Never happened before...
2137 18 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Ok.. Ive had my Mavic since June of 2017 and I've logged a bit over 2,000,000 Feet (618 Km) and I've NEVER had a bug.  I went out flying this morning and had a wonderful time flying.  Never a flaw.  But when I got home, my app showed an extra flight on my record.  So I look it up and one of my flights was split in two.  One record was 611 feet from take off to a sudden end in mid air.  The other flight showed from Mid air to landing.  No error messages, no warnings, no nothing.  Just ends in mid air and then the next one starts in mid air.  So is this a common error that occurs?  The last two flights registered everything from takeoff to landing.  

Specs.  Firmware totally up to date,  App running 4.1.22, Samsung Note 5 (yes, I know not on the approved list but 8 months without a flaw) running Android 7.0.  I started out with the phone in Airplane mode until the app started squawking about updating the "Do not fly" Database.  

Record from Takeoff to vanishment:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R0ZDOU8YNCT2NJSP89GH/

Record from nothingness to landing:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9M2E5FA04YW445VQPVJI/

Something I should be worried about??  Or blow it off as a glitch?

2018-1-23
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

Interesting...
2018-1-23
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

It has always done this for me, but only for videos. When a video is about 13 minutes long, it makes another one. I think it's nothing to worry about.

Also the approved list means nothing. The DJI GO app is compatible with WAY more devices than the ones cited in that list.
2018-1-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-23 13:59
It has always done this for me, but only for videos. When a video is about 13 minutes long, it makes another one. I think it's nothing to worry about.

Also the approved list means nothing. The DJI GO app is compatible with WAY more devices than the ones cited in that list.

Eh, splitting the videos isn't a new thing for me.  My Gopros have done that since I got them.  And I understand why the video would split.  But I've never had a flight record split like that.  I was a bit concerned because I saw another post where someone lost their drone over the ocean and the flight record went out and just.... died.  This appeared to just be a hiccup and it decided to start a new record.  Oh well..
2018-1-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

LOL.. I love a good sense of humor in your aircraft naming.  No, not really sweating it.  I've been spoiled by a flawless app and firmware with my bird.  The only thing that I've ever had go wrong was a  couple of flights refused to upload until DJI reset something at home.  I come on here, usually lurk and read some of the stories about flaws and bugs and crashes and run a ways and I am so thankful that mine hasn't had any of those.  I get out, set my drone up, fly it around a park for about 25 minutes per battery, take some pictures, and work up my courage to go out a bit further each time.  I know this is a minor bug, and as long as this is the worst that it gets, I'm happy.  LOL
2018-1-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

LOL.. just don't lose "Poop Chute."  You might need that one.. LOL

And thanks...
2018-1-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Ok..  I think that I figured it out...  I went flying again today and it happened again.  On just one flight.  The ONLY thing in common with yesterday was I was experimenting with Waypoints.  Now, if someone of ya'll has played with waypoints before, do they count toward the log???  I've never experimented with waypoints until yesterday and now that I think about it, it was the same flight that I was trying them out and in the same positions I think.  Could that be the reason??  I've never bothered with them before so today was experimental.  
2018-1-24
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is a known fact that the fat 32 format of the sd card will only record a max video size of 4gb so if the video size is larger than that, it will split the video.
2018-1-24
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

And I have no problem with splitting the video. My initial question was in splitting the flight record, which is a totally different animal than the video.
2018-1-25
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Nope. Total contact. On day 2 when doing the waypoint, I was yawning left and right the entire trip.
2018-1-25
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

It's not that big a deal.  The only thing that I can figure is that when flying a waypoint mission >I< am not the one flying.  I was just curious as to why the log didn't reflect the mileage.  And if this is the ONLY bug that I've ever have with my Mavic, I am thankful.  LOL
2018-1-25
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-1-25 04:37
And I have no problem with splitting the video. My initial question was in splitting the flight record, which is a totally different animal than the video.

Sorry, should have put my glasses on. The only time I have seen the flight record split is with a loss of connection to the app and it can only be momentary and not even register unless you upload the flight to PhantomHelp and it will show it there if that has happened.
2018-1-25
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-25 20:57
Sorry, should have put my glasses on. The only time I have seen the flight record split is with a loss of connection to the app and it can only be momentary and not even register unless you upload the flight to PhantomHelp and it will show it there if that has happened.

Already uploaded to PhantomHelp.  Link in post #1.  Nothing shown.  So apparently, I didn't lose connection.  I'm still feeling like it has something to do with the Waypoint missions that I was experimenting with since the gap between the two logs is where the waypoint started and stopped from.  
2018-1-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-1-26 10:37
Already uploaded to PhantomHelp.  Link in post #1.  Nothing shown.  So apparently, I didn't lose connection.  I'm still feeling like it has something to do with the Waypoint missions that I was experimenting with since the gap between the two logs is where the waypoint started and stopped from.

Well there is a gap of about 9 seconds in those 2 flight records so it's anyone's guess as to what is going on.
2018-1-26
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have played with waypoints in Go4 and lost connection with the craft many times, but, I never had it split a flight record like that.

I did have a short flight segment show up out in the Atlantic ocean once, but, I think it was when I turned the machine on indoors momentarily. I just deleted the record and never gave it too much thought.
2018-1-26
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are you dressed like you’re making a ransom video for the hostages you just captured?
2018-2-24
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-2-24 17:50
Why are you dressed like you’re making a ransom video for the hostages you just captured?

That picture was taken on top of a 65' ZoomBoom, in the End of January and the outside temp was sitting just about Freezing.  I was taking Christmas Lights down out of the top of a 50' Oak Tree.  LOL.  
It ain't DJI, but this is what I was Taking down.. LOL

2018-2-24
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-24 18:38
That picture was taken on top of a 65' ZoomBoom, in the End of January and the outside temp was sitting just about Freezing.  I was taking Christmas Lights down out of the top of a 50' Oak Tree.  LOL.  
It ain't DJI, but this is what I was Taking down.. LOL

That’s awesome.  
2018-2-24
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Thank you... I was quite proud of that one.  1500+ Control channels, 18 trees, bushes and flood lights, all computer controlled from one location, radio operated and all a one man show.  Designed, laid out programmed and installed by me.  I started in August hanging lights and finished just before Thanksgiving.  
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules