Spark lost link with controller, can't relink or reset
8242 53 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 01:24
Just to verify, have you tried to reset the WiFi of Spark RC? The reset I mentioned here is the RC, instead of aircraft. You can hold the power button for 9 seconds until the RC beeps, then connect it with App again. The factory password is 12341234. If still no luck, please refer my reply in 8# and offer a short video for double check, thanks!

Hi Susan,

I have tried resetting it a million times. Nothing happens when I hold down the power button for 3, 6 or 9 seconds. The LEDs on the power button flash once per second but it never beeps and it never enters linking mode or resets.
2018-2-6
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

fansa6d9d300 Posted at 2018-2-4 10:37
it might of had something to do with trying to reactivating the drone, enter camera view is the way to go.

When I enter camera view it doesn't show anything on the screen. My phone is connected to the controller but the controller is not connected to the drone. That's the problem. I can't connect the controller to the drone or reset the drone so that I can connect directly to it via wifi.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-6 08:38
Hi Susan,

I have tried resetting it a million times. Nothing happens when I hold down the power button for 3, 6 or 9 seconds. The LEDs on the power button flash once per second but it never beeps and it never enters linking mode or resets.

Sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-9
Use props
fanscb978bd2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9498 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. I picked up the Spark today - it wanted to update on my phone which failed 3 times so I tried on my mac, it got stuck at 90% then had the spinning ball on the mac and then the app crashed. Now Assistant wont connect on Mac or PC. I have two solid red lights and flashing yellows, holding the power button on the battery doesnt do anything other than make the 4 leds on the battery flash. So disappointed, spent months savings for this only to fly for 2mins and it now wont work.
2018-2-11
Use props
a4dev
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 01:27
Hello a4dev, could you refer the below and try to export the flight log for analysis? We'd like to look into the exact status.

https://youtu.be/ngEHdAlAh9A

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your reply.  I have just returned to this problem after 2 months.   

I have been unable to download the flight logs using DJI Assistant 2.   That might be a separate issue.

The original problem remains.  I guess I should open a case with support.

Thanks,
Arnold
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

a4dev Posted at 2018-3-17 17:54
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your reply.  I have just returned to this problem after 2 months.   

I'm afraid so. if you encounter any further issue in the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-3-20
Use props
szyrek
lvl.1
Poland

jfredrickson Posted at 2018-2-6 08:39
When I enter camera view it doesn't show anything on the screen. My phone is connected to the controller but the controller is not connected to the drone. That's the problem. I can't connect the controller to the drone or reset the drone so that I can connect directly to it via wifi.

Hello jfredrickson, I have same exact issue as you did back in feb. I hope you were able to get back flying soon. Could you please kindly PM me with support case number, ID or whatever which I could refer back to them? I guess I will have to send it back to DJI for repair too and I'm sure this could help speeding things up a bit on their end, as whatever happened to your bird seems to be same exact thing that now affects mine (at least from all the symptoms mentioned in this thread, they all do exactly match up).

From additional things i noticed (other than everything jfredrickson already said)- it doesn't turn off same way it did before. After normal turn off process it pauses for a moment, blinks last battery led for a few times (for about 2-3 seconds), then signal LEDs on drone go solid red for a moment and THEN it finally turns off.  Also in my case it wasn't completly new battery, I actually already used it and flied on it before. When it happened I just flied on one battery- good flight btw, nothing special certainly no damage- then landed (gently, also nothing special there), swapped battery for a second flight- and since then no linking, no resetting anything (exact behaviour mentioned by jdrefrickson, diodes on battery all just blink continuosly when i press no beeps whatsoever).
2018-5-24
Use props
phillipsbk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-20 04:44
I'm afraid so. if you encounter any further issue in the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.

Susan, I have had this same problem. Has this ever been successfully diagnosed????
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

phillipsbk Posted at 2-9 14:56
Susan, I have had this same problem. Has this ever been successfully diagnosed????

Hi phillipsbk, I'm sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-2-18
Use props
bugalugs22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67684 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 01:21
Hi phillipsbk, I'm sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support

Sorry I havent read the entire thread. But try and completely uninstall the DJI GO app and reinstall it.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bugalugs22 Posted at 2-18 01:29
Sorry I havent read the entire thread. But try and completely uninstall the DJI GO app and reinstall it.

Just to verify, do you refer to the aircraft and controller cannot be linked, right? Have you updated the firmware before? And can the WiFi be searched?
2019-2-19
Use props
phillipsbk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-19 00:24
Just to verify, do you refer to the aircraft and controller cannot be linked, right? Have you updated the firmware before? And can the WiFi be searched?

Yes, EVERYTHING has been updated. This is a fault on the actual product and needs to be owned by DJI and fixed by DJI. If a consumer can't purchase and use a new battery than this drone is bogus.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

phillipsbk Posted at 2-23 19:55
Yes, EVERYTHING has been updated. This is a fault on the actual product and needs to be owned by DJI and fixed by DJI. If a consumer can't purchase and use a new battery than this drone is bogus.

Thanks for the clarification. If the issue persists after linking RC, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-2-24
Use props
Andrespq
lvl.1
Argentina

I have the exact same problem, and I have tried everything it says here, but still can't link the RC. Until now everything worked without problem
2020-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules