3250 42 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:39
Isn’t 420m out of VLOS anyway ?  The thing is so small, all you can see is a speck, not what orientation.

Nope. I admit, at this distance the Spark is just a small dot but when you know where to look you can still see it. You can notice when you move to the sides (the dot moves on the horizon) but you cannot tell whether you are moving forward or back (the dot still looks the same size and relatively stays at the same spot). I don't fly that far too often as it makes me nervous but it's good to know you can do it if you need it .
2018-1-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:48
Nope. I admit, at this distance the Spark is just a small dot but when you know where to look you can still see it. You can notice when you move to the sides (the dot moves on the horizon) but you cannot tell whether you are moving forward or back (the dot still looks the same size and relatively stays at the same spot). I don't fly that far too often as it makes me nervous but it's good to know you can do it if you need it .

Yep...I know you can track it at that range....but just as a speck.  But the second you look down at your phone to check battery or video or to pan, you can’t find the damn thing when you look up again.  

So to me, if you’re flying at anything more than about 300m, you are really flying out of VLOS.    Don’t get me wrong, i’ve Flown over 1.2km, so I’m not saying that you are an evil person for flying at that range, LOL but I would class that as out of VLOS
2018-1-24
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:04
All paparazzi say that.  My thought is how do you see an incoming Cessna at that height from the ground.  You can't even clear the area around a drone that far away.  A Cessna would be tiny and hard to find in the sky.  

I ask because I have seen cities from that height, in a rented Cessna.

Download this free app ‘Flightradar24’ use it before you attempt any high altitude flying. You can see all the aircraft in the sky above you.
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules