1 million $$ question for newbies
3446 80 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

In general, I believe most droners are pretty sensible and study the manual and probably use the flight simulator, before an actual drone flight. The sheer cost of a Mavic is enough for sensible people to find a large, open, tall grass area to fly over, in beginner mode. If they are like me, they will want to be alone and practice take off and landings a few metres high, before any other manoeuvres.
We see lots of crashes, runaways and painfully stupid questions here on the forum, but they are a negligible few, compared with the number of drones that are sold.
I have flown 1000s of km now in short distance flights, for photography, rather than the joy of flying and always say my goodbyes as Mr Mavic takes off. One day, it won't come back.
I am probably a coward, when it comes to risk. The wind speed has to be low, the area has been checked out for obstacles, particularly power lines hidden by background or distance, no people around for it to fall on and all the other safe flying issues for the part of the world I fly in. I am sure most droners do the same and that is why we never hear their drama. They don't have any, because they are well prepared.
If I haven't flown for a week or so, I always retrain with a couple of battery charges of test lights.
Boring, I know, but I have never lost or crashed a drone yet.
I have had one shot down though and the perp was charged by the police accordingly. Expensive shot gun confiscated, licence rescinded and pursued by my insurance company for the damages..
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules