Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark cannot reset - it does not "beep" when holding power b...
11132 24 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans04559454
lvl.1
Australia

hey,
I cannot link the spark to my phone nor the controller, so i tried to reset (as suggested by other treads and youtube), but it will not beep/reset at all. It all went fine two days before, but when i was to fly it again, it wouldnt connect to the spark. Spark´s wifi doesn´t appear, making no connection between spark and controller/mobile. What am i supposed to do in order to make it link.

David
2018-1-22
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

hi David!

do you have the "fly more combo"?
if yes, did you try with the other battery as well?
the controller should be linked with your Spark but in order to connect to the Spark it should be within 20cm/less than 1ft near the Spark.
if holding the power button on the battery are there any beeps?
if still not working, probably a case with DJI support will help.
2018-1-22
Use props
David.J.V
lvl.1
Australia

Hey, thx for reply
I dont have the fly more combo, but i have 2 batteries, and have tried with both, and within 20cm distance, still doesnt work.. not any beeps at all:/
Is this the right tread for DJI support?
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

David.J.V Posted at 2018-1-22 18:18
Hey, thx for reply
I dont have the fly more combo, but i have 2 batteries, and have tried with both, and within 20cm distance, still doesnt work.. not any beeps at all:/
Is this the right tread for DJI support?

David, please provide me the info of the firmware, you can provide a screenshot of it. And you can try to flash the firmware by DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-1-22
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Contact DJI support and they will ask you to mail them for replacement since it sounds like a technical issue.
2018-1-22
Use props
David.J.V
lvl.1
Australia

Hey Elektra,
I just tried to connect the DJI to the Mac with DJI assistant 2, but it did not recognize the spark (i did have over 50% charge and was connected to wifi on mac, and with the cable plugged in). So i could not get the info of the software. However, i did my last software update/download on the dji go 4 app the 14th of january (which i had to do in order to fly. And haven´t updated since). The 18th jan was my first unsuccessfull attempt to link the spark.

Another strange observation about my spark is that it gets really heated when it is on - just sitting there (not the battery, but on the upside where the air goes out and around get heated). And when i turn the spark off, it takes a lot more time than it did before (and than it is supposed to take), and just before turning off all 4 lights light red in about 1 second.
Everything seems to be going bad with the spark now that i am on holiday.

Here are some pictures of my attempt to connect to assistant 2, and history flights.

2018-1-22
Use props
David.J.V
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra, are you still on the case?
2018-1-26
Use props
zami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78665 ft
Poland

Hello,
I have the same issue with my spark.
Does anyone have solution?
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

I had same problem spark did no beep to reset wifi no matter how long i held it had to send it back and they sent me a new one took around 2 weeks to send and get back
2018-2-19
Use props
David.J.V
lvl.1
Norway

No solution here, i am going to deliver it to service - where i bought it from -  in a couple of days, when i return home (from holiday).
2018-2-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

So, you guys first turn on Spark, let it boot (wait till lightshow is over)  and than press and hold battery button?
Cause, that's how you should do it.
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

Yeah i did everything possible they sent me a new one
2018-2-20
Use props
szyrek
lvl.1
Poland

I had the same kind of issue (lost linking, no possibility to reset anything, no beeps when holding power button, lost connection with dji assistant). I actually did resolve it in my case by removing the SD card which turned out to be fault. Seems like spark is trying to read/mount/format and when it fails doing that it goes into some unexpected state in which it doesn't put out wifi signal so you cant connect and also doesn't react to any "reset" functions, be it resetting link to RC, resetting wifi, etc. Anyhow- if you have simmilar problem make sure you also try to remove sd card- it seems like if its faulty it might actually give you this kind of sympthoms.
2018-5-25
Use props
David.J.V
lvl.1
Norway

Maybe not the same issue, but surely another one. In my guarantee made me get a new body, which they had to do in order to fix it. Took 6 weeks or so for the service tho.
2018-5-25
Use props
AleX4Dji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11437 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys! Have the same problem here with my spark....no wifi connection and the power button does not work...more than this...both laptops (Mac and windows 8.1 (installed dji assistant with driver signature off) do not recognise it in dji assistant....has anyone found a better solution than to send it to dji? (my drone is out of warranty) ...please help! Thank you!

P.S. : on my windows laptop in device manager it shows the driver unamed usb and windows show a message with a malfunction usb ...can show pictures if i get anybody to answer...
2018-11-11
Use props
fans2108d20a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178002 ft
Malaysia

szyrek Posted at 5-25 06:57
I had the same kind of issue (lost linking, no possibility to reset anything, no beeps when holding power button, lost connection with dji assistant). I actually did resolve it in my case by removing the SD card which turned out to be fault. Seems like spark is trying to read/mount/format and when it fails doing that it goes into some unexpected state in which it doesn't put out wifi signal so you cant connect and also doesn't react to any "reset" functions, be it resetting link to RC, resetting wifi, etc. Anyhow- if you have simmilar problem make sure you also try to remove sd card- it seems like if its faulty it might actually give you this kind of sympthoms.

Hi, yes its works for me, was same problem with connection, lost wifi and power button not responding for long press, i removed SD card and all works. Thanks
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2108d20a Posted at 12-16 00:31
Hi, yes its works for me, was same problem with connection, lost wifi and power button not responding for long press, i removed SD card and all works. Thanks

Hi, sorry about the uneasiness on our DJI product. We're glad that the concern has been sorted via the tip of our valued customer. Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2018-12-16
Use props
voodew
lvl.1
United States

szyrek Posted at 2018-5-25 06:57

Your thread helped me out a lot.  I was about to send it off then I read your post.  Appreciate it.
2019-1-25
Use props
Ectxnat64
New
United States

No beep for me as well. Took out sd card and did not fix. Charging up batteries and remote to try again tomorrow.  I hope it works. Is there a reset to take start over?
2019-4-4
Use props
Omar Fernandez Uribe
New

Mexico

did you find a solution to the spark problem? the same happens to me
2019-8-2
Use props
djiuser_zth8ArUZa5NF
New
United Arab Emirates

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-22 15:45
hi David!

do you have the "fly more combo"?

I'm having the same issue , my spark is not getting reset while holding the power button , and when i tried to connect it to Dji assistant my mac is not recognizing it.
And the biggest issue is I'm from Dubai and we don't have a Dji service center over here.
2019-12-3
Use props
felipek7
lvl.1

Brazil

Same issue here....try to fligh one day and the spark does not connect to the remote or allow the reset. It does not beep
youtube video bellow.

https://youtu.be/4CYQhY7VFkw
2021-6-7
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

felipek7 Posted at 6-7 05:36
Same issue here....try to fligh one day and the spark does not connect to the remote or allow the reset. It does not beep
youtube video bellow.

Hi felipek7,

Excellent show video!
To turn the Spark off, you need to do a short click, then a long one.
It seems your Spark does not boot correctly or incompletely, since the gimbal does not move when you move the Spark around.
May be you should try to refresh the Spark's firmware via DJI Assistant software.
If that doesn't help, contact DJI support.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_Uf7adj3ZxPR3
lvl.1

Spain

Hi.
Have you found the solution? I had the same issue (more or less...) with my SPARK.
-No wifi link to phone.
-No sounds on start, no motor lights.. well any kind of sound. On power on the drone was very hot.
-No sounds after press long on button.
-NO BATTERY CHARGE with usb.
-I can connect trought remote control, and then connect to phone with cable to DJI GO. I see camera image but i can't move. I can't arm and no battery information, I see N/A on battery. Any other error is displayed.
-Trought DJI assistant I can connect and update frimware to the latest V01.00.1000 but was the same. I had to try 6 or 7 times and read error 0x02a303 but finally was updated!!.
-I tried to do a factory reset by DJI assistant but I can't do.

please help...
2021-10-24
Use props
djiuser_s5KtMTVYs3T8
New

Australia

David.J.V Posted at 2018-1-22 23:39
Hey Elektra,
I just tried to connect the DJI to the Mac with DJI assistant 2, but it did not recognize the spark (i did have over 50% charge and was connected to wifi on mac, and with the cable plugged in). So i could not get the info of the software. However, i did my last software update/download on the dji go 4 app the 14th of january (which i had to do in order to fly. And haven´t updated since). The 18th jan was my first unsuccessfull attempt to link the spark.

I'm having the exact same issue. Plus also Spark is heating up
2022-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules