Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark lost link with controller, can't relink or reset
12Next >
8120 53 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

I was flying my Spark today and switched to a new battery that I had just purchased and charged overnight and when I turned on the Spark with the new battery, it wouldn't connect to the controller. When I open the app and click "Enter Device" it says I have to either "Activate the Aircraft", "Connect to the Aircraft's Wi-Fi" or "Enter Camera View".

When I try to "Activate the Aircraft" it won't scan the QR code because it has been worn off slightly. When I click "Can't read the QR code" it says to connect to the Aircraft's wifi to try activating that way.

So when I try to the "Connect to the Aircraft's Wi-Fi" option and select "Aircraft Combo" I get through the steps until the last step where it says to hold the power button on the Spark down for 3 seconds until I hear a beep and then click the "Link" button in the app. Unfortunately, when I hold down the power button on the Spark nothing happens. I tried holding it for 3 seconds, 6 seconds, and 9 seconds, all of which did nothing. When I click the "Link" button in the app, the controller starts beeping and the app counts down from 60 and nothing happens.

When I got home I charged up the original battery and restarted the drone and it still is unlinked even with that battery.

I then tried downloading the DJI Assistant app and connecting the Spark to my Macbook but it doesn't show up in the app. Yes, I turned on the Spark first and restarted my Mac after installing the app. No luck.

So it seems that my Spark is stuck unlinked and I can't reset it to relink it or connect to it via Wi-Fi directly from the phone or through the computer.

Is there anything else I can do to reset it and try linking it to the controller again from scratch?
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I can think of that the battery firmware is not up2date.
Check with DJi assistant 2, perhaps
Ok, sorry, you tried that.
How is that going with the other batteries?

2018-1-23
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-23 19:44
I can think of that the battery firmware is not up2date.
Check with DJi assistant 2, perhaps
Ok, sorry, you tried that.

No luck with any of the batteries (I have 3). After lots of research it seems that the main issue I'm facing is that holding down the power button on the drone isn't resetting anything. I never get a beep, not after 3 seconds, 6 seconds, or 9 seconds. All three durations are supposed to do something different but nothing happens for me.

Is there any other way I can try to connect to my drone? I have no idea why it won't show up in the Assistant app on my Macbook.
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Are the batteries turning on?
2018-1-23
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-23 19:59
Are the batteries turning on?

Yes. The drone turns on with all 3 batteries. The power button works to turn it on and off. But pressing and holding the power button to activate linking mode (3 seconds) or reset the wifi (6 seconds), or do a factory reset (9 seconds) does nothing.
Is there any other way to connect to the drone to reset it?
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Not that I know, sorry.
You may have to try to contact a mod/admin or the DJI support direct
2018-1-23
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-23 20:08
Not that I know, sorry.
You may have to try to contact a mod/admin or the DJI support direct

No worries, thanks anyway. I'm sending DJI support an email now.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, may I know which mobile device do you use? What's the color status of the aircraft and RC? Could you upload a short video for better assistance? Thanks so much!
2018-1-26
Use props
a4dev
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same problem.   I normally fly the spark using the RC without problems.   But on my most recent outing I could not fly because there was no link between RC and aircraft.  With aircraft and RC both switched on I have fast yellow flashing status lamps on the aircraft and red indicator on the RC.

If I press and hold the battery function button for 3s to enter linking mode, there is no effect and no beep is heard. Similarly pressing for 6s or 9s has no effect.   If I initiate
linking from RC or from the DJI Go App it fails.

I can connect the aircraft to the DJI Assistant.   I used this to bring the aircraft firmware up to date and reset to factory settings.  This has not fixed the problem.
Any ideas?

2018-1-28
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 23:53
Hello there, may I know which mobile device do you use? What's the color status of the aircraft and RC? Could you upload a short video for better assistance? Thanks so much!

Hi Susan, thank you for your help. I am using an iphone 6s running ios 11.3. It has been working flawlessly until I bought 2 new batteries. This issue started as soon as I tried to use one of the new batteries and I can't resolve it by simply switching back to the old battery. The drone seems to be permanently stuck unlinked from the controller and unable to reset. I also can't connect it to the DJI Assistant app to reset it from there.

When I turn on the drone the front rotor LEDs are solid red and the back rotor LEDs are flashing yellow. When I press and hold the power button to attempt to link the drone to the controller, nothing happens. The power button LEDs flash once per second while holding the button but there is no beep at 3 seconds, 6 seconds or 9 seconds.

I will upload a video shortly of me showing all these steps.
2018-2-1
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

a4dev Posted at 2018-1-28 22:52
I have the same problem.   I normally fly the spark using the RC without problems.   But on my most recent outing I could not fly because there was no link between RC and aircraft.  With aircraft and RC both switched on I have fast yellow flashing status lamps on the aircraft and red indicator on the RC.

If I press and hold the battery function button for 3s to enter linking mode, there is no effect and no beep is heard. Similarly pressing for 6s or 9s has no effect.   If I initiate

How did you get the DJI Assistant app to work? My drone never shows up in the app.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-1 08:51
How did you get the DJI Assistant app to work? My drone never shows up in the app.

PC or Mac? On PC, USB drivers are sometimes known to cause some issues. And without properly installed USB drivers it's a no-go for Assistant.
2018-2-1
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 08:58
PC or Mac? On PC, USB drivers are sometimes known to cause some issues. And without properly installed USB drivers it's a no-go for Assistant.

I'm on OSX 10.13.4. I installed the HoRNDIS driver that came with the Assistant package from DJI and when that didn't work I tried installing the driver directly from the HoRNDIS website but that didn't work either. Anything else I might be able to try to get my drone to connect to the Assistant app on OSX?
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-1 09:02
I'm on OSX 10.13.4. I installed the HoRNDIS driver that came with the Assistant package from DJI and when that didn't work I tried installing the driver directly from the HoRNDIS website but that didn't work either. Anything else I might be able to try to get my drone to connect to the Assistant app on OSX?

Nothing that I can think of right now.
I know it's not popular with Mac users, but maybe to try with PC somewhere?
2018-2-1
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 09:05
Nothing that I can think of right now.
I know it's not popular with Mac users, but maybe to try with PC somewhere?

Haha if only I knew someone with a PC!
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-1 09:07
Haha if only I knew someone with a PC!

Some public library in suspicious part of the town?
2018-2-1
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 09:10
Some public library in suspicious part of the town?

Lol I don't think public libraries allow you to install software from the internet :p
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-1 09:11
Lol I don't think public libraries allow you to install software from the internet :p

Geee... what went wrong with the world?!  
2018-2-1
Use props
a4dev
lvl.1
Australia

The DJI Assistant was a little finicky.   I run the Assistant; connect the aircraft to my Macbook with the USB cable; then turn on the aircraft, in that order.

A drive appears on the desktop corresponding to the SD card in aircraft and the aircraft appears in the Assistant.

I am running MacOS 10.13.2.   The DJI Assistant installed OK but the third party driver/kernel module did not due to kernel security policies.  I ignored that.

I tried several different firmware versions in the aircraft but none resolved the problem.   

Oddly, the aircraft _does_ respond to the function button while connected to DJI Assistant.  I can link the RC and use DJI Go to look through the aircraft camera.   But as soon as I unplug the USB cable the link is lost.  
2018-2-1
Use props
fans60c517cd
New
Philippines

hi, I have almost the same problem. I had my Spark Flymore Combo linked to an iPhone 6s, that's where I had my RC paired and activated from the start, today I got a new Android phone with a bigger memory, but during the pairing process, I'm stuck to step 3, the NEXT button is not turning blue even when I'm already connected to the RC's wifi. Can I get some help? Thanks
2018-2-1
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Try connecting to the AC directly with the IOS device instead of the RC and see if it can connects.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bloogergan
New
Philippines

fans60c517cd Posted at 2018-2-1 18:37
hi, I have almost the same problem. I had my Spark Flymore Combo linked to an iPhone 6s, that's where I had my RC paired and activated from the start, today I got a new Android phone with a bigger memory, but during the pairing process, I'm stuck to step 3, the NEXT button is not turning blue even when I'm already connected to the RC's wifi. Can I get some help? Thanks

finally got it to move from Step 3, a prompt on my android phone telling me that the wifi connection doesn't have internet connection, I just tapped on it OK, and the NEXT button turned blue and the connection to the remote went on
2018-2-1
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

a4dev Posted at 2018-2-1 18:16
The DJI Assistant was a little finicky.   I run the Assistant; connect the aircraft to my Macbook with the USB cable; then turn on the aircraft, in that order.

A drive appears on the desktop corresponding to the SD card in aircraft and the aircraft appears in the Assistant.

I have attempted to use the Assistant app exactly as you described but it never shows up on my desktop or in the app. You say that the driver didn't install correctly for you but it still works? I was able to install the driver but it doesn't work. Does that mean that I should uninstall the driver and try it without it? That seems odd as my understanding was the driver was the thing that enabled to drone to connect to the computer.
2018-2-2
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-2-1 18:46
Try connecting to the AC directly with the IOS device instead of the RC and see if it can connects.

What does that mean? How do you do that?
2018-2-2
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

The AC can be operated by using the RC or the device of choice. The AC gives out a WIFI signal that can can be found underneath the battery slot or the poly case for the password.
Search the AC WIFI from the device and connect to it. Use DJI Go 4 app to operate the AC directly from the device.
2018-2-2
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

The drone only gives off a WiFi signal when it is not connected to the controller. Once you connect it to the controller it doesn’t give offf a WiFi signal anymore. In order to connect to the drone via WiFi again you have to reset it with the power button. This is the thing that has not been working for me. I can’t reset the drone with the power button because it doesn’t do anything when I hold the power button down
2018-2-2
Use props
CharlieChartres
New
Flight distance : 22457 ft
Australia

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-2 20:40
The drone only gives off a WiFi signal when it is not connected to the controller. Once you connect it to the controller it doesn’t give offf a WiFi signal anymore. In order to connect to the drone via WiFi again you have to reset it with the power button. This is the thing that has not been working for me. I can’t reset the drone with the power button because it doesn’t do anything when I hold the power button down

Im experiencing exactly the same issues... Please help
2018-2-2
Use props
a4dev
lvl.1
Australia

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-2 08:08
I have attempted to use the Assistant app exactly as you described but it never shows up on my desktop or in the app. You say that the driver didn't install correctly for you but it still works? I was able to install the driver but it doesn't work. Does that mean that I should uninstall the driver and try it without it? That seems odd as my understanding was the driver was the thing that enabled to drone to connect to the computer.

Well. certainly my experience seems to say that the HoRNDIS driver is not needed at least on my version of MacOS.   Anyway, DJI Assistant was no help with the RC linking problem.
2018-2-3
Use props
aaron605
lvl.1
Singapore

Im experiencing the same issue with a brand new drone, i got it to connect once by resetting the  drone using the Assistant 2 app, the next day the drone won't connect to the controller and i cannot see the wifi signal it is giving off. Now the drone won't connect to the assistant 2 app on my PC. I have only flown the drone once since buying it, is this normal? What can i do?
2018-2-3
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

aaron605 Posted at 2018-2-3 21:45
Im experiencing the same issue with a brand new drone, i got it to connect once by resetting the  drone using the Assistant 2 app, the next day the drone won't connect to the controller and i cannot see the wifi signal it is giving off. Now the drone won't connect to the assistant 2 app on my PC. I have only flown the drone once since buying it, is this normal? What can i do?

Try relinking the drone to the remote controller, I find method 2 the easiest

2018-2-3
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In the pairing process, the AC needs to be on before you do the 3 second, 6 second or 9 seconds press.
You can see that they make this point in the linking video, if you don't turn the AC on before the 3 second, 6 second or 9 seconds press all your doing is checking battery levels
2018-2-3
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I have tried it a million times with the drone on. Pressing and holding the power buttons causes the 4 power LEDs to flash once per second. But it never beeps, and it never enters pairing mode or resets.
2018-2-4
Use props
bobradford
lvl.1
United States

It worked for me. With everything powered off, press and hold the battery power button on the drone until it beeps, do not power the drone up first. After it beeps once let go, then hold the home and 2 function buttons until the green light on the controller comes on. Done
2018-2-4
Use props
bobradford
lvl.1
United States

I would imagine you got into the reset mode by pressing the power button too long when installing the battery
2018-2-4
Use props
bobradford
lvl.1
United States

bobradford Posted at 2018-2-4 10:13
It worked for me. With everything powered off, press and hold the battery power button on the drone until it beeps, do not power the drone up first. After it beeps once let go, then hold the home and 2 function buttons until the green light on the controller comes on. Done

Turn on the drone first, turn on the controller, check the status light on the controller is red, hold the battery button till it beeps, press FN, power and c simultaneously until green status light appears on controller
2018-2-4
Use props
bobradford
lvl.1
United States

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-4 09:39
Yes, I have tried it a million times with the drone on. Pressing and holding the power buttons causes the 4 power LEDs to flash once per second. But it never beeps, and it never enters pairing mode or resets.

Turn on the drone first, turn on the controller, check the status light on the controller is red, hold the battery button till it beeps, press FN, power and c simultaneously until green status light appears on controller
2018-2-4
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.3
United Kingdom

it might of had something to do with trying to reactivating the drone, enter camera view is the way to go.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Susan, thank you for your help. I am using an iphone 6s running ios 11.3. It has been working flawlessly until I bought 2 new batteries. This issue started as soon as I tried to use one of the new batteries and I can't resolve it by simply switching back to the old battery. The drone seems to be permanently stuck unlinked from the controller and unable to reset. I also can't connect it to the DJI Assistant app to reset it from there.

When I turn on the drone the front rotor LEDs are solid red and the back rotor LEDs are flashing yellow. When I press and hold the power button to attempt to link the drone to the controller, nothing happens. The power button LEDs flash once per second while holding the button but there is no beep at 3 seconds, 6 seconds or 9 seconds.

Just to verify, have you tried to reset the WiFi of Spark RC? The reset I mentioned here is the RC, instead of aircraft. You can hold the power button for 9 seconds until the RC beeps, then connect it with App again. The factory password is 12341234. If still no luck, please refer my reply in 8# and offer a short video for double check, thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

a4dev Posted at 2018-2-1 18:16
The DJI Assistant was a little finicky.   I run the Assistant; connect the aircraft to my Macbook with the USB cable; then turn on the aircraft, in that order.

A drive appears on the desktop corresponding to the SD card in aircraft and the aircraft appears in the Assistant.

Hello a4dev, could you refer the below and try to export the flight log for analysis? We'd like to look into the exact status.

2018-2-5
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

bobradford Posted at 2018-2-4 10:23
Turn on the drone first, turn on the controller, check the status light on the controller is red, hold the battery button till it beeps, press FN, power and c simultaneously until green status light appears on controller

I have done that a million times. The power button flashes it's LED lights once per second while holding it but never beeps. Not after 3, 6 or 9 seconds.
2018-2-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules