Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air and DJI Goggles
47851 8183 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richdon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 479045 ft
United States

Hello everyone out there with more DJI drone knowlege than me. Can someone please tell me how well the Mavic Air works with the DJI goggles. I was just about to pull the trigger on multiple Mavic pro's and now I see this whole thing about the Mavic Air. Needless to say this has made me pause for a second. But I cannot find anywhere where anyone mentions using the Mavic Air with either the DJI Goggles or the Goggles RE.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance Girls & Guys
2018-1-23
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

The goggles connect wirelessly to the Mavic Pro,  whereas it looks like the Mavic Air would need to connect via the USB port on the controller
2018-1-23
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3
United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2018-1-23 15:02
The goggles connect wirelessly to the Mavic Pro,  whereas it looks like the Mavic Air would need to connect via the USB port on the controller

Thanks do you have any word about the quality?
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_PIfmMC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238409 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

i would like to know this as well. so i am unable to have my phone connected to the remote if i use a dji goggles with the mavic air? could someone from DJI clarify that?
2018-1-24
Use props
fans87bd7b1a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198343 ft
Netherlands

Sofar as i can see is the connetion wireless. They say PAIR with the goggles
ec96686e-13df-4240-ae3e-09f53aa78ff0.jpg
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_PIfmMC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238409 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

i just spoke with a dji agent through online chat. they said a cable is needed and it is similar to spark
2018-1-25
Use props
fans833df08b
lvl.1
United States

I have the very same question. I asked DJI support via chat and they confirmed that with the Mavic Air you would be able to control the gimbal with head movement. Now that is yet to be seen as I have not found any reviews with the MA and goggles. For me, gimbal control with head movement  is a very important feature with the goggles as it is lots of fun.  
2018-1-25
Use props
fans833df08b
lvl.1
United States

goggles and mavic air
F3D2E703-1B8A-471B-A94D-2F94B23185DB.png
2018-1-25
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-1-25
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3
United States

Thanks guys everyone has been a great help.
2018-1-25
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Of course cable is needed. Mavic Air don’t has ocusync so it cannot be connected with goggles wirelessly. Same like spark by the way
2018-1-25
Use props
Boba555
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi does anyone know the range wearing the dji goggles that you can fly the Mavic Air ?thanks
2018-1-26
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Boba555 Posted at 2018-1-26 03:14
Hi does anyone know the range wearing the dji goggles that you can fly the Mavic Air ?thanks

Same as without goggles since it gets the feed from remote.

Also worth noting: The Mavic Pro is not only wireless connected to goggles it also has 1920*1080 feed as long as signal is good enough, spark and mavic air have 1280*720 resolution on goggles/phone/tablet.
2018-1-26
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_PIfmMC2 Posted at 2018-1-24 00:09
i would like to know this as well. so i am unable to have my phone connected to the remote if i use a dji goggles with the mavic air? could someone from DJI clarify that?

That is correct, if you use the goggles you will not use the phone at all. All control and telemetry will be from the goggles and controller.
2018-1-26
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Note also that live broadcast functionality might not be viable in the air. Simply because when flying the air, the mobile device has its Wi-Fi connected to the air and not some other Wi-Fi or mobile network.
2018-1-26
Use props
Boba555
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks lads for getting back to me regarding the dji goggles and the Mavic Air.Great that functionality works will be buying soon
2018-1-26
Use props
Claudia Fischer
lvl.3
Germany

Boba555 Posted at 2018-1-26 07:33
Thanks lads for getting back to me regarding the dji goggles and the Mavic Air.Great that functionality works will be buying soon

There is also a combination / bundle available: DJI Mavic Air & DJI Goggles

Actually you can save 263 US dollars...
2018-1-26
Use props
Boba555
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks Claudia for the info on the combination bundle,it’s a good deal
2018-1-26
Use props
slyfox0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118 ft
Canada

I was thinking about changing my order from the Fly More combo to the one with the goggles. Luckily I had a chance to try the DJI goggles in the store today.

It was cool but I am glad that I did not buy them. They are indeed bulky, the view requires time to adjust (expected), I had some eye strain (after a short period of time), the weight is a factor.

I decided to save the money for an iPhone upgrade this year instead. Unless DJI releases a smaller and improved version of the goggles.
2018-1-26
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the next question would be if you have to run the Go4 app with the Air simultaneously  while using the goggles like you do with the MavicPro......DJI?
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Richdon, Mavic Air connects the Goggles via the USB cable. Hope it helps.
2018-1-28
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-28 23:47
Hi Richdon, Mavic Air connects the Goggles via the USB cable. Hope it helps.

Hi Thor

Just received by Mavic Air and connected the controller to the original (white) goggles with no problem but they do connect to RE Goggles but has no picture.

The RE Goggles is on the latest firmware (18/12/2017). Is this problem known by DJI?

Alan
2018-1-29
Use props
fansc69699d7
lvl.1
United States

Hi Thor, Richdon, Alan

Received the Mavic Air and the RE Goggles today and connected them via usb cable after updating firmware and it connects but there is no picture.  
Re-tested RE Goggles on a Phantom 4 using the same USB cable & it works fine showing the picture/video stream.

Is this problem known by DJI?
Am I a Mavic Air beta tester?

Adam
2018-1-30
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17615 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc69699d7 Posted at 2018-1-30 13:11
Hi Thor, Richdon, Alan

Received the Mavic Air and the RE Goggles today and connected them via usb cable after updating firmware and it connects but there is no picture.  

did you ever figure it out ? same problem with me
2018-2-2
Use props
er97ic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8691 ft
United States

This is documented on a couple threads now (RE Goggle work fine on phantom 4/spark but no video on MA) but no response from DJI
2018-2-2
Use props
SheepleTVdotCOM
lvl.1
United States

DJI Goggles RE doesn't support Mavic Air at the moment, a compatible firmware version for the DJI Goggles RE will be released in the near future, appreciate your patience.
See:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-132575-1-1.html
2018-2-3
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17615 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc69699d7 Posted at 2018-1-30 13:11
Hi Thor, Richdon, Alan

did you get them to work?
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_vATkfvATcw5P
lvl.1
United States

One thing to note folks is that you can't use the goggles and your phone at the same time when flying the MA. This means you cannot fly the drone using your phone while letting someone else view the same feed with the goggles. Very disappointing.
2018-2-7
Use props
HighAnxiety
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2018-1-23 15:02
The goggles connect wirelessly to the Mavic Pro,  whereas it looks like the Mavic Air would need to connect via the USB port on the controller

False information, I've seen youtube videos showing MAVIC AIR flying with the person using Goggles without any wires to the controller.    You can also use up to 4 Goggles to 1 drone but only 1 has control of drone options the others have just slaves.
2018-2-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HighAnxiety Posted at 2018-2-8 09:47
False information, I've seen youtube videos showing MAVIC AIR flying with the person using Goggles without any wires to the controller.    You can also use up to 4 Goggles to 1 drone but only 1 has control of drone options the others have just slaves.

You have a link to these videos ?
2018-2-8
Use props
fans833df08b
lvl.1
United States

Please post link to those videos. i jusr got my mavic air and even though dji support had confirmed that functiinality would include features like gimbal control, well turns out that it’s not true. Also I could’t see video feed on the goggles even though they were connected to the controller. I called again today and asked dji support amd they said that I had to wait for an update that would come out in end of February to Mid March 2018 and that until then the goggles would simply not work with the mavic air because they are not supported. This is so contradictiry. And to top it all, I managed to run the updates on the goggles today and to my surprise now I get video feed from the mavic air. But still no clue as to gimbal control with head movement. That function is not available. It’s kind of frustrating to call dji support and it seems that they will come up with any excuse but the truth. It appears that their information sources are not cemtralized and very inconsistent. I’ve got more useful info from other owners than from support. Have they not used their products? How can they give support on something they don’t know? I don’t mean to generalize as I hope there are some or most at dji support that may actually know what they are talking about. I’m no engineer or drine expert. I just follow the advice of whom I consider an expert and up to this point I thought that would be DJI. But now I don’t know. The mavic air manual does not address this matter either. I sincerely hope that I am mistaken and that the functionalities that would be expected of fpv mode inckuding the gimbal control with head movement will come up sooner than later.  Another thung I can share is that you can’t use bith the iphone/ipad whe connected to the controller. It’s either or, not both. But that I can understand as there is no occusync.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans9df3d787
lvl.1
United States

False information, I've seen youtube videos showing MAVIC AIR flying with the person using Goggles without any wires to the controller.    You can also use up to 4 Goggles to 1 drone but only 1 has control of drone options the others have just slaves.

As others have already mentioned, post a link or delete your reply.  Mine works fine attached via USB cable and an email reply from DJI tech support told me it only works with a cable while the phone is not also connected.  Head tracking works as well.  Since the Air does not use ocusync, we are stuck with a cable, which is not honestly a deal breaker for me.

It would have been nice for DJI to include some coherent instructions on this while selling a bundled Fly More Package with the goggles.  I too assumed it would work without the cable, but this is not the case.
2018-2-8
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Alan M Posted at 2018-1-29 06:49
Hi Thor

Just received by Mavic Air and connected the controller to the original (white) goggles with no problem but they do connect to RE Goggles but has no picture.

You need to disconnect the cable connection from RC to your phone first then use the bottom usb port to connect to your dji goggles.

This is how i connect my DJI Mavic Air with DJI Goggles and work as usual.
2018-2-8
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-2-8 18:06
You need to disconnect the cable connection from RC to your phone first then use the bottom usb port to connect to your dji goggles.

This is how i connect my DJI Mavic Air with DJI Goggles and work as usual.

Hi Nelsonlee

Thanks for the reply but if you look at my request to DJI Thor I stated that I'd got the White Goggles to work but was having problems with the Racing Edition Goggles.  And DJI Thor has replied saying this is a software issue.

Alan M
2018-2-9
Use props
fans833df08b
lvl.1
United States

fans9d and Nelsonlee,
you mentioned that you head tracking was working fine with the mavic air? I managed to figure put how to make it work on mine but the gimbal only moves up or down. no left to right movement. Are you having this problem too?
2018-2-9
Use props
ROCDESIGN
lvl.2
Ireland

The Racing edition of DJI Goggles DO NOT connect to the Magic Air. I know, I have them both sitting here for days trying to connect, I get in touch with DJI and they say they are working on the firmware and know that they do not connect.
2018-2-9
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
United States

That’s great! Please share the video links
2018-2-9
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ROCDESIGN Posted at 2018-2-9 05:00
The Racing edition of DJI Goggles DO NOT connect to the Magic Air. I know, I have them both sitting here for days trying to connect, I get in touch with DJI and they say they are working on the firmware and know that they do not connect.

New DJI Goggles RE Firmware v1.0.2.0 is up.

[Quote]
What is new?
* Add support for Mavic Air.
[End of Quote]

Henry
2018-2-9
Use props
fansf86c59bf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31047 ft
Canada

With today’s firmware, all seems ok but gimble head tracking (yaw) wont wont... up/down no issues but not left to right.... the MA head tracking does work... up/down turning MA left to right but not gimble... normal?
2018-2-9
Use props
blackice83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170886 ft
Germany

fansf86c59bf Posted at 2018-2-9 12:07
With today’s firmware, all seems ok but gimble head tracking (yaw) wont wont... up/down no issues but not left to right.... the MA head tracking does work... up/down turning MA left to right but not gimble... normal?

Same here, yaw doesn’t work.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules