DJI Spark Battery not charging
65340 58 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ec8f6fe
New

United States

I am having this issue with two batteries. Trying to charge up my Spark and fly the first time this year and both are doing the same thing: first two LED's light up and turn off in a sequence of 4 times, then repeats after a short time. Looks like DJI has a whole bunch of bad batteries in these. Warranty doesn't matter if we make a big enough stink about it publicly. DJI, are these bricked and we need you to replace them, or do you have a fix?
2020-3-29
Use props
fans7ec8f6fe
New

United States

Spoke to DJI support yesterday, he said this:

You have to charge your batteries at least once every 10 days, and to full charge at least once a month, or they will go bad, as mine have done.

:-(
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_yGjKFGyXuXKj
New

United States

sanford12 Posted at 2019-5-7 09:49
This is my first post in the DJi forums. I just received my Spark and like many here the battery would not charge in the drone. The drone would start and connect to the controller so it seemed to be working fine. Then I started reading peoples problems they were having charging the battery. I know the charger and USB cable were good  because it charged the controller just fine. It seemed to me from reading pages of complaints that DjI has a problem with the USB contacts on the drone coming from the factory dirty. That would explain why after a few tries plugging in the USB cable some had success  and why some had problems later. I've worked on electronics for a long time and know dirty contacts can give you fits. There is a contact cleaner that I used almost as long as I've worked on electronics called DeoxIT D5. It's a gentle cleaner that evaporates and doesn't leave a residue. After unplugging all power from the wall and battery I filled the micro USB end with DeoxIT and plugged it in and out several times blew out both ends let it dry. Plugged the battery back into the drone connected the USB and a couple seconds later the charge lights started flashing. Now 40 minutes later all 4 lights are flashing and the charge is almost done.

Don't just use any contact cleaner or you may damage your drone and you don't need to use much.

Sanford, would you be able to upload video of your fix? I am trying to remotely help my uncle solve a similar issue.
2020-4-7
Use props
djiuser_YszLn4xLhwnY
New

United States

Wouldn’t it be nice if DJI simply replaced all these obviously faulty batteries with new ones rather than saying “oops... we apologize, go to your local retailer and buy more of our batteries!”  
2020-4-18
Use props
djiuser_YszLn4xLhwnY
New

United States

fans7ec8f6fe Posted at 3-29 19:04
I am having this issue with two batteries. Trying to charge up my Spark and fly the first time this year and both are doing the same thing: first two LED's light up and turn off in a sequence of 4 times, then repeats after a short time. Looks like DJI has a whole bunch of bad batteries in these. Warranty doesn't matter if we make a big enough stink about it publicly. DJI, are these bricked and we need you to replace them, or do you have a fix?

Couldn’t agree more! I don’t think they realize that they now have competition.
2020-4-18
Use props
djiuser_3FpcbNSBgLaA
New

United States

So I just bought a DJI spark that only comes with the drone and the battery. I insert the battery in the aircraft and tried charging the battery. Once that's done I put in the usb that connects to the drone which charges the battery. Nothing happens so I clicked the button on the battery, the first dot flashes 6 times and followed with the first 2 dots that flashes 4 times. I'm upset that I just bought a $500 drone that doesn't work. UGH. So I have to buy a new battery.

But if anyone had this problem with their battery then leave a like so I know I'm not the only one.
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_3FpcbNSBgLaA
New

United States

So I just bought a DJI spark that only comes with the drone and the battery. I insert the battery in the aircraft and tried charging the battery. Once that's done I put in the usb that connects to the drone which charges the battery. Nothing happens so I clicked the button on the battery, the first dot flashes 6 times and followed with the first 2 dots that flashes 4 times. So while the battery is connected, I press once and hold thing the aircraft will turn on, the battery shuts off. And if I take the battery out the aircraft and try to press once and hold nothing happens.I'm upset that I just bought a $500 drone that doesn't work. UGH. So I have to buy a new battery.

But if anyone had this problem with their battery then leave a like so I know I'm not the only one.
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_3FpcbNSBgLaA
New

United States

djiuser_1bSeswJTGqQ8 Posted at 2019-5-23 06:33
I am having the same problem with a brand new battery.  First 2 LEDs light 4 times, then turns off and repeats sequence.   It will not power up my SPARK.

Ur not the only one
2020-5-5
Use props
Grant3333
New

New Zealand

I've a similar problem; two batteries that wont charge past 2 green flashing lights (every 5 seconds or so). When I double click to turn on, all 4 green lights flash once, then the 1st light only flashes, then it dies. Same on both batteries. I assume not enough charge to turn on the drone.

It is really disappointing that this appears to be a dji battery problem that they wont replace.  6 months battery life is simply not good enough. Under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act the product must be' fit for purpose'. Less than 6 months life and no warning about needing to charge during long periods of no none use is simply not good enough. dji will you replace my batteries at no charge?
2020-6-8
Use props
amarfresh
New
United States

Grant3333 Posted at 6-8 14:20
I've a similar problem; two batteries that wont charge past 2 green flashing lights (every 5 seconds or so). When I double click to turn on, all 4 green lights flash once, then the 1st light only flashes, then it dies. Same on both batteries. I assume not enough charge to turn on the drone.

It is really disappointing that this appears to be a dji battery problem that they wont replace.  6 months battery life is simply not good enough. Under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act the product must be' fit for purpose'. Less than 6 months life and no warning about needing to charge during long periods of no none use is simply not good enough. dji will you replace my batteries at no charge?

i just dusted off my spark in preparation of a trip. it's been over a year since i've used it last. i have <3 hours of flight time, if that. my batteries have been cycled < 10x, if that. all my batteries appear to be non-functional and exhibit the behavior as above.  spark gets warm during charging, but batteries do not appear to be charging.

how disappointing.
2020-6-30
Use props
Av8or1ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4478 ft

United States

I am having the same issue with 2 batteries. This is absolutely unacceptable. I created a ticket with support and got the same run around of telling me to buy a new battery due to their faulty design and hardware. I plan on selling my drone as soon as I can and never buying anything DJI again. What a waste.

Here is the link to my video: https://youtu.be/kiSdAC9wyHs
2020-7-28
Use props
Av8or1ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4478 ft

United States

DJI doesn't care about their customers. Attached is my elevated support thread asking for remediation and being told that they won't help.

2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_4qkXMCvioKuI
New

United States

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone???
2020-8-16
Use props
AndyV26
New

Argentina

I’m having the same problem with one of my batteries. 1st two leds light up as thought charging but only 4 times then the lights go dark for around 7 seconds then start the sequence again. That’s with the spark plugged in via the USB entry in the rear of the aircraft. When trying to charge the battery via the hub, I get nada! Yet my other two batteries charge without an issue! Is there a solution to fix this yet?
2021-1-14
Use props
johnyj
lvl.1

Sweden

Same problem here, I bought spark in 2018/5 and only used once, then occupied by other matters abroad, and then came crona for lockdown in another country for 1 year, now that I need to fire up the spark, I found out this 2 led blink 4 times problem as many others had.

Someone said that he took apart the battery but find out the charging on batteries are still ok, so this seems to be a problem with the charge controller board in battery. Somehow it entered a strange state

(update one day later)
I put a current meter in between,  I can see that with 5V adapter, the charging current is 0.25A, and with 12V dji QC adapter, the charging current is 0.16A, both are about 1/10 of the normal current. So some current is still feed into the battery/aircraft when this 2 light blinking 4 times circle going on, just don't know if that small current is able to slowly bring back the battery to normal. I guess, if the voltage of one cell is too much away from the other two (typically V of a bad cell raises quickly under any charge), then the balancer might not work, which gives this error

Maybe this 2 LED bink 4 times signal just indicate that system is in low charging current mode, it could continue until the end of the charging process, so that all the cells top around 4.2 volt. However, if a battery like that have slightest drain, then voltage of the bad cell will drop immediately, causing the battery to fail during the flight, better to trash it

low current charging

low current charging
2021-2-10
Use props
johnyj
lvl.1

Sweden

I finally opened the battery and found out that two cells at sides are both 1.6V and one cell in the middle is only 0.8V. It seems that there has not been enough charge for those cells even the charging current reading is 0.3A for many hours

I then charged them by wiring from an intelligent battery charger. Those batteries at 1.6V charges very fast, indicating bad cells, but the battery at 0.8V charges slow and holds about 250 mah charge upon reaching 3.8V

After all cells reached 3.8V, I plug the battery back in the plane, connect a charging cable. Now, still 2 led blinking 4 times pattern. Press the button will get 1 blinking led and double press to start the drone ends up with fan spining up for a few seconds and nothing after.

I guess the battery chip might have some battery test logic, once you enter the state of 2 blinking led, it cuts the connection to drone, regardless of the voltage of the battery, the only choice is to trash it

2021-2-12
Use props
Drones Align
lvl.1
Australia

sanford12 Posted at 2019-5-7 09:49
This is my first post in the DJi forums. I just received my Spark and like many here the battery would not charge in the drone. The drone would start and connect to the controller so it seemed to be working fine. Then I started reading peoples problems they were having charging the battery. I know the charger and USB cable were good  because it charged the controller just fine. It seemed to me from reading pages of complaints that DjI has a problem with the USB contacts on the drone coming from the factory dirty. That would explain why after a few tries plugging in the USB cable some had success  and why some had problems later. I've worked on electronics for a long time and know dirty contacts can give you fits. There is a contact cleaner that I used almost as long as I've worked on electronics called DeoxIT D5. It's a gentle cleaner that evaporates and doesn't leave a residue. After unplugging all power from the wall and battery I filled the micro USB end with DeoxIT and plugged it in and out several times blew out both ends let it dry. Plugged the battery back into the drone connected the USB and a couple seconds later the charge lights started flashing. Now 40 minutes later all 4 lights are flashing and the charge is almost done.

Don't just use any contact cleaner or you may damage your drone and you don't need to use much.

Hello SANFORD 12,
I had the similar issue, i contacted DJI support, they advised to send the battery in for inspection.
DJI then sent me a brand new battery.
This whole process was done in 4 working days, very quick and efficient service.
2021-2-14
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
Bahamas

Drones Align Posted at 2-14 02:54
Hello SANFORD 12,
I had the similar issue, i contacted DJI support, they advised to send the battery in for inspection.
DJI then sent me a brand new battery.

same problem ,batteries won't
charge after several months disuse.
2021-3-17
Use props
fansc5a0db58
lvl.1
United States

I think it’s the battery not the spark I have two batteries one charges fine the other blinks two lights a few times then goes dark then blinks again but dose not charge when out of the spark when I press it it lights up all 4 lights one after the other then goes dark and is dead until I plug it back in to the spark but my other battery charges fine try a new battery hope it helps
2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules