Selling used Spark, what to consider
4210 13 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Hello folks,

i just had to admit that i have never been absolute happy with my Spark.
After the new release of the "Mavic Air" i thougt, this is the right time to sell my good old Sparky
and try the experiment to get a new "Mavic Air", before the prices of the second hand Sparkys drop.

Now i wonder, what i have to consider by selling the Spark in terms of privacy.
I know that the Spark keeps record of it´s flights not only in the DJI Go 4 App but also as a so called
"Black box" inside the drone itself.
Do i have to delete this and if, HOW?

Do i have to worry about selling the Spark on ebay that the new owner can cause me some trouble,
when he is maybe doing some illegal actions with that drone i former owned?

I want to be on the safe side all the way!

I appreciate your opionions and help on this topic!

THX

2018-1-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Before the prices of second hand Spark's drop"...  Lol, before?
2018-1-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-23 13:56

Yes, I fear we are the day after tomorrow already
2018-1-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I believe you can only delete the flightrecords on the remote, not the blackbox. But you can write to DJI support and ask about the best procedure. The new owner anyway will have to open a user account with DJI to be able to fly it. From that point onwards I do not see any risk for you getting into trouble if the new owner does something illegal with it.
2018-1-23
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-23 13:56

You sell only the AC not the username and made no mention to the last. This means the new owner will have to register him/herself on DJI webpage and since logging with a new user will have access only to his/her logs.
2018-1-23
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I think the trick is to not give them your phone with the Spark.  Also don't give them your account nickname and password.  When they load their own phone with a new app it will only hvae their info.  Also keep your memory card.
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

More important for me:
Have you ever registered your Spark somewhere?
Tell them, you have sold your drone!
;-)

To the black box: It is limited space on it.
So aside a possible total flights counter, there is a to me/us unknown max flight time for recording option.
As every battery startup.is loging a new  record in the blackbox, one user suggested to start the bird and leave it on without flying it.
For some batteries. To overwrite the 'real' logs.
Keeping it away from GPS would be a good idea for these battery runs.
2018-1-23
Use props
OGarcia666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 972408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would they lower the price of the Spark?  They didn’t release another spark.
2018-1-23
Use props
Dji-ADM-Frank
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257428 ft
Mexico

I wish you luck in the sale
2018-1-23
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

OGarcia666 Posted at 2018-1-23 16:48
Why would they lower the price of the Spark?  They didn’t release another spark.

I think he is implying that there will be a flood of people selling their used sparks once they get their new Mavic Air, and therefore driving the price down on the used market.
2018-1-23
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic Air truly is a fantastic piece of kit, and if I hadn't already bought a Spark, I'd be one of the first in line to pre-order one.

I do love my Spark though, and will keep it for a bit longer before springing for the Mavic Air.
2018-1-23
Use props
BumbleBee45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3960 ft
United States

of course I go out and buy a spark 2 weeks ago, and they come out with the mavic air. Just my luck, but I love my sparky still and will be just fine.
2018-1-23
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Brambleman Posted at 2018-1-23 17:04
I think he is implying that there will be a flood of people selling their used sparks once they get their new Mavic Air, and therefore driving the price down on the used market.

Yes exactly. I noticed a rise of new "used Sparks" on ebay since yesterday
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The flight data on the drone is for data analyzing from our side, it can't be deleted, but it can be overwritten by a new flying even restarting the drone. Other users are not able to access your flight records if you don't share your account with others, no worries. I think you can change the name of the Spark on DJI GO 4 app before selling.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules