Mavic Air landing on boat after tracking
2954 5 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RexD
New
Denmark

Hi, I drive a wakeboarding boat. Can I launch the Mavic Air from the boat - then drive the boat for miles while it follows the surfer and films - and then make it land on my palm on the boat?

Thx
Rex
2018-1-23
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

Points to consider . . . First . . you need to be confident in HAND CATCHING your drone . . soooo PRACTICE a LOT !!! . . Second . . keep track of your BATTERY LEVEL . . . remember . . the MAVIC does not FLOAT WELL . . other wise . . yessss I can see it happening (in SPORT MODE) . . just don't be the Boat Captain and the Drone Pilot . . . will be to easy to OPPS one or the other !!!   Good Luck !!
2018-1-23
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Watch mavic flights on/from boats on youtube.
There is always something to be gleaned from them...
2018-1-23
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I am assuming hand launching and catching is similar to Spark, which isn't quite as tricky as the Mavic.  I would advise catching from a stationary position ... with rolling seas, that may still be tricky.
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doable but take care
2018-1-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The other thing to take note is the 21 minutes flight time in perfect conditions  (no wind) will translates into 15 minutes in real life conditions.

I can't help thinking the MPP is a better match for your filming scenario with at least 21 minutes or more of real flight time
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules