Rear Landing Gear
1167 13 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
puddlejumper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247927 ft
United States

Been using Lightake landing ext..   mavic came home without the rear landing gear. Not just the ext. but the little landing (studs?) that came on Mavic. Has anyone had this happen? Not just Lightake, but any ext. that connects to rear landing pads. Have contacted c/s but they cant seem to answer a simple question, Can they be replaced? doesn't seem like it would hard to do. Waiting 5 days, still no word. So, anyone hear of this before?                 
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I stopped using landing gear extensions and switched to the landing pad in case this happened. I thought it would only be a matter of time. As for the rubber pads I can't find any spares on line so I presume you may need to send the drone in unless someone from DJI knows an alternative.  
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please take a picture about the situation. If it has a bad influence on the flight performance, please send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support.
2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 01:47
Sir, please take a picture about the situation. If it has a bad influence on the flight performance, please send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support.

Does not interfere with flight performance. Can't use any type of landing ext. DJI says they can't do anything. Send it in. Doesn't DJI have a factory somewhere where some little girl sits for 12 or more hours a day installing the rear landing assembly? And doesn't every part in an assembly plant have a part number?  I just think that any product part that has a part #  can and should be able to be replaced. Would be a lot less expensive to just drop them into an envelope and mail it.  That would mean a lot less down time and less shipping cost.  Must not be good for DJI's bottom line.
2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

puddlejumper Posted at 2018-1-27 02:26
Does not interfere with flight performance. Can't use any type of landing ext. DJI says they can't do anything. Send it in. Doesn't DJI have a factory somewhere where some little girl sits for 12 or more hours a day installing the rear landing assembly? And doesn't every part in an assembly plant have a part number?  I just think that any product part that has a part #  can and should be able to be replaced. Would be a lot less expensive to just drop them into an envelope and mail it.  That would mean a lot less down time and less shipping cost.  Must not be good for DJI's bottom line.

My next move is to ask if any of my fellow  Mavic Flyers has a crashed Mavic that can't be repaired might be able to help.
2018-1-27
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

A picture would still be nice.  Something else to look at... The 3D printer guys are really helpful and a lot of them do Mavic addons.  Someone there might be able to work up a replacement.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

The link pasting isn't working  You'll have to remove the space after the : because it thinks I;m trying to insert an emoji...

https://www.thingiverse.com/tag: DJI_MAVIC/

2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

Would love to post pic. if I only knew how. Have pics. on phone, tablet & laptop. Can email,& forward, but can't figure out how to post here. Will post to Facebook, Central Florida Mavic Group. In the meantime, I agree, a lot of 3D printers out there now. If anyone with a MP and a printer could try to copy them could help this misfortunate one and possibly more. I do still need to figure out how to post here, send link or explain it to me?

2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 01:47
Sir, please take a picture about the situation. If it has a bad influence on the flight performance, please send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support.

Just posted pic to Facebook, Central Florida Mavic Group.
2018-1-27
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

puddlejumper Posted at 2018-1-27 04:36
Would love to post pic. if I only knew how. Have pics. on phone, tablet & laptop. Can email,& forward, but can't figure out how to post here. Will post to Facebook, Central Florida Mavic Group. In the meantime, I agree, a lot of 3D printers out there now. If anyone with a MP and a printer could try to copy them could help this misfortunate one and possibly more. I do still need to figure out how to post here, send link or explain it to me?

Follow the image guide that I created below.
Images got uploaded in reverse order, so from bottom to top.
Whe you reply, switch to Advanced mode, click Pictures, click Browse, click upload. For addition pictures, go to the Common upload tab. when done, Confirm and post.

pic1.PNG
pic2.PNG
pic3.PNG
pic4.PNG
pic5.PNG
2018-1-27
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

As for the landing gear extensions - don't use them as they interfere with the downward sensing camera.
See this post of mine for details:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-116890-1-1.html
2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

Rear Landing Gear

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-1-27 04:53
Follow the image guide that I created below.
Images got uploaded in reverse order, so from bottom to top.
Whe you reply, switch to Advanced mode, click Pictures, click Browse, click upload. For addition pictures, go to the Common upload tab. when done, Confirm and post.

Been using Lightake landing ext..   mavic came home without the rear landing gear. Not just the ext. but the little landing (studs?) that came on Mavic. Has anyone had this happen? Not just Lightake, but any ext. that connects to rear landing pads. Have contacted c/s but they cant seem to answer a simple question, Can they be replaced? doesn't seem like it would hard to do. Waiting 5 days, still no word. So, anyone hear of this before?                 
2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-1-27 04:55
As for the landing gear extensions - don't use them as they interfere with the downward sensing camera.
See this post of mine for details:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-116890-1-1.html

Been trying past 1/2 hr. Won't upload. Say's to large. no more than 10240000 Byte, pic is 3.4 MB jpg. Whet the ????

2018-1-27
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.2
United States

puddlejumper Posted at 2018-1-27 06:01
Been trying past 1/2 hr. Won't upload. Say's to large. no more than 10240000 Byte, pic is 3.4 MB jpg. Whet the ????

For pic go to Facebook Central Florida Mavic Group. Frustration mounts. Going to use double sided tape with some foam, The box the batteries come are the right thickness, 1/4"wide each side of assembly studs.
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

puddlejumper Posted at 2018-1-27 02:26

Sir, please provide us a picture of the part of landing gear for further check. Or you can post the link of facebook here. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules