~MAVIC AIR~ Tello,Spark,MAir,MPro,P4P *SPREADSHEET* POLL Update v1.0
6885 52 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

No sir I want upgrade, I have the Mavic and the P4P and when I get mine back from DJI I will never own another drone of any kind to many problems, lots of fun but to many problems with firmware updates and unknown problems.
2018-1-24
Use props
simon1957
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187 ft
United States

I own a3 pro great drone this one will be used for vacation ordered mine yesterday
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I own both spark and Mavic Pro , very disappointed in Mavic Pro Camera so hoping MavAir will be a lot better, distance is fine also I have no problems using WiFi with my spark always good transmission, will sell one of them which I don’t know yet.
2018-1-24
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

hard decision.  i have an amazing p3p that goes a little faster and a little further and a little higher than most ;-)

i would like the mavic pro remote.  some handy things on the display
i may miss the range.. will go out with the p3p this weekend and see what range i want vs what i need.  never really ran out and never paid much attention to it cause it wasn't ever a restriction.
i really need the compact as I only use the p3p a few times a year it's too big to lug around on my hikes and backpacking trips.
all the stuff with the fly more package is a bonus for sure...

pretty sure when i bought my p3p it stated 3 mile range.. but now all the specs pages don't list that part ..

i had my fair share of problems with the p3p in the first year and swore never to deal with dji again and their restrictions are even worse now..
i think i will find the flying distance to be the limiting factor.  i like the idea of boomerang etc.. wish the p3p software had the ability to record and replay macros
2018-1-25
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

guys, don't you see the parallelism to Apple here?!
Mavic Pro <-> Mavic Air
MacBook Pro <-> MacBook Air

I think it's obvious what the Mavic is Air compared to the Mavic Pro.
2018-1-25
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

devGOD Posted at 2018-1-23 14:47
not many people are impressed.  DJI is hurting themselves with all the options. A Mavic Pro 2 should have been released. From the looks of it the Mavic Air has not sold out yet. Usually that happens within a hour of a DJI release, yet its still available for order at the time of post

don't you think they learned from the past?
After having the high demand from The Mavic Pro, they advanced in manufacturing capabilities and build up a stock before the release.
They are partner with Apple, so they learned their stuff.
2018-1-25
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I’m preordered my Mavic Air already. I have the spark and Mavic Pro, the Mavic Air fill the caps between the spark and Mavic Pro.
2018-1-25
Use props
MauiMaps
lvl.4

United States

FI. Stanley Posted at 2018-1-25 12:26
I’m preordered my Mavic Air already. I have the spark and Mavic Pro, the Mavic Air fill the caps between the spark and Mavic Pro.

It seems more like the gap between the Mavic Pro 60Mb/s and Phantom 4 Pro 100Mb/s.
Mavic Air 100 Mb/s.
2018-1-25
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

I'm definitely getting the Mavic Air.  I thin its a great unit and a "air" (lighter) version of the Mavic, similar to Apple's strategy.  All complaining should know there are several drones in the catalog to meet your needs, so fix your budget accordingly.  After the Mavic, I use my Inspire Pro a lot less for the same pay in most gigs.  The Mavic Air is definitely going to replace the Mavic Pro this month.
2018-1-29
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

To go from a Mavic Pro to a Mavic Air is a downgrade.
dji should have named it to Mavic Lite

* hex *
2018-1-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Would like to have the camera chip and image processor from Mavic Air in my old 2016 Mavic PRO so it could write at 100 mbps instead of 60 mbps video. But that's not something I do not want to pay a lot of $$ for. Both Spark and Mavic Air are a bit too toy-like to me. Guess what my vote went to.   

Regards Leif.
2018-1-30
Use props
MauiMaps
lvl.4

United States

UPDATE 3
updating spreadsheet with Mavic Air v1.0 manual
  https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... 1m1bH9IM/edit#gid=0
2018-2-1
Use props