New Phantom4 Firmware Released(v02.00.0700)
19190 201 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7577920
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103593 ft
Poland

What  about panorama mode in P4? Mavic Pro,  P4P dam shot panorama, what about Phantom 4? The firmware  update  it will  be avalible ? I need  to sale old  drone and  buy  New model?
2018-1-26
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2018-1-26 11:00
I've been away too. Can't wait - hopefully this weekend.

I think it's time for one of my - now infamous - drone song renditions...

Great version!!!! LOL. Leonard would like this hobby
2018-1-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2018-1-26 11:00
I've been away too. Can't wait - hopefully this weekend.

I think it's time for one of my - now infamous - drone song renditions...

That's almost poetic, reminded me that it was the bards birthday yesterday (Ooor Rabbie).

Or perhaps the SNL rendition of Hallelujah they did fairly recently :-) (search youtube).
2018-1-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Had a chance to try out v..700 finally. Flys as good as the earlier v.600 beta and that's good enough for me. However:

On hover 1.5 m off ground it still "twitches" - I'll redo the VPS calibration and check again.
Rapid descent will make it twitch also - I assume this is the VPS trying to manage stability with the fast change in altitude.
Normal P-mode flight is slooooooow!
RTH returns it 1.5 m off home point, and then it won't land as it recognises that the take-off point has changed. I noted this on the earlier beta too.
2018-1-26
Use props
Dave123Dave
lvl.1
Australia

I had most of the reported problems with the previous Fw update, it was so bad the drone was useless in any HD filming or photo operation, thanks again to the guys that posted the links and instructions to downgrade to the previous stable firmware as the option to downgrade by assistant had disappeared , Since downgrading from the problem FW upgrade I have been flying on the previous stable FW with no issues and just ignored the upgrade option, I still have the fw downgrade option so armed with that option I downloaded 0700 , so far so good none of the erratic flight, it’s still nice and stable in flight or hover and HD filming has none of the glitches I saw in the previous FW, ,I’m posting for the benefit of people deciding if they are going to upgrade, personally I may downgrade back to the stable FW again as the “high wind “ warning is back , it’s annoying as it is constantly popping up ,  I need to do more test flights as live transmission is not as constant and uninterrupted (screen freezes briefly , lines appear briefly ) but there may be some strong signal interference in my area at the moment , I will post an update after I try flying in another location,, my only advice would be that if your P4 is flying ok already I don’t see any features or benefits in the upgrade that are worth the hassle if your unlucky and get any issues after upgrading, I upgraded with DJI assistant (mac), after the restart did gimbal and iMu recalibrate , cheers guys if you do upgrade I hope it’s problem free this time round,
2018-1-27
Use props
Dave123Dave
lvl.1
Australia

usarfireman Posted at 2018-1-25 02:40
Well I'll give it another month or two, and keep an eye on the forum  then decide to update or not, as we have seen on quite a few threads some P4's have had no trouble with previous updates while some like mine were bricked till I rolled back to previous stable firmware. Hopefully DJI will continue to improve there updates unlike the July one.

G,day mate my p4 was also one that was badly effected last time, i only upgraded to  0700 today as I still have the FW downgrade files that I used to downgrade to the last stable fw, I used the exact same upgrade process for 0700 that I used last time,  dji assistant Mac, restart after update, recalibrate iMu and gimbal, and no problems on 0700 yet but I did have to delete and reinstall assistant before upgrading as it wasn’t showing the firmware, I am having some live transmission freeze but it’s brief and could be signal interference, I need to do more test flights to be sure, and that annoying high wind warning is back and constantly popping up , personally if I can’t work out how to get rid of the constantly appearing high wind warning I’m downgrading back I don’t see any features for me personally that are worth that annoying high wind warning
2018-1-27
Use props
Dave123Dave
lvl.1
Australia

wangrincreation Posted at 2018-1-25 14:44
FW 0700 installed without problem on MacOS!

Me also Mac , I am getting live transmission freezes , really brief and could be local signal interference , are you getting any screen freeze.
2018-1-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dave123Dave Posted at 2018-1-27 01:46
G,day mate my p4 was also one that was badly effected last time, i only upgraded to  0700 today as I still have the FW downgrade files that I used to downgrade to the last stable fw, I used the exact same upgrade process for 0700 that I used last time,  dji assistant Mac, restart after update, recalibrate iMu and gimbal, and no problems on 0700 yet but I did have to delete and reinstall assistant before upgrading as it wasn’t showing the firmware, I am having some live transmission freeze but it’s brief and could be signal interference, I need to do more test flights to be sure, and that annoying high wind warning is back and constantly popping up , personally if I can’t work out how to get rid of the constantly appearing high wind warning I’m downgrading back I don’t see any features for me personally that are worth that annoying high wind warning

You have upgraded the RC as well ? It needs to be at V1.9.3 for the V02.00.0700 to work. If you'd rolled back to earlier official release (prior to 02.00.0106) then you would've had to roll back RC as well. Make sure you are NOT running DJI Go 4 V4.1.18, which did not recognise and update RC firmware via the 'Aircraft Status' dropdown, V4.1.22 is latest build which should work OK in that respect.

Edit:- If the RC needs updating, try the following:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 (V4.1.20 and above) and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). when it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

2018-1-27
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-27 03:24
You have upgraded the RC as well ? It needs to be at V1.9.3 for the V02.00.0700 to work. If you'd rolled back to earlier official release (prior to 02.00.0106) then you would've had to roll back RC as well. Make sure you are NOT running DJI Go 4 V4.1.18, which did not recognise and update RC firmware via the 'Aircraft Status' dropdown, V4.1.22 is latest build which should work OK in that respect.

Same here with signal interference, also it twitches while desending
2018-1-27
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

Does .700 still have  the Sport Mode warning window that covers the entire screen ??
2018-1-27
Use props
Dave123Dave
lvl.1
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-27 03:24

Thanks mate but all good on the RC updated and current at the same time as 0700 P4 FW upgrade,
2018-1-27
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I had a couple of Litchi missions to run so I ran them this morning then did the upgrade via assistant 2. Worked flawlessly no problems doing via a MacBook Pro. Reran the missions and there is absolutely no difference to be seen in terms of flying. I then did a straight run out and RTH 3Km with no loss of signal perfectly clear RC video and no problems with quality pressed RTH and it came back with no problems and landed within a 1M of takeoff. So it seems OK.
2018-1-27
Use props
Deg43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692595 ft
United States

Just flew two batteries and this new version worked perfect.  4k at 25fps worked.  All flight modes are good.
2018-1-27
Use props
Mugrunty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-26 20:58
Had a chance to try out v..700 finally. Flys as good as the earlier v.600 beta and that's good enough for me. However:

On hover 1.5 m off ground it still "twitches" - I'll redo the VPS calibration and check again.

Yep, I'd agree with this. I just upgraded from the v.600 beta, and it seems to behave the same.  It "twitches" in hover if there is a breeze, and can wobble a bit when descending (especially in sports mode with a wind).  I have a feeling that it'll behave this way forever, unless we roll it back to before this instability mess started.  But for now, I'll keep my machine on v.700.
2018-1-27
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

After common problem with 02.00.0106 firmware solved i was able to update to BETA 0.700 version and today i`v refreshed it in with an Assistant 2 and everything looks good for indoor conditions - still wait for the first flight but i`m not afraid anyway. Big trust for DJI.

Pictures after 0.700 refresh (official date 24.01)

2018-1-27
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

roovair Posted at 2018-1-27 14:45
After common problem with 02.00.0106 firmware solved i was able to update to BETA 0.700 version and today i`v refreshed it in with an Assistant 2 and everything looks good for indoor conditions - still wait for the first flight but i`m not afraid anyway. Big trust for DJI.

Pictures after 0.700 refresh (official date 24.01)

what kind of system are you using (android or ios)?
I use Android and in APP Go 4 (version 4.2.4) I do not see the option
-select channel
-image transmission code rate
2018-1-28
Use props
Dave123Dave
lvl.1
Australia

more test flights today, all systems good, only a couple of screen freezes and only for a second or two, strong clear signal and live transmision no interference, good luck guys i hope your upgrade (if you do it) is problem free.
2018-1-28
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

P4Mano Posted at 2018-1-28 01:00
-select channel

Perhaps you are in Europe. We do not have the optios of manually choosing rhe channel
2018-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2018-1-28 03:43
Perhaps you are in Europe. We do not have the optios of manually choosing rhe channel

There is a way round that if you change the location on your device to USA, that opens the option of manually selecting a channel. But I would stick with auto select, it does what it's supposed to do. If you were on a fixed channel and you hit interference on that then you might get stuck at a critical moment.
2018-1-28
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-28 04:01
There is a way round that if you change the location on your device to USA, that opens the option of manually selecting a channel. But I would stick with auto select, it does what it's supposed to do. If you were on a fixed channel and you hit interference on that then you might get stuck at a critical moment.

I agree, I have never missed the manual option, I had bad experiences choosing manually the channel with other drones in the past. I only wanted to give him a response.
2018-1-28
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

Pareja IV Posted at 2018-1-28 04:40
I agree, I have never missed the manual option, I had bad experiences choosing manually the channel with other drones in the past. I only wanted to give him a response.

but the option (image transmission code rate) looks interesting
2018-1-28
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
United Kingdom

P4Mano Posted at 2018-1-28 01:00
-select channel

I`m using Android with Go4 app on my both displays (Huawei P10 & Huawei Mediapad m3) and sometimes i can`t see options about selecting channel as well as you - honestly i don`t know what it depends of.

Summarizing everything looks good with the new firmware but i still cannot test it outdoors because of weather..

And also i`ve noticed some problems with screen (map window moved) on my Mediapad m3 tablet. After reinstall Go4 app it looks better but still not as should be. There is no such a problem on my phone screen.

look on bottom map frame..

look on bottom map frame..

after reinstall app

after reinstall app

2018-1-28
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

roovair Posted at 2018-1-28 05:40
I`m using Android with Go4 app on my both displays (Huawei P10 & Huawei Mediapad m3) and sometimes i can`t see options about selecting channel as well as you - honestly i don`t know what it depends of.

It's true, sometimes the options appear, sometimes not! I usually use an LG G3
I'm pretty happy with the new firmware!
I just flew about 30/40 minutes (two batteries) and everything was perfect! (at least with me)
I do not know if it's too early to say but I think this time DJI got it right with this new firmware!
2018-1-28
Use props
filippog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

All right well. I have updated the firmware from ... 0602 to ... 700 with some difficulties brilliantly resolved. It works everything and during the test there was strong wind (6.0 m / s) that was signaled on the tablet but it was flying well against the wind. Good photos and filming. As soon as possible I want in good weather to prevent other features.
Finally Dji managed to give us a stable version.
2018-1-28
Use props
Clenet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112995 ft
United States

I just downloaded the new firmware and now my sport mode doesn't work. The drone flies at the same speed in P and S.
2018-1-28
Use props
THE PHANTOM 4 O
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602215 ft
  • >>>
United States

First time having problems with loading firmware on any of our three DJI Drones.  Went to fly today without knowing about the recent firmware update recently released (Jan 2018).  Could not get the Phantom 4 controller to connect with the Phantom 4.  Had to go to desktop Mac to open DJI Assistant 2 for firmware update.  However, after the download completed (about 10 times), a yellow "Update Failed.  Upload Error Log." message occured at the end of the download.  

Finally had success by using a iPhone 7 Plus that still had iOS 11.1.2.  Went smooth.  The problem must be something with he updated iOS 11.2.5 not allowing the controller to see the Phantom 4.  Have not had a chance to see how the Phantom 4 performs in the air.  Hope to do so when weather cooperates in Northern Ohio.
2018-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

THE PHANTOM 4 O Posted at 2018-1-28 14:32
First time having problems with loading firmware on any of our three DJI Drones.  Went to fly today without knowing about the recent firmware update recently released (Jan 2018).  Could not get the Phantom 4 controller to connect with the Phantom 4.  Had to go to desktop Mac to open DJI Assistant 2 for firmware update.  However, after the download completed (about 10 times), a yellow "Update Failed.  Upload Error Log." message occured at the end of the download.  

Finally had success by using a iPhone 7 Plus that still had iOS 11.1.2.  Went smooth.  The problem must be something with he updated iOS 11.2.5 not allowing the controller to see the Phantom 4.  Have not had a chance to see how the Phantom 4 performs in the air.  Hope to do so when weather cooperates in Northern Ohio.

It could be this is the Problem
2018-1-28
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated from .102 firmware after waiting for this release.  Luckily, I saw the issues of last firmware and decided not to chance the upgrade.  With .700 firmware I decided to go ahead and upgrade.  

Upgrading was not without some issues.  I upgraded using WiFi connection through latest version of DJI Go 4 from my Samsung Galaxy S8 to download firmware packet while connected to my RC.  After downloading, it prompted USB connection from my Samsung Galaxy S8 to my Phantom 4.  I unplugged my Galaxy S8 from my RC, connected it to the USB cable for the Phantom 4 firmware upgrade and download of firmware began.  Upgrading to 99% the upgrade stopped with a prompt to disconnect cables and restart aircraft if update failed.  Refusing to do this for fear of losing update, I continued to disconnect/reconnect cable.  Finally, I shutdown and restarted both Phantom 4 and RC.  Upon reboot, "Firmware Update" In my DJI Go 4 app re-appeared and I selected it and began update process again.  This time, the DJI Go 4 app immediately prompted me that It was updating RC firmware.   After doing so, RC restarted and said it had battery failure and no connection.  This required a shutdown and restart of both RC and Phantom 4.  Opening re-opening DJI GO 4 the RC was working properly with full battery indicated and connected to Phantom 4.  However, checking "About menu" in DJI GO 4 showed no firmware for the Phantom 4, just a spinning wheel, but, the RC upgrade to 1.9.3 was listed correctly.  I disconnected my Samsung Galaxy S8 from the RC and plugged it directly back into my Phantom 4 and forced another "update" through DJI Go 4.  It only took a moment to say "finished".  I restarted RC, Phantom 4 and DJI Go 4.  Upon reconnecting the .700 firmware showed up correctly in the "About" menu of DJI Go 4.  I recalibrated my IMUs and Compass.  Recalibrated my camera gimbal and updated my old Android 5 tablet to latest version of DJI Go 4.  

I flew my fresh .700 firmware Phantom 4 today.  On first battery the camera unexplainably just fell limp on start up and connection.  I shut down the Phantom 4 and restarted.  The camera calibrated on startup and functioned perfectly thereafter.  No idea why it would do that, but, it seemed to be a upgrade anomaly.  First flight was rough due to video lag and connection issues.  Using a older Android 5.0 tablet that worked flawlessly at the introduction of the Phantom 4 using DJI Go flight app.  However, control of craft seemed as before, which is to say exceptional.  I landed and changed battery.  

Second battery I also changed to my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone on Android 7.0.  Changed everything bad about the first battery flight characteristics.   Suddenly video transmission is flawless and long range connection is beyond my better discretion after a fresh firmware upgrade.  I flew over 5200 feet and turned around with inclement weather.  No video transmission or RC connection issues or warnings.  Sport mode and GPS seemed normal in terms of speed.  Very windy day at altitude flying mostly in a crosswind.  Definitely recommend that anyone having transmission issues first check that your running latest DJI Go 4 on a later model Android version with strong processer and RAM in the device.  

Third battery I flew again out beyond 5200 feet and came in to test Smart Modes.  Phantom 4 was very responsive, stable and inspired confidence.  In fact, I've become very confident in my Phantom 4 but have also learned to fear the firmware upgrade until I regain confidence again.  The one thing I found very different is the "wind warning" is constatly on.  It was windy, but, I've flown my Phantom 4 in similar conditions without a almost "always on" wind warning.

So my experience is that the upgrade was alittle unorthodox but successful using the DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung Galaxy S8 and WiFi connection.  Actual flight had a strange camera "limp" gimbal issue that was cured on shutdown and restart of the Phantom 4.  DJI Go 4 and older Android 5.0 device don't jive well together and cause a loss of flight control and Pilot confidence.  Changing out and using a later model Android 7.0 device with better processer and RAM cured flight control issues and provided a confident and reliable flight on two batteries.  Very stable flight, and for me, no change from the flight characteristics of my Phantom prior to upgrade.

2018-1-28
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

Hi, I did the firmware upgrade.

The flight was fine, but it did not do the RTH correctly.

I lost signal and the p4 disconnected.

I assumed the RTH will kick in.

It was sellected on the DJI Go 4 App that it should RTH on loss of signal, but it didn't.

I had to walk around to until I could reconnect to the p4. Then I saw that it was just hovering. So I took control again.

I tried it twice and twice it just kept on hovering in one place.

I will have to test again, but it is concerning.

Did anyone else see something similar?
2018-1-29
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
South Africa

The DJI go 4 App also did not get any flight records from the flight.
2018-1-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reghardt Posted at 2018-1-29 01:27
Hi, I did the firmware upgrade.

The flight was fine, but it did not do the RTH correctly.

When you lost signal, could that have been just the live view signal that was missing ? For RTH to engage the control signal (separate from video signal) needs to be off for three seconds. You may just have lost the video feed, in which case the aircraft would still have been under your control. If you had not been operating the control sticks then it would just hover awaiting command :-)
2018-1-29
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
South Africa

No, the app showed that the aircraft is disconnected.
2018-1-29
Use props
THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-28 15:32
It could be this is the Problem

Aardvark.........Thanks for the help!!!
2018-1-29
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Clenet Posted at 2018-1-28 13:32
I just downloaded the new firmware and now my sport mode doesn't work. The drone flies at the same speed in P and S.

It works sportsmode and RTH very well!
2018-1-29
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

It is working well, but sometimes I realized that there is a motor vibration. When the bird is the ground it’s easy to ser. I am afraid shell crack.
2018-1-29
Use props
JetBlk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336965 ft
United States

How is the horizon on the latest firmware?
2018-1-29
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2018-1-29 11:10
It is working well, but sometimes I realized that there is a motor vibration. When the bird is the ground it’s easy to ser. I am afraid shell crack.

There is definitely a motor vibration,. I  changed the yaw setting from 100% to 80!% in the gain settings. Now it's not as bad but it's still there
2018-1-29
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hmmm today`s problem on 0.700 with Fly Safe update.. On my 2 display devices and Assistant2..

IMG_20180129_201452.jpg IMG_20180129_201504.jpg IMG_20180129_202104.jpg
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-25 02:24
A log of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbkwyc ... 03_upgrade.log?dl=0
Assistant 2 v1.2.0 on Win 10 64 bit PC.

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for further review.
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 19:26
Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for further review.

Thanks. I note that Assistant 2 v1.2.2 is now available. I'll test with that version to see if the issue I had with v1.1.8 and v1.2.0 still exists.

But can I confirm, DJI Susan - you're typically after the relevant file in \upgrade_logs, and not \logs. The reason I ask is that files in the first are encoded, whereas files in the second are in plain text.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules