Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_bogdi1988
lvl.4
Flight distance : 631312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

Been making some videos with the Mavic for the past few months, and I am slowly working on improving my drone piloting skills and also putting together the videos a bit better.
I know I have to work on my side panning as it's too fast/jittery. Looking for more feedback/critique and suggestions from you guys on the videos, if anyone has some time to look through them. The are sorted newest to oldest in the playlist:

2018-1-23
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like the playlist did not embed: https://www.youtube.com/user/bogdi1988
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

LIKE THIS!
2018-1-24
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Great stuff! Balls flying through that canyon. The colors are also awesome! As far as feedback these are some things I'd work on.

Piloting:
- There are some settings you can change such as gimbal pitch speed and smoothness. Also, yaw speeds,  This will help with smoothness. This will take some fine tuning. find what works best for you.
- Commit to a move. there are a few moves where you start to move then stop then start again.  instead of on-off, slowly increase the stick input amount. I find it's easier to do this with the pointer finger and thumb. not just the thumb.

Editing:
- There are some cuts that jump right back into a previous scene. like the cut around 30 sec. It makes the cut in the middle seem out of place. But if the 3rd clip was much different it would feel more complete.
- I would also cut the beginning and end off of some clips, It looks more pro when you don't see the drone start moving and stop moving.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to your next videos!
2018-1-24
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Brian88 Posted at 2018-1-24 20:59
Great stuff! Balls flying through that canyon. The colors are also awesome! As far as feedback these are some things I'd work on.

Piloting:

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for in feedback!

Have you had a chance to look at some of the other videos?
2018-1-24
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

alex_bogdi1988 Posted at 2018-1-24 21:01
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for in feedback!

Have you had a chance to look at some of the other videos?

Taking a look now.
2018-1-24
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Like Brian said, you turn around too fast. Might wanna use TRIPOD mode or something like that.

Also, you shouldn't change your flight path while recording (or at least do it slowly). It doesn't make a smooth video. Focusing while you're recording something is not recommended neither.

Apart from that, your colors look great and the footage looks sharp. Sometimes it's a bit out of focus especially in those hiking scenes though.

2018-1-24
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks MiniPalourde! The moving, yes, I know I need to improve that.
What do you mean by correcting the flight path?
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules