How to disable all the automatic / software controls?
704 3 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gius
New

Italy

Hello All, Many thanks for this community and your help. I have had a look at a few threads here and in the internet but I have not found a proper answer to this question yet: is it possible to use the most popular DJI drones without any automatic / electronic / software adjustement? I understand these automatic controls work for safety (which is the pilot's responsibility) and stability (these drones are not toys so it's good to have system assistance) but I would really like to try the bare, nude, mechanical drones and test all the relevant parameters for comparison, think of a test drive for cars... we had an amazing videogame in the 90s called Test Drive by Accolade, get it? So, any link to another thread here or official manual reference to disable all the electronic controls? Phantom drones are my first target. Thanks in advance and keep going! Gius
2018-1-23
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The answer to your question is no, the last DJI consumer drone to allow the user to switch off all the (for a better words) stability control systems, was the Phantom 2.
You should be able to find one for sale if you really want to "test drive" but having owned one, i can assure you that letting the flight computer do all the hard work is a lot less stressful

2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

but less fun
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Gius, a message will pop out if the new firmware update is available, you can choose to upgrade or not. Regarding the automatic controls, they will be written in the Main Control, you can check the User Manual for better understanding.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules