Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark Battery not charging
12Next >
65194 58 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zax9199
lvl.1
Singapore

I have just used my spark to update firmware 2 weeks ago. Today I tried charging 1 of my battery but it will not charge up. Tried using charging hub, once inserted battery the charging hub light turns green and after a while it turns red. No light appearing on the battery. Has already tried the charging hub with another battery and it works.

Tried using my spark to charge the battery, it seems like it's charging by blinking from 1st to 2nd LED but after 4 cycles, the blinking stop for a few seconds before it starts blinking again.

Anyone has got any idea what is happening to my battery?
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Power the drone up using the battery and see what if any errors show up.
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is anything happening, after you pushing the button with the battery disconnected from charger or Spark?
If not, I'd say it is hibernating.
Why it is no waking up, if inserted to the charger or charged vis Spark is the question, then
2018-1-23
Use props
Zax9199
lvl.1
Singapore

After disconnecting from charger, I tried powering up but no light no anything.

The only point where the battery LED will blink is when I charge using spark. Even connected with a power source, unable to power up.
2018-1-23
Use props
Ecosport2064
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello All,

On my Go4 App i read an alert that was indicating me to upgrade firmware and I performed as directed. The update was successful and then I wanted charge my Spark battery by plugging into the aircraft
The First Green LED and the Second one lights up in sequence and this happens 4 times. After this all lights go off and battery does not get charged
My spark battery is low so that I cannot even downgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant 2
I don't have any external charger

The Flat pins inside the Aircraft that connect to the battery read 0.44 V. I think they should be 11.5 V

Some thing is terribly wrong with the spark internal charging circuit I suppose

If you have any thoughts please let me know

Regards,
Venkat
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Zax, sorry for the late response first. It is recommended to contact the support via support@dji.com and report the issue, the designated team will take care of this.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ecosport2064 Posted at 2018-1-24 04:50
Hello All,

On my Go4 App i read an alert that was indicating me to upgrade firmware and I performed as directed. The update was successful and then I wanted charge my Spark battery by plugging into the aircraft

Venkat, is there any chance change to another working USB cable or battery to verify? If still no luck, please kindly upload a short video for double check, thanks!
2018-1-28
Use props
negiajit
lvl.1
Hong Kong

i have the same issue. plz help me too
2018-1-29
Use props
Gpc0722
New
Canada

Same issue here, one  battery from my fly more combo works perfectly, the other doesn’t charge.  First 2 led’s flash 4 times
then stop, a few seconds pass and they flash again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
2018-1-30
Use props
Ecosport2064
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-28 20:16
Venkat, is there any chance change to another working USB cable or battery to verify? If still no luck, please kindly upload a short video for double check, thanks!

Hi Susan,

I have tried all options such as swapping chargers cables and even with a new Spark battery, the battery wont charge. Looks like the built in charger circuit within the aircraft bricked up !
I have tried to measure the charge voltage on the flat pins, they read 0.45 Volts.
I have ordered the DJI spark charging hub to try out charging my batteries on it. I'm waiting for the delivery of this charger from DJI, it could take  about 20 days from now. I can come up with answers then

Regards,
Venkat
2018-2-1
Use props
Ecosport2064
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-28 20:16

here is the video URL
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7ksz1qnoyp6hol/IMG_1068.MOV?dl=0
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ecosport2064 Posted at 2018-2-1 01:29
here is the video URL
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7ksz1qnoyp6hol/IMG_1068.MOV?dl=0

Noted with thanks! I'm afraid the issue cannot be addressed remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in.
2018-2-5
Use props
Ecosport2064
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 02:21
Noted with thanks! I'm afraid the issue cannot be addressed remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in.

Thanks Susan, We have legal issues in India, i.e.., sending the drone from India to HK is getting expensive due to customs regulations, the govt body is charging heavy shipping costs

My spark is still under warranty

I'm kind of stuck
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ecosport2064 Posted at 2018-2-7 23:12
Thanks Susan, We have legal issues in India, i.e.., sending the drone from India to HK is getting expensive due to customs regulations, the govt body is charging heavy shipping costs

My spark is still under warranty

Sorry about this. Please try to contact the local dealers or sellers to see whether they can help.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans40f2a48a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 616978 ft
Australia

I have the same issue. Just started with a battery that I have used multiple times. Did anyone find a fix?
2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans40f2a48a Posted at 2018-3-31 13:29
I have the same issue. Just started with a battery that I have used multiple times. Did anyone find a fix?

Did you try to charge it for a long time or change a charger? If the problem remain, please keep us updated.
2018-4-2
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442011 ft
United States

I too am having this exact same issue. Plug the battery into the charging hub, and I get a green light on the charger for a few seconds, then it goes red. thats it. If I try to charge this battery in the spark, I get the same as above, The first 2 LED's blink 4 times and thats it. I have 3 other batteries that have charged today without issue. Just this one battery.
2018-4-13
Use props
acALIEN
New

I have the same issue. Did anybody found solution ??
2018-5-20
Use props
fansf9373fcb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Israel

hey,
I had the same problem of removing the battery and playing with its power button solved the strange phenomenon
There is no unequivocal answer to why this happens.
2018-6-2
Use props
xScrump
lvl.1
Singapore

Started a case with DJI support. Asked me to mail my battery back to hong kong yet notes at the bottom of email indicate not to mail any battery to them. Now stuck with a useless battery and 1 working battery. Support told me to send them video and try to troubleshoot but no replies yet. Kinda disappointed as there is no explaination of why this would happen to a battery that is less than half a year lifespan.
2018-6-2
Use props
xScrump
lvl.1
Singapore

This was the reply I got from DJI Support.

"Good day!

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your DJI Product.

If the battery issue still persists after all the troubleshooting steps, we are sincerely sorry for that the battery seems dead.

Upon checking the SN in the system, the information provided indicates that the batteries are outside of the warranty period.  Warranty for batteries will be 6 months if found to be a quality issue.

To review the warranty period for all parts related to our products, please review the After-Sales Service Policy, located at the following link:
http://www.dji.com/service/policy (Warranty Period of Main Parts).

Because of the structure of battery, it cannot be repaired. If it is out of warranty and indeed dead, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store.

Thank you for kind understanding. Have a great day!
Best Regards,
Lucia
DJI Technical Support"

From my first email dated on 24 Jan 2018,
I have indicated my full purchase details and my location.
Support officer, Nicole Zhang replied stating for me to send my battery back to Hong Kong for servicing.
NOTE:She did not inform me that battery warranty will be 6 months if found to be quality issues.

When I was reading the email on steps to send my battery for servicing, here comes the main point
"Tips:
1. DO NOT send any batteries back due to safety and custom concerns."

Great... I can't send my battery to Hong Kong as what she suggested.
And after clarifying, she suggested for me to email her video of my battery problem so she could suggest troubleshooting steps.
OK, I send in the video quite late as I was really busy and I did not get a reply from the support officer until yesterday I sent another email asking for a reply.
And here comes the reply today from another support officer, Lucia Li.
"Good day!

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your DJI Product.

If the battery issue still persists after all the troubleshooting steps, we are sincerely sorry for that the battery seems dead.

Upon checking the SN in the system, the information provided indicates that the batteries are outside of the warranty period.  Warranty for batteries will be 6 months if found to be a quality issue.

To review the warranty period for all parts related to our products, please review the After-Sales Service Policy, located at the following link:
http://www.dji.com/service/policy (Warranty Period of Main Parts).

Because of the structure of battery, it cannot be repaired. If it is out of warranty and indeed dead, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store.

Thank you for kind understanding. Have a great day!
Best Regards,
Lucia
DJI Technical Support"

He/She declared my battery dead without even providing me any troubleshooting steps.
So lucky that I got a battery that died just nice right after the 6 months warranty.
With the kind of support provided, I won't support other products from DJI anymore.
2018-6-3
Use props
djiuser_SRq9du0LY6xB
New
United Arab Emirates

I have the same issue
Only flight 4 time
Start charging first and second light worming for 4 time and stop
Repeated so many times
What shall ido
2018-10-13
Use props
djiuser_SRq9du0LY6xB
New
United Arab Emirates

Hi
How are you ?
I have spark
Battery requested update
Once update finish
first 3 light turned on for 3 times and stopped
Battery not need to turn on and not able to turn on the spark
It is just new
Used for 3 times only
2018-10-19
Use props
siscdrone
New

South Korea

xScrump Posted at 2018-6-3 06:39
This was the reply I got from DJI Support.

"Good day!

DJI is lying. I have the same problem. The battery is fine, but the drone won't charge it. Putting it into another drone charges it. Last time I buy anything from them, can't believe their tech support just lies like that.
2019-4-7
Use props
sanford12
New

United States

This is my first post in the DJi forums. I just received my Spark and like many here the battery would not charge in the drone. The drone would start and connect to the controller so it seemed to be working fine. Then I started reading peoples problems they were having charging the battery. I know the charger and USB cable were good  because it charged the controller just fine. It seemed to me from reading pages of complaints that DjI has a problem with the USB contacts on the drone coming from the factory dirty. That would explain why after a few tries plugging in the USB cable some had success  and why some had problems later. I've worked on electronics for a long time and know dirty contacts can give you fits. There is a contact cleaner that I used almost as long as I've worked on electronics called DeoxIT D5. It's a gentle cleaner that evaporates and doesn't leave a residue. After unplugging all power from the wall and battery I filled the micro USB end with DeoxIT and plugged it in and out several times blew out both ends let it dry. Plugged the battery back into the drone connected the USB and a couple seconds later the charge lights started flashing. Now 40 minutes later all 4 lights are flashing and the charge is almost done.

Don't just use any contact cleaner or you may damage your drone and you don't need to use much.
2019-5-7
Use props
srini.reddy
New
Indonesia

Same problem here, Today I bought the drone, and then I tried to charge the batteries with charging hub, one battery was charging and another was not charging,  Then I tried to install the battery in drone and then I tried to charge, it was working but still two points of charge only. I will spread this word, DJI is cheating us. There is some problem with batteries.
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_1bSeswJTGqQ8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36860 ft
United States

I am having the same problem with a brand new battery.  First 2 LEDs light 4 times, then turns off and repeats sequence.   It will not power up my SPARK.  
2019-5-23
Use props
djiuser_rna6grmeGtTw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3898 ft

Has anyone managed find a solution for this? I too get the 2 LED lights 4 time loop when attached to spark and charging. What does that mean? Charging via Charging hub does not nothing.
2019-9-14
Use props
fansae52e0c1
New
Flight distance : 725 ft
Philippines

Problem just started with one of my Spark batteries too. Solution?
2019-10-28
Use props
Evan J. Harun
New

Indonesia

i have same problem,my battery wont charge,the light is turn off
2019-11-7
Use props
Evan J. Harun
New

Indonesia

why my indicator light turn off when i charge,
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>

Evan J. Harun Posted at 11-7 23:30
i have same problem,my battery wont charge,the light is turn off

Have you tried leaving it on charge for a long period like overnight.
2019-11-7
Use props
Evan J. Harun
New

Indonesia

no, but the light indicator is off,
2019-11-8
Use props
fans3a6f078c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I too get the 2 LED lights 4 time loop when attached to spark and charging with both my batteries which have hardly been used, one is new only charged once!!

Has anyone had an answer to this really common problem?
2020-3-5
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

look at the chart  and match the code i hope this helps .
2020-3-5
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

how many times have you charged the battery and how low did did you discharged the battery . any cell thats go's below 3.00 v most of the time will be trash .
2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_hGXIV3gHdgDe
New

Albania

I have a problem with the battery too.i left it inside an unused spark for a year, trying to charge it now only the first 2 led blink every few seconds
2020-3-6
Use props
djiuser_BcWrTeFhIIOO
New

United States

I haven't touched my Spark in a while. I literally only flew it few times.  But one of my battery is having same issues reported here.  
2020-3-15
Use props
julianomkt
lvl.1

Germany

Ecosport2064 Posted at 2018-1-24 04:50
Hello All,

Hi Venkat. Very same happening here. Did you find any solution for this? I'm not taking the risk of buying a new battery since the problem can be anywhere else. Thanks!
2020-3-18
Use props
julianomkt
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_BcWrTeFhIIOO Posted at 3-15 14:09
I haven't touched my Spark in a while. I literally only flew it few times.  But one of my battery is having same issues reported here.

I have the same issue. did you find a solution?
2020-3-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules