1048 8 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have 91 flights with my Inspire - It has been rock solid - only a few video signal losses lately ( after FW uppgrade ).
Today I flied cross the border between Spain & Portugal alongside the border bridge by VRS Antonio. After a few minutes flight and at a distance of abaout 300 meters and hight of abaut 30 meters -  it suddenly disconnected - no Video no Rc controll.
The Inspire did what suspected of it - went home - and landed safe and sound.

Could it be something with crossing a border between the countries ?
When home I should check the flightlog - but this particular flight is missing from my log .........

I did fly again a second time alongside the bridge - but very carefully - and everything went realy fine.
2015-4-24
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Who knows, but to be honest, I am sure it differs from country to country but is it wise to cross international borders with a drone?  Yeah I think its not a big deal but im sure some government officials might not be so kind to the thought of this.
2015-4-24
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-4-25 03:56
Who knows, but to be honest, I am sure it differs from country to country but is it wise to cross in ...

No I am not sure it is wise .......
I do not feel like a big criminal but I likely will not do it again - it was at the moment just to tempting getting videos of that nice bridge.
2015-4-24
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Was this the bug when the RC shuts down or was it still running?
2015-4-24
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

w1der Posted at 2015-4-25 04:35
Was this the bug when the RC shuts down or was it still running?

Oho - sorry I did not think about that....
Stupid of me not to notice that - It can actually be that the RC shut down.

As you for sure knows now - I was a bit scared - and did not noticed what i should...
2015-4-24
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Not wise to say too much on a forum either. Maybe edit the post and do it soon  ;)
2015-4-24
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-25 06:15
Not wise to say too much on a forum either. Maybe edit the post and do it soon  ;)

Well I did fly within sight and over water and could not hurt anything or anybody - between two very friendly countries with an open border.
I do no know where the border goes in that river so I might or might not have crossed it.
2015-4-24
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Already posted this on another thread, but maybe someone knows more about it here.

I am not sure if this is firmware related or App bug, but today it happened for the first time.
In mid flight, Pilot app changed its status from ''safe to fly gps'' to ''disconnected'' and I lost the video signal from the camera.
Funny the way it is, Inspire was still controllable from the remote, like nothing happened, so I managed to get it close to me , for a safe langing, from above 25-30 meters.  While I was preparing to land, after around 10 seconds Inspire reconnected with the app, changed its status in ''safe to fly gps'' and I was able to continue my flight.

Did anyone else experienced this ?
Inspire, controller and battery were running on latest firmware 1.2.1.0, iOS app 1.0.3 running on iPad Air 2.
2015-4-25
Use props
c1v1c97
New

United States

mani Posted at 2015-4-26 03:55
Already posted this on another thread, but maybe someone knows more about it here.

I am not sure if ...

I had the same exact problem. Did we ever find an answer? I'm afraid to fly past 400m now =\

I used a Ipad Mini 2 but otherwise same setup, newest firmware
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules