it hover where it is while you figure it out.  In that case, kill the app (completely, not just closed) and reload it.  Do not reboot the RC in this case, just the Go4 app.  It will likely be fine again.  I prefer bringing it back "home" to land and shutting EVERYTHING completely down and restart it, giving plenty of boot time for each device, etc.

I would disagree about "expecting" it to happen.  It can happen, especially after an upgrade, but really shouldn't.  After doing the last upgrade, mine had several odd errors I'd never seen before when I started it up.  It flew fine, but I didn't trust the errors I was getting.   I shut it all down completely and started up again, went out and flew "a mission" and came back.  All was well again.  This is the first time I had had any of the errors that came up.  Software upgrades can be a bit glitchy.  Not a bad idea to do a few test startups after an update/upgrade just to stablize things.

When RC disconnect happens you cannot control the drone at all.
2018-1-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Robstunner Posted at 2018-1-23 12:06
When RC disconnect happens you cannot control the drone at all.

Sorry, I missed the fact that the RC disconnected and thought it was the device that was disconnected.  However, it was stated that an RC disconnect should be expected now and then.  I disagree.  The RC should not disconnect, unless you fly out of range.  At that point, you hope RTH kicks in.
2018-1-23
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-23 16:59
Sorry, I missed the fact that the RC disconnected and thought it was the device that was disconnected.  However, it was stated that an RC disconnect should be expected now and then.  I disagree.  The RC should not disconnect, unless you fly out of range.  At that point, you hope RTH kicks in.

I agree. Which I why at least for me, I refuse to take blame for the drone crashing after RC disconnect.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules