warm up
1515 15 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I sent my p4 out for warranty repair and of course I got back a totally different drone despite the fact that they told me I would get my p4 back. I requested to get my p4 back because I have insurance on it and I can't get insurance on the replacement p4 because I don't have a receipt for this replacement p4. State farm requires a sales receipt, something I clearly do not have and can not get. Obviously the serial number does not match what is on my receipt since it's clearly not the same p4. The dji rep said that he noted the work order and they would repair my p4 and return the same one I sent in. Well, as usual dji has failed to do what they said they were going to do. Well since I've got this used p4 that has scratches all over it I've noticed that when I start everything up to fly I never get the "warming up" notification. It let's me fly immediately. I find that a bit concerning since it clearly needs to warm up for a reason. Anybody know what that's about? It does have the current firmware.
2018-1-22
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Strange, never got that before. May I ask why you have drone insurance? Are you a professional pilot? Because I've looked into insurance. Sorry about your drone too mate!
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you leave your case number here? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Regarding the warm up, it will be quicker in warm weather. You can also in check the aircraft status indicator.
Aircraft Status Indicator.png
2018-1-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-23 02:06
Hi there, could you leave your case number here? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Regarding the warm up, it will be quicker in warm weather. You can also in check the aircraft status indicator.

Wondering what makes the difference of "Green Flashes Slowly" and "Green Flashes Twice"
2018-1-23
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-23 03:04
Wondering what makes the difference of "Green Flashes Slowly" and "Green Flashes Twice"

Slowly = Flash.............Flash.............Flash.............Flash.............Flash.............Flash
Twice = Flash..Flash...............Flash..Flash...............Flash..Flash...............Flash..Flash...............Flash...Flash

Just a gues.
2018-1-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-23 04:02
Slowly = Flash.............Flash.............Flash.............Flash.............Flash.............Flash
Twice = Flash..Flash...............Flash..Flash...............Flash..Flash...............Flash..Flash...............Flash...Flash

Rather G ..... contra Gx2 ..... but no that is the difference, not what makes it ....
2018-1-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-23 02:06

My case number is 1260188-k8q8x2. I also have screenshots of the conversation where I was told that I would get my p4 back if you would like to see them.
2018-1-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-22 20:36
Strange, never got that before. May I ask why you have drone insurance? Are you a professional pilot? Because I've looked into insurance. Sorry about your drone too mate!

I'm just a hobbyist at the moment. My insurance is through state farm. The policy is $60 a year and I've already had one claim. My old p4 crashed and I had a $1600 check within a week. I couldn't recover my p4 either and they still paid out.
2018-1-23
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Warm up time is based on the temp the IMU and gear calibrated in.

As to Insurance ... get a confirmation from DJI that this is a direct replacement unit and present that to Insurance Broker. If they refuse it - then in my mind pretty crap broker.

Nigel
2018-1-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

When I say I'm not getting the warming up notification I mean I'm not getting it at all. It's the middle of winter here and I can open the app, then turn the p4 on and as soon as I get GPS lock I can take off. It's not that the warm up time is less, I mean the warm up nag does not occur PERIOD. Not even for a second. It skips the warm up all together. The p4 I sent in for repair would take a couple of minutes to warm up. The used, beat up p4 that was sent back to me does not go through a warm up procedure. It doesn't matter if I use my iPhone 6 or my galaxy s5, it doesn't happen either way.   
2018-1-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I made a video of it starting up cold. https://youtu.be/oiGEdoaU06Q
2018-1-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=oiGEdoaU06Q
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Duchunter Posted at 2018-1-23 11:49
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=oiGEdoaU06Q

Thanks for the video, warming up relates to the environment and the aircraft itself, aiming to ensure IMU is in good condition before flight. If IMU works perfectly, the drone will not need to warm up, this is normal and no worries.
By which channel did our support promise the drone would be repaired other than replacing? Via Online Chat or email? May I have the email account that you used to contact our support? We will escalate the issue to appropriate team for investigation, thank you.
2018-1-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-22 20:36

I just got a call from Tim at DJI. He left a message but it cut his message off so all I got was "hey, this is Tom from DJI"  I tried calling back the number he called from but nobody knew who Tom was or why he called. If he left a call back number it cut the message off before he left it. I'm hoping he will call back. I'm gonna stay by the phone in case he does.
2018-1-24
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 22:17
Thanks for the video, warming up relates to the environment and the aircraft itself, aiming to ensure IMU is in good condition before flight. If IMU works perfectly, the drone will not need to warm up, this is normal and no worries.
By which channel did our support promise the drone would be repaired other than replacing? Via Online Chat or email? May I have the email account that you used to contact our support? We will escalate the issue to appropriate team for investigation, thank you.

I was talking to the online chat person and they said that they would talk to the repair people and make sure I got my p4 back and not a different p4. My policy is attached to that serial number. If I need to make a claim on this replacement p4 then it's not gonna be covered and if I wanted to get a policy on it I can not as I do not have a sales receipt. My insurance company requires a sales receipt to start a policy. Well I don't have a sales receipt for this used replacement and I can't get one. Also, my p4 still looked new. I took very good care of it. It still had the stickers on the arms. The replacement clearly is not new. It's not in bad shape but it's not as nice as mine was. It had adhesive on the top of it that covers the dji sticker. There were greesie finger prints all over it and it just has a dull appearence overall compared to my p4. If my p4 had been in well used condition then I would probably be more than happy with the replacement but mine was like new and getting a replacement that's in a lesser condition is quite disappointing.The email associated with my case is graysonmiller1975@gmail.com.  
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Duchunter Posted at 2018-1-24 08:21
I just got a call from Tim at DJI. He left a message but it cut his message off so all I got was "hey, this is Tom from DJI"  I tried calling back the number he called from but nobody knew who Tom was or why he called. If he left a call back number it cut the message off before he left it. I'm hoping he will call back. I'm gonna stay by the phone in case he does.

Noted with thanks! I'll contact the Care Team and ask the right person to call you later.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules