New Phantom4 Firmware Released(v02.00.0700)
19183 201 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-24 07:23
We need more pioneers to bravely go where no man has gone before.

As in 'Space, the final front ear' ?
2018-1-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One is currently on beta .301 and since being on that my distance has been the best its ever been, maxed at 2.6km (CE) i am therefore quite reluctant to upgrade but i feel i cannot hold my self back from the update button much longer, its me, its not you, i just cannot help myself
2018-1-24
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Update perfectly via Assistant 2 ver 1.2.0 with my MacBook. Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow and I'll be able to check it out.
2018-1-24
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 685374 ft
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2018-1-24 21:58
Update perfectly via Assistant 2 ver 1.2.0 with my MacBook. Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow and I'll be able to check it out.

Updated using IPad . Assistant 2 wouldn’t  work. Updated 3 batteries. Will fly tomorrow using crystal sky.   Let’s see what happens.
2018-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

guardcim23 Posted at 2018-1-24 22:07
Updated using IPad . Assistant 2 wouldn’t  work. Updated 3 batteries. Will fly tomorrow using crystal sky.   Let’s see what happens.

Hi. Did you have the same problem with Ass2 reported elsewhere - after downloading and starting to transmit the file to the P4, Ass2 returns an "Update Failed: Upload Error Log" message?
2018-1-24
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.3
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 22:42
Hi. Did you have the same problem with Ass2 reported elsewhere - after downloading and starting to transmit the file to the P4, Ass2 returns an "Update Failed: Upload Error Log" message?

Yes iPad worked the 1st time
2018-1-24
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Well I did the update late last night and flew 3 test flights today all seemed well with the exception of loss of signal. It happened basically in the same place about a half a mile away so for the moment I’m going to chalk it up to extreme RF Interference in that certain area at the moment. The RTH kicked in and I gained connection after about 15 seconds of it flying back home and was able to take back over the flight. But in that loss of signal I lost both the video signal and the aircraft control signal both dropped to zero absolutely no signal but like I said after about 15 seconds of flying back in RTH I regained control and kept flying so I flew the opposite direction of my house and probably came close to a mile out and didn’t want to press my luck any further and brought it back above my house and flew the neighborhood till a 30% battery warning  and drought it in. The only thing I have to blame the complete loss of signal is the area it was above which had stores, ,banks, and gas stations all with wi-Fi burglar alarms and large transformers so for right now like I said I’m going to blame that incident on the area. Where it was at. oh and I was only at 200 feet not 400 feet which also probably played a factor. Going to try and take it to wide open farm land tomorrow and go for some distance tests and test some flight modes to. But for now I’m happy I’m back in the air instead of filming the house walls wallpaper for nearly 8 months.
2018-1-24
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

I think everyone who is having problems with DJI Assistant 2 is using
windows 10 (64 bits)
version 1709 (16299.192)
I was having the same problem I could not upgrade with DJI Assistant 2
after trying several things I remembered to use a PC that I have with windows 10 (32 bits) and it worked
maybe this solution can help somebody else !
2018-1-25
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

No issues here updating with PC , Windows 10 (64 bits)and DJI Assistant2 (12-29-2017 version). I had an already known Assistant2 issue while calibrating VPS sensors, solved unistalling and reinstalling again DJI Assistant2. Waiting for some free time to do a flight test. I was very happy with Beta firmware .0600, but I always crash against the same stone.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-24 07:19
And yet another software mess?

After getting into Assistant 2, I select the new update firmware and then immediately get a red circle with the red line through it (Nothing else in Assistant 2 is selectable other than to close it down.) and the following message:

Hey there, does the same issue appear if upgrade via DJI GO 4 App? If still no luck, please kindly offer the screenshot of failed message and export the upgrade log for further analysis, thanks in advance!

Assisstant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-1-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 02:11
Hey there, does the same issue appear if upgrade via DJI GO 4 App? If still no luck, please kindly offer the screenshot of failed message and export the upgrade log for further analysis, thanks in advance!

Assisstant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log

A log of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbkwyc ... 03_upgrade.log?dl=0
Assistant 2 v1.2.0 on Win 10 64 bit PC.
2018-1-25
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Well I'll give it another month or two, and keep an eye on the forum  then decide to update or not, as we have seen on quite a few threads some P4's have had no trouble with previous updates while some like mine were bricked till I rolled back to previous stable firmware. Hopefully DJI will continue to improve there updates unlike the July one.
2018-1-25
Use props
Breezeblock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38586 ft
United Kingdom

usarfireman Posted at 2018-1-25 02:40
Well I'll give it another month or two, and keep an eye on the forum  then decide to update or not, as we have seen on quite a few threads some P4's have had no trouble with previous updates while some like mine were bricked till I rolled back to previous stable firmware. Hopefully DJI will continue to improve there updates unlike the July one.

My dilemma precisely.  P4 with Android djiGO4 4.1.0 / firmware 02.00.0106 RC 1.9.3 has been functioning properly without problems widely reported by many others for last 6 months.  

Should I or should I not upgrade to GO4  4.1.22 and a/c firmware to 02.00.0700?

Hoping for feedback from anyone else in similar position.

Breezeblock
2018-1-25
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

I installed the new version of the firmware with assistant 2 without problems (on mac). The drone flies again with stability and softness.
It is just a problem of video return sometimes cut by a green screen. I use a minipad 2. I read on the forum settings to optimize the operation of the Ipad mini but I can not find where.
The video on the card is good, and everything is finally functional despite this little problem of green video that I did not have before July.
2018-1-25
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 22:42

Hello PB, I have the same problem with Ass 2, will try the GO App.
2018-1-25
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fans0fce35f1 Posted at 2018-1-25 03:45
I installed the new version of the firmware with assistant 2 without problems (on mac). The drone flies again with stability and softness.
It is just a problem of video return sometimes cut by a green screen. I use a minipad 2. I read on the forum settings to optimize the operation of the Ipad mini but I can not find where.
The video on the card is good, and everything is finally functional despite this little problem of green video that I did not have before July.

I had the same problem till I turned off Video Cache in the DJI Go 4 when flying with my iPad mini 4. It uses to heat a lot the iPad and causes video streaming problems
2018-1-25
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Live Long and Hover.
2018-1-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 02:11

Susan, it did work with the newest GO 4 app through iOS my iPad Air with iOS 112.2.  I also could complete the VPS calibration with Assistant 2 ver. 1.2.0 using Windows 10 as well.  Using GO 4 and the iPad it installed without a hiccup (Fwiw, used to be other way around where iPad didn't work and Windows using Assistant 2 did.).

Trying to do the firmware  using Windows 10 was a no-go here once past the download stage where it threw up the Update Error and Log issue.
2018-1-25
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

F.KOK Posted at 2018-1-25 04:33
Hello PB, I have the same problem with Ass 2, will try the GO App.

Firmware .0700 installed without a problem with the GO App.
2018-1-25
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.3
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2018-1-25 07:30

Just tested with 3 batteries. Got high wind warning but it was cloudy and had a breeze. No issues. Had no interference from power lines at 100 feet above. Hovering was steady even with light wind. RTH worked every time. Video work at 4K, 2k and 1080 without a problem.calabrated the gimbal. The herizon was level.  Crystal Sky work well with my P4. Will fly again after my batteries are charged
2018-1-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans0fce35f1 Posted at 2018-1-25 03:45

Hi. That's because the iPad Mini 2 doesn't have the CPU performance capable to managing the video decoding. I don't know of any settings to improve that. Only suggestion is for you to upgrade the iPad or try another app, like Litchi. Litchi ran fine on my old iPad Mini 2 prior to me deciding to move to an Air 2.
You could try Pareja's suggestion - it makes sense. But then, if that solves it, you dont have any flight video stored locally (although you will still have the full video stored on the SD card). I like to have that because when I'm out in the field I like to use Editor to create little "teaser" videos which I can immediately post on FB or whatever.
2018-1-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great to hear, F.KOK! Hopefully at long last we have a prod version we can actually use. Yay!
2018-1-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any test flights as yet, you were still having problems on 02.00.0600, now resolved ?
2018-1-25
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

FW 0700 installed without problem on MacOS!
2018-1-25
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

Hi to all, today tested with 3 batteries, everything went fine, stable fly, no gimbal disconnection, all fly modes tested satisfactory. Happy with my P4.
2018-1-25
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Ok on my 6th test fight and have not  been getting the extreme interference warning on the screen but still getting bad video freeze green bars and lost signal. I click where it tells you it is safe to fly and green well in that drop down window it shows radio signal is poor and it stays at poor for long periods of time only flicking to good for a couple of seconds then back to a long stay on poor.  Either the RC Is now more sensitive to Interference or signal strength isn’t as strong as it was when first bought.. something is going on and the update was done with absolutely no problems and hang ups or errors. I just want my drone to operate as it did when it came out of the box. To many updates for no real reasons, the saying is “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.  I wish they would just rewrite the P4 code from scratch instead of moduley trying to fix bits and bytes of bad code in the P4. Just a well rewritten clean program from scratch. I bet a whole lot of time and money and frustration would be saved if this was done.

This is my versions as of right now
Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0700
Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.4
iPad Air 2   V 11.2.5
2018-1-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2018-1-25 15:08
Ok on my 6th test fight and have not  been getting the extreme interference warning on the screen but still getting bad video freeze green bars and lost signal. I click where it tells you it is safe to fly and green well in that drop down window it shows radio signal is poor and it stays at poor for long periods of time only flicking to good for a couple of seconds then back to a long stay on poor.  Either the RC Is now more sensitive to Interference or signal strength isn’t as strong as it was when first bought.. something is going on and the update was done with absolutely no problems and hang ups or errors. I just want my drone to operate as it did when it came out of the box. To many updates for no real reasons, the saying is “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.  I wish they would just rewrite the P4 code from scratch instead of moduley trying to fix bits and bytes of bad code in the P4. Just a well rewritten clean program from scratch. I bet a whole lot of time and money and frustration would be saved if this was done.

Have a look at this, it may or may not explain your FPV problem:-

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131074-1-1.html
2018-1-25
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Normn8or Posted at 2018-1-25 15:08
Ok on my 6th test fight and have not  been getting the extreme interference warning on the screen but still getting bad video freeze green bars and lost signal. I click where it tells you it is safe to fly and green well in that drop down window it shows radio signal is poor and it stays at poor for long periods of time only flicking to good for a couple of seconds then back to a long stay on poor.  Either the RC Is now more sensitive to Interference or signal strength isn’t as strong as it was when first bought.. something is going on and the update was done with absolutely no problems and hang ups or errors. I just want my drone to operate as it did when it came out of the box. To many updates for no real reasons, the saying is “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.  I wish they would just rewrite the P4 code from scratch instead of moduley trying to fix bits and bytes of bad code in the P4. Just a well rewritten clean program from scratch. I bet a whole lot of time and money and frustration would be saved if this was done.

Iam also getting strong radio interference, tested CS and iPad and the same issue pops up.
2018-1-25
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-25 15:47
Have a look at this, it may or may not explain your FPV problem:-

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131074-1-1.html

Yeah I seen that just within minutes of  THE DJI TEAM posted it. But I have the P4 Standard and I have no HDMI OUT on my remote. Funny thing is I don’t get any interference warnings at all on the flight screen now but in that drop screen it is next to constantly on poor signal only flickering to good for a couple of seconds. I had hope but I think I’m loosing all confidence in any real fix..  patch upon patch isn’t the way to go.  But hey that’s just the way I feel about it. I am now at 7 test flights since the update at 5 different places with 4 different cords. DJI can’t expect us not to update our IPads so their program will work on them when those updates are to fix vulnerabilities that protect our devices and I updated my IPad before the DJI UPDATE was out.. I mean it just blows my mind that Apple comes out with an update the very same day as DJI comes out with their long awaited  (8 months)  update to fix extreme problems.. like I said I wish they would sit down and just rewrite the P4 program from scratch instead of nickel and diming a fix together.

(EDIT)... I can’t use Android my phone is a s8+ and not on the recommended list and it has a pop up that reads unable to send command after launching Go 4 on it, so I’m not putting my 18 hundred dollars up in the air with it. That is the price tag I paid for that drone on Nov 14th 2016. And it flew flawlessly hitting its 3.1 mile distance as advertised until it got raped by updates.
2018-1-25
Use props
guardcim23
lvl.3
United States

fans1f690efe Posted at 2018-1-25 15:49
Iam also getting strong radio interference, tested CS and iPad and the same issue pops up.

I used my CS and flew over and around high voltage towers. I had  no interference from the lines. Only warning that I received was a few high wind . Is was correct I did have a little wind today
2018-1-25
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Normn8or Posted at 2018-1-25 16:07
Yeah I seen that just within minutes of  THE DJI TEAM posted it. But I have the P4 Standard and I have no HDMI OUT on my remote. Funny thing is I don’t get any interference warnings at all on the flight screen now but in that drop screen it is next to constantly on poor signal only flickering to good for a couple of seconds. I had hope but I think I’m loosing all confidence in any real fix..  patch upon patch isn’t the way to go.  But hey that’s just the way I feel about it. I am now at 7 test flights since the update at 5 different places with 4 different cords. DJI can’t expect us not to update our IPads so their program will work on them when those updates are to fix vulnerabilities that protect our devices and I updated my IPad before the DJI UPDATE was out.. I mean it just blows my mind that Apple comes out with an update the very same day as DJI comes out with their long awaited  (8 months)  update to fix extreme problems.. like I said I wish they would sit down and just rewrite the P4 program from scratch instead of nickel and diming a fix together.

(EDIT)... I can’t use Android my phone is a s8+ and not on the recommended list and it has a pop up that reads unable to send command after launching Go 4 on it, so I’m not putting my 18 hundred dollars up in the air with it. That is the price tag I paid for that drone on Nov 14th 2016. And it flew flawlessly hitting its 3.1 mile distance as advertised until it got raped by updates.

Iam having exactly the same issue as you , it's driving me nuts
2018-1-25
Use props
Qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated to 700, calibrated on dJIA2 and in app and took her out for a test flight...finally no wobble..back to flying the way it was pre-july debacle of an update.

am happy again

please dont make any more drastic changes DJI, and although it took 6 months thank you for fixing it.

2018-1-25
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated via DJI GO 4 without any issues.   Seems to fly fine, no noticeable changes from before the update.
2018-1-25
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-25 14:24
Any test flights as yet, you were still having problems on 02.00.0600, now resolved ?

Hello Aardvark, it is looking good, but have to do more testing to be sure. There was absolutely no wind at all yesterday afternoon during the first flight.  It then hovers perfect and fly stable. I have to test it in a gentle breeze in fast forward flight to be sure that it do not starts to wobble. I am still positive though. How are things with your P 4.
2018-1-25
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-25 13:45
Great to hear, F.KOK! Hopefully at long last we have a prod version we can actually use. Yay!

Hello PB, yes it was a long struggle for sure.  202 days.
2018-1-25
Use props
ScottyJ
New
Australia

nikolaous Posted at 2018-1-24 09:06
Hi. I tried to upgrade my phantom with dji assistant 2 but it didn't give me the option to do it. No update files were there. Then I followed the dji go procedure, through my tablet, and the upgrade began normally . At the end with 99 % finished ,after 45 minutes of wait, I had to turn off both RC and the  Phantom as well. When I restarted the dji go and the drone, the app asked me to upgrade the RC as well. I upgraded the RC and now everything seems working fine. Of course I haven't tried the drone yet but it seems ok. Even now, the dji assistant 2 program doesn't recognize any firmware at all.

Hi Nikolaous, I've had a mirror issue. I went just over 50 minutes but that was after a pop up window told me to remove and reinsert the data cable to finish the upgrade. Of course I did as I was instructed and then my patience ran out at the 50 minute plus mark locked at 99%. Then I tried to restart the update and shut down and restarted the Ph4 but the update kept cycling on my iPad Air2 and the only way I could stop it was to delete the entire Go 4 app from my iPad and reload it. NOW......it is giving me the same 'Disconnected' bar that forced me into updating in the first place!!! After reading complaint after complaint on various sites, centered around the same topic "Firmware Updates", I'm convinced DJI are persisting with rank amateur software developers and for the money we pay for their products we all should have 'sucker', tattooed across our foreheads. The mass produced components of these machines are not that expensive. Start giving us the balance of our purchase price in stable software instead of bandaids and silence.
Kind frustrated regards, ScottyJ
2018-1-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

F.KOK Posted at 2018-1-25 22:29
Hello Aardvark, it is looking good, but have to do more testing to be sure. There was absolutely no wind at all yesterday afternoon during the first flight.  It then hovers perfect and fly stable. I have to test it in a gentle breeze in fast forward flight to be sure that it do not starts to wobble. I am still positive though. How are things with your P 4.

Not sure as yet, away from home and Phantom for a few days. I should know by end of next week though dependant on Winter weather as well, the 02.00.0300& 02.00.0600 releases both worked well for me. So I have great expectations for the 02.00.0700 build and DJI Go 4 V4.2.4; mind control perhaps :-)
2018-1-26
Use props
nikolaous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1068894 ft
Greece

ScottyJ Posted at 2018-1-26 01:11
Hi Nikolaous, I've had a mirror issue. I went just over 50 minutes but that was after a pop up window told me to remove and reinsert the data cable to finish the upgrade. Of course I did as I was instructed and then my patience ran out at the 50 minute plus mark locked at 99%. Then I tried to restart the update and shut down and restarted the Ph4 but the update kept cycling on my iPad Air2 and the only way I could stop it was to delete the entire Go 4 app from my iPad and reload it. NOW......it is giving me the same 'Disconnected' bar that forced me into updating in the first place!!! After reading complaint after complaint on various sites, centered around the same topic "Firmware Updates", I'm convinced DJI are persisting with rank amateur software developers and for the money we pay for their products we all should have 'sucker', tattooed across our foreheads. The mass produced components of these machines are not that expensive. Start giving us the balance of our purchase price in stable software instead of bandaids and silence.
Kind frustrated regards, ScottyJ

Hi.Sorry to hear that. My p4 seems to work fine. I tried it inside my house for a couple of minutes. It didnt matter if I had to stop the installation procedure on 99%. I look forward to testing it on the open field......
2018-1-26
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

v02.00.0700 upgrade successful. (With Assistant2 v1.2.0 on Win7 32bit VM and SD card removed)
P4 manufactured March, 1st 2016
Android control device

Findings after 3 short quick flights:
1) Stable forward and reverse flight.
2) Slower, more steady landing around 2 feet off surface. (better VPS?)
3) Less twitch on hard vertical descent.

Thanks for the release DJI, it was a LONG WAIT, but appreciated and needed.
2018-1-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-26 02:04
Not sure as yet, away from home and Phantom for a few days. I should know by end of next week though dependant on Winter weather as well, the 02.00.0300& 02.00.0600 releases both worked well for me. So I have great expectations for the 02.00.0700 build and DJI Go 4 V4.2.4; mind control perhaps :-)

I've been away too. Can't wait - hopefully this weekend.

I think it's time for one of my - now infamous - drone song renditions...

Our faith was strong but we needed proof
You saw Mavic Air owners dancing on the roof
Their beauty and the moonlight overthrew you

DJI tied you to its kitchen chair
It broke your drone and it cut your air[time]
And from your lips she drew the "aghhh, you piece of ****"

Baby we've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor (Aardvark and PunchBuggy know)
I used to live alone before I knew DJI
And I've seen your logo on the phantom four
Drone love is really more of a chore.
It's a cold and it's a broken

BUT Hallelujah...... Hallelujah.... Hallelujah.... HallelUUUUuuuuuuuuyaaaaaa
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules