New Phantom 4 Firmware Released(v02.00.0700)
39281 74 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

T-R Posted at 2018-1-24 03:02
Hi Susan. Is that the 700er version what was a beta before?  With th he reported errors?
May someone can tell not only the new functions, May it is better to tell what is fixed.
Then owner can decided to install or to roll back.

Hi T-R, as the OP mentioned, the 700 mainly fix the below issues. If you have the similar issue, I'd suggest to try the new one.

1. Optimized aircraft performance to improve stability during flight.
2. Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the camera to restart during video recording.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SHamers Posted at 2018-1-24 03:36
Hi Susan,

I am not using Assistant2 but just update over the RC/DJI go app. But I don’t see the new version?

SHamers, make sure there are solid internet and restart all devices to check again. If still no luck, I'd suggest to connect DJI Assistant 2 to see whether it works.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans46996597 Posted at 2018-1-24 06:45
Hi. I am using your instructions for upgrading the firmware on my DJI Phantom 4. However, when I click on Firmware Update in DJI Assistant 2, it says "Cannot Load Firmware List." The only options it gives me is to Restore Factory Defaults. Which I did but it didn't help. Any ideas?

May I know what's the OS of your PC and what's the current version of the DJI Assistant 2? Make sure the internet is solid and reinstall to see whether it helps. If still no luck, please kindly offer the version and screenshot for better assistance, thanks!
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-24 09:41
Is this update for all Phantom 4s, including the Pro?

This update is only for Phantom 4(the Standard version), does not include the Pro and Advanced, please kindly note.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vincent D Posted at 2018-1-24 11:41
Do the batteries need to be upgraded as well?

Vincent, a message will pop up if the battery need to be upgraded. You can also connect DJI Assistant 2 to refresh.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

STORMIN MORMON Posted at 2018-1-24 19:42
I was using my iPad Air 2 with my P4 for quite some time today and now all of a sudden after the update, my P4 remote will not connect to the DJI Go 4 app. It just constantly says disconnected. I even went as far as restoring the drone, the remote, and the iPad back to factory settings, installed all of the latest updates and its still not working. I have tried multiple cords, but no luck. It works perfectly fine with my iPhone 7 and my wife's iPad Air 2. There seems to be a bit of prejudice going on between my P4 remote and my iPad. I also keep getting a pop up notice on just my ipad while in the DJI app that says "App Not Installed. The accessory "C1" uses an app you do not have installed. Would you like to get it from the App Store?" and then my options are to go to the App Store or Ignore. I click to go to the App Store and nothing happens except it makes the pop up message go away. This thing is making me want to rip my hair out. PLEASE HELP!!!

As 30 mentioned, we've been aware of the issue in IOS 11.2.5 and will fix it soon. Please check this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131074-1-1.html
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Normn8or Posted at 2018-1-25 14:54
Ok on my 6th test fight and have not  been getting the extreme interference warning on the screen but still getting bad video freeze green bars and lost signal. I click where it tells you it is safe to fly and green well in that drop down window it shows radio signal is poor and it stays at poor for long periods of time only flicking to good for a couple of seconds then back to a long stay on poor.  Either the RC Is now more sensitive to Interference or signal strength isn’t as strong as it was when first bought.. something is going on and the update was done with absolutely no problems and hang ups or errors. I just want my drone to operate as it did when it came out of the box. To many updates for no real reasons, the saying is “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.  I wish they would just rewrite the P4 code from scratch instead of moduley trying to fix bits and bytes of bad code in the P4. Just a well rewritten clean program from scratch. I bet a whole lot of time and money and frustration would be saved if this was done.

This is my versions as of right now

Sorry about this. I've replied you in this post here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-131253-1-1.html
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_2i9aay0 Posted at 2018-1-25 18:51
Hey Dji please contact me at deer8x9@gmail.com  i talked to one of your very good support staff today on the phone  ,  he said talk to you guys if his plan didnt work   plus long distance from Saskatchewan Canada  to California    thanks

May I know what's your main issue? It is recommended to send an email to support.us@dji.com for better follow-up.
2018-1-26
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

My results were posted to a user-thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=2#pid1155262
don't want to double-post, so basically = success and stable.
thank you.
2018-1-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 01:35
Punchbuggy, may I know what's the current status? Have you tried to repeat the refresh progress?

Hi DJI Susan. Yes, I tried the next day with the same result - "Update failed" error on transmission. Uninstalled Assistant 2 v1.2.0 and reinstalled and tried again - same result. I note I'm not alone in this either, sadly.
I'd like to do a refresh as the updated P4 is still "twitchy", and I wanted to see if a refresh would iron that out. But Assistant 2 now won't apply the firmware, and I don't think the DJI GO approach would work as I don't recall that it would offer to update as v..700 is already applied. But if DJI GO can do a firmware refresh then I'm happy to be corrected - I normally use Assistant 2.
2018-1-26
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have tried several times with DJI Assistant 2 and it says Update Failed. Tried through DJI Go 4 and it updated successfully. Just need some decent weather now!
2018-1-27
Use props
Mats Dahlvig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83274 ft
Sweden

Hello
i have a problem with Dji Assistant 2, there is no list on availebel firmwere for my Phantom 4.
i am running my pc om win 10 64-bit
2018-1-28
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

I have a P4 standard that I updated to the latest .700 firmware last night and this morning after updating to the latest IOS for my devices I saw the posts about some issues between the latest IOS and the Go app..  I flew this morning but did not see any problems with the connection or flight controls however I did experience some SEVERE video display lagging and choppiness while shooting in 4K video....  after turning off the recording the video feed back to the tablet was as before.  If I cut the vid back to 2.7k or less it restores the smooth live feed.
The latest firmware update seems to strain the CPU of the P4 pretty heavily, at least on mine....  Other than that the only other thing I noticed was on auto taker off the P4 does not rise to the normal 4 ft +/_ but only about 2 ft off the ground.  Not sure if that was planned in the update or not.  It also does not hold altitude as firmly in hover, moves up and down 6 to 8 inches.

Just the things that I've noticed so far with my setup..
2018-1-28
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I loaded this firmware and its working well. Running on iPad 10.5.  Flying steady with usual response to controls. I never experienced errant flight with prior versions as well.  I have experienced two new negative flight characteristics.  1 camera flip 180.  So you appear to fly backward from you intent.  Resolves  with a gimbal adjust from off straight down.  Also getting several warnings that side adjoined off line.  I did have to recalibrate vision sensors as well.  This was a new error I got before the firmware update.  I was hoping the update would cure the vision calibration notice, but no luck.  
2018-1-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BKendrew Posted at 2018-1-28 14:20
I loaded this firmware and its working well. Running on iPad 10.5.  Flying steady with usual response to controls. I never experienced errant flight with prior versions as well.  I have experienced two new negative flight characteristics.  1 camera flip 180.  So you appear to fly backward from you intent.  Resolves  with a gimbal adjust from off straight down.  Also getting several warnings that side adjoined off line.  I did have to recalibrate vision sensors as well.  This was a new error I got before the firmware update.  I was hoping the update would cure the vision calibration notice, but no luck.

I think you posted this in a wrong thread, with the image flip error and sensors calibration it sound like you have a Pro not a P4 standard?
2018-1-29
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Well updates for the Go4 app today has plenty of fixes for the new mavic air but zero fixes for anything else. Thanks DJI.
2018-1-30
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Just a note, I've rolled back my windows 10 to version 1703 and DJI Assistant 2 works perfectly for me. Any newer version of OS seems incompatible.
2018-1-30
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-30 13:41
Just a note, I've rolled back my windows 10 to version 1703 and DJI Assistant 2 works perfectly for me. Any newer version of OS seems incompatible.

I concur, Samsung s8+ is worse then my IPad Air2, but both of them are absolutely unusable.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, regarding the firmware list in DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to reinstall the Assistant from product page again. If the issue still remains, please refer the below and export the log for further analysis. Thanks so much!

Windows: C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/log
2018-1-30
Use props
fans8f0768d9
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-30 18:23
Hi there, regarding the firmware list in DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to reinstall the Assistant from product page again. If the issue still remains, please refer the below and export the log for further analysis. Thanks so much!

Windows: C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log

Hi,

Just wondering if you could help my drone keeps failing on an update and when you connect the remote control to it cant detect a firmware version also it just constantly bleeps when you turn it on?

Thanks,
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8f0768d9 Posted at 2018-2-28 13:32
Hi,

Just wondering if you could help my drone keeps failing on an update and when you connect the remote control to it cant detect a firmware version also it just constantly bleeps when you turn it on?

May I know what's the current version of the aircraft and controller? The beeps may appear if the firmware update failed. Is there any error code?
2018-3-5
Use props
markchristopher1109
lvl.1
Flight distance : 415049 ft
Oman

Greetings everyone.  I just want to ask about this update. As our note march 30. Did the issue on the past firmware update fix by this update? What about the issue I read and watch about wobble unstable flying and lots of live video feedback? Did this new update fix all those problem?
2018-3-30
Use props
RA Foto Studio
lvl.1
France

Hi

I tried many times to do the upgrade for my Phantom 4, to new version V02.00.0700 and i am getting error. The error i get on Assistant 2 and DJI GO 4. I attach the error log file. Thanks

2018_05_07@18_38_51.zip

9.05 KB, Down times: 1

2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

markchristopher1109@gmail.com Posted at 2018-3-30 08:40
Greetings everyone.  I just want to ask about this update. As our note march 30. Did the issue on the past firmware update fix by this update? What about the issue I read and watch about wobble unstable flying and lots of live video feedback? Did this new update fix all those problem?

Sorry for the late response. This firmware will optimize the wobble issue in the flight, please kindly update if you are experiencing similar issue.
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RA Foto Studio Posted at 2018-5-7 07:49
Hi

I tried many times to do the upgrade for my Phantom 4, to new version V02.00.0700 and i am getting error. The error i get on Assistant 2 and DJI GO 4. I attach the error log file. Thanks

Sorry for the troubles. Could you refer the below and export the right upgrade logs? Thanks in advance!

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-5-11
Use props
RA Foto Studio
lvl.1
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 02:09
Sorry for the troubles. Could you refer the below and export the right upgrade logs? Thanks in advance!

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log

hi
sorry for late reply ... i attach the file requested by you ... waiting your investigation response.thanks

2018_05_07@18_42_47_upgrade.zip

80.21 KB, Down times: 4

2018-5-25
Use props
SIABANTEC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200584 ft
Peru

My phantom 4, curren version 01.02.0602. Not updgrade  a v.02.00.0700  - Message:  Update failed...
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RA Foto Studio Posted at 2018-5-25 07:13
hi
sorry for late reply ... i attach the file requested by you ... waiting your investigation response.thanks

Well received, I'll forward to our engineers for review.
2018-5-29
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-29 01:57
Well received, I'll forward to our engineers for review.

I updated my P4 from firmware 01.02.0602 to latest v 02.00.0700 , but found it quite unstable so downgraded to version 2.000.106 and much better.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-5-29 04:09
I updated my P4 from firmware 01.02.0602 to latest v 02.00.0700 , but found it quite unstable so downgraded to version 2.000.106 and much better.

Sorry about this. Would you mind offering more details about the unstable issue? Does it appear on the ground as well as in the air?
2018-6-2
Use props
iceman0074
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138215 ft
Italy

Hello, today I have upgraded my P4 (standard) firmware from version 01.02.xxx to 02.00.700. At the moment seems to work all ok, but after 3 minutes of fly i get "Battery error" at the top left of DJI GO 4 app. I have 3 batterys, the problem is the same with the second battery. I have not test the 3rd battery due a bad weather, but I think is the same. I ask if I have to upgrade the firmware of battery? Any suggestions? Thank you. Marco
2018-8-31
Use props
achamps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83091 ft
Canada

v02.00.0700 Turned my perfectly good phantom 4 in too a paper weight. now i can't us it at all. i am so pis-sed. i have to pay to get it repaired???? if I brake it I would not mind paying. but if someone else break it.....

The gimbal say it is disconnected and the firmware always crash before (abord) before 80%
2018-9-5
Use props
siraly69
lvl.1

Hungary

Now I'm trying again, but windows10 blocks the running of software from DJI ...! Do you know about such a problem?
2019-3-20
Use props
fansc193f7b9
New

Nigeria

How can reset my p4 to factory settings
Thanks
2019-6-20
Use props
Stathi
New

United States

Why does the firmware version listed as currect for the P4P Pro V2 actually say V01 on the firmware version in the assistant 2 software. This is very confusing.
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules