Whats happening with Spark after Mavic Air release?
123Next >
6351 98 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkuser999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51890 ft
United Kingdom

Being a  beginner in the drone scene, i'm confused by all these comments saying the Spark users got shafted. Presumably you guys made a lot of requests for patches and updates, but these can only do so much. It is not not going to upgrade the camera and give us all the features of the Mavic Air. They could've called the drone "Spark Air"...and that won't change a thing in this thread!
2018-1-24
Use props
darkuser999
lvl.2
United Kingdom

robnav Posted at 2018-1-24 07:20
Funny thing for me is that I just got the Spark  So far I am loving it coming from the P3S. I literally throw it in my backpack and when I get to the destination boom throw it up in the air and I'm done. Would I have got the Mavic Air if I would have waited probably yea but I can't lie I love this little guy. I remember going to the park and people would start looking at the PS3 and you could see it would make some of them uncomfortable. With the Spark I went to the pool and while my daughter swam I got some cool shots. A dad was there and said hey that's cool how much? I said $500, he nearly flipped out and said man that's one expensive toy. So yea I do want a Mavic Air but for now, Im enjoying the Spark too much and the fact that people don't freak out when they see it is a huge plus.

just a quick thing....can you really throw it in the backpack and go, or do you need to be super careful with the propellers and gimble and therefore always use the Spark carry bag? This is a serious question as i have a thing with babysitting my gear lol

I got to be honest. The deal breaker for me is compactness and portability. It always is with camera equipment....Seeing how the Mavic Air fits into its carry case is what making me think twice about the Spark!
2018-1-24
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

darkuser999 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:23
just a quick thing....can you really throw it in the backpack and go, or do you need to be super careful with the propellers and gimble and therefore always use the Spark carry bag? This is a serious question as i have a thing with babysitting my gear lol

I got to be honest. The deal breaker for me is compactness and portability. It always is with camera equipment....Seeing how the Mavic Air fits into its carry case is what making me think twice about the Spark!

I have a compartment in my camera bag that I can easily slip my Spark in and out of (not quite throwing it), but I usually put a prop holder on just to avoid them flopping around my bag.

The foldability of the Mavic Air would definitely be a plus for saving bag space.
2018-1-24
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I’ve had my Spark for about 3 weeks, I bought it as my “first” non toy quad, I really like the Mavic PP and intended to buy it next. I still might, but the Mavic A is very tempting for 2 reasons to me, it’s size, and it’s protected gimbal.
I intend to wait until March or so to make a decision, after we discover any bugs or issues with Mavic A.  I am also curious as to the performance of the new WiFi.
The little Mavic A is a very sleek looking thing, I really like it, but if it proves to be less “professional” than the Mavic PP, I will probably chose the later, because Pro is my eventual goal.
Unfortunately my budget just starting out prevents me from getting Inspire 2 until I actually start getting paying work, which is still a year or two down the road.
The P4P that I am working on for my friend could end up mine also, if he doesn’t get on the ball and buy the parts soon.
But no buyers remorse for me.
2018-1-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

darkuser999 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:02
Being a  beginner in the drone scene, i'm confused by all these comments saying the Spark users got shafted. Presumably you guys made a lot of requests for patches and updates, but these can only do so much. It is not not going to upgrade the camera and give us all the features of the Mavic Air. They could've called the drone "Spark Air"...and that won't change a thing in this thread!

The irony is that OTG connection already worked until they broke it. Other suggestions like a RAW support or 24, 25 fps video modes are also possible. None of those are unrealistic requests. Thanks to hacked GO 4 app we also know that Spark is capable of some advanced features from Mavic that are not accessible in the official version ....

Reality is that DJI is deliberately holding Spark back saying all those features may be added in the future and at the same time introduce a drone proving all those features could be available right now (including the OTG support).

The spark is an excellent drone and still has some advantages even over the Mavic Air (like palm launch, extremely usefull outdoor in a muddy terrain or a high grass) but they should really show some initiative on the software part as well because it's holding Spark back.
2018-1-24
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-24 07:47
It’s a case of the grass is always greener on the other side. Yes we know all about some Europeans having problems with using WiFi from controller to monitor in 2.4 ghz and equally those who have also purchased CS monitors.
We have to hope that a solution will be solved for this particular problem soon, the word is that it will so we will wait and see.
Regarding all other features like 24fps raw etc, none of these were promised so cannot be expected, it is however common for dji to pass on new features like boomerang etc to other compatible drones as they did with gesture and Mavic , I do believe we will see some of those features coming to spark but this could take a couple of months before we see them.

Friend, I am in Argentina and the WIFI link is not viable with its delay ... in 2.4 or 5.8 the WIFI connection is a disaster ... and it is very far from giving security to handle it. I have a Samsung S8 + I think of the best in android.
While they did not promote RAW ... come on! a selfie drone (specialized in photography rather than video) without RAW?
We know that it is possible, simply to make available the image as the sensor takes it.
Now ... being objective ... Handle it with gestures? is still in diapers and is far from what they promoted, the Wi-Fi connection is a disaster and we are still dealing with cases of errors and losses outside the pilot.
I think DJI has a commitment to SPARK consumers and they are in debt.
2018-1-24
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Spark end life..for me...

Mavic Air is new Spark...

i sell my spark and buy Air or Pro...

not for me Spark...
2018-1-24
Use props
Toyman2k 9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72362 ft
United States

would love an answer to the original question?  Should you upgrade the DJI app if using the Spark?  Paid 599 less 100 discount plus 135 in kohls cash = 364. net cost fly more combo.   
2018-1-24
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Toyman2k 9 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:16
would love an answer to the original question?  Should you upgrade the DJI app if using the Spark?  Paid 599 less 100 discount plus 135 in kohls cash = 364. net cost fly more combo.

If you are using IOS the newest update works with OTG, if you are using Android and you want to use OTG, the last version that everyone says works is 4.1.15.
But DJI has not said anything so far about changing their stand, of not recommending the use of OTG.

Also great use of Kohl’s cash!!
2018-1-24
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

As a mavic owner, I would kill for a spark, which is super tough, but without a multitude of sensors I don't need. But with occusync. This is why the air is a disappointment for me. I haven't messed with Wi-Fi since phantom 3 and have zero desire to go back. But a spark, as it is now, with occusync, I'm golden.
2018-1-24
Use props
Toyman2k 9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72362 ft
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-1-24 10:26
If you are using IOS the newest update works with OTG, if you are using Android and you want to use OTG, the last version that everyone says works is 4.1.15.
But DJI has not said anything so far about changing their stand, of not recommending the use of OTG.

Using most updated 11.2.5  iOS here so I should update my DJI GO 4 app ?  I do have the OTG cable and it used to work
2018-1-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-24 07:22
I believe that a lot of the frustration from the release of the new Mavic Air comes from the fact that there has been several polls of what would people like to add to the Spark. The people gave them basically all the info they needed (24, 25 fps, raw support ....) and instead of including them (or at least some of them) in the Spark, they used them for a new drone. It is irony that a hacked versions of DJI GO 4 are actually a proof that Spark is really capable of much more than they are allowing us to use.

Add the fact that the newer versions of DJI GO 4 are actually a downgrade due to the broken OTG connection that is the only reasonable way how to fly it in the Europe with an android phone and considering that they did not fix it in three conseductive releases ... it really makes one feel like a second class customer ...

The Canon T6i Rebel users are writing the same thing about Canon releasing the 80D.  All the features they wanted in the T6i released in a new slightly more expensive model.  T6i owners were suggesting the higher frame rates for video and faster burst modes, all easily added with a FW update, but no,...it is put in a new model they released a month after I bought my T6i.  

Photographers are always GAS for new features that would finally make their art something great.  Just buy what is best able to do your mission within your budget.  A 4k camera with RAW and the ability to fly over the horizon. would be wasted on my close in airborne shots posted to family and friends in JPG or short 1080p files.  

Took the Spark's $200 savings over a base Mavic and bought a Playstation VR and the Ultrawings flight sim.
2018-1-24
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I am still on 11.2.2 I just read a post that mentioned issues with DJI Go and 11.2.5.
The newest DJI go released yesterday 1/23/2018,  so far it seems to work well, and OTG cable seems to work again.
2018-1-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

bighi Posted at 2018-1-24 10:28
As a mavic owner, I would kill for a spark, which is super tough, but without a multitude of sensors I don't need. But with occusync. This is why the air is a disappointment for me. I haven't messed with Wi-Fi since phantom 3 and have zero desire to go back. But a spark, as it is now, with occusync, I'm golden.

I thought the same thing.  Wanted Occusync but now wonder if it is important considering I fly within VLOS.  I wanted a more robust link but haven't had issues with the Spark's wifi.  I have never even used RTH as I always am connected enough to fly home.

Occusync seems a wasted feature.  Very flashy though.
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-24 09:52
Friend, I am in Argentina and the WIFI link is not viable with its delay ... in 2.4 or 5.8 the WIFI connection is a disaster ... and it is very far from giving security to handle it. I have a Samsung S8 + I think of the best in android.
While they did not promote RAW ... come on! a selfie drone (specialized in photography rather than video) without RAW?
We know that it is possible, simply to make available the image as the sensor takes it.

You call it a selfie drone, so that’s what you bought as you said it not me. Regarding WiFi issues I’m not the engineer so how they improve this I don’t know. Regarding customers getting what they paid for like proper WiFi or even otg I’m fully behind you with this that’s not an argument I’m making.
But if I have an iPhone that records only 1080 then I’m not asking Apple to give me the option to record in 4K , because they won’t .
But looking for raw and 4K in a spark because somebody cracked a code and it can be done doesn’t mean they have to do it.
If raw was what you wanted then you picked the wrong drone from the start, and the same with 4K , if they are introduced to spark then that’s a bonus nothing else.
The one underlying issue with spark is WiFi issue and this for some people including yourself as you said should be sorted , the rest is just crying over spilt milk ,
I also believe that many of new features in Mavic Air will be introduced to spark but there is also a line I’m sure dji won’t cross to make spark a Mavic Air .
2018-1-24
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

No big price changes in Canada yet... waiting patiently.
2018-1-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:35
The Canon T6i Rebel users are writing the same thing about Canon releasing the 80D.  All the features they wanted in the T6i released in a new slightly more expensive model.  T6i owners were suggesting the higher frame rates for video and faster burst modes, all easily added with a FW update, but no,...it is put in a new model they released a month after I bought my T6i.  

Photographers are always GAS for new features that would finally make their art something great.  Just buy what is best able to do your mission within your budget.  A 4k camera with RAW and the ability to fly over the horizon. would be wasted on my close in airborne shots posted to family and friends in JPG or short 1080p files.  

The point is I was talking about features that actually either worked before they broke it (OTG) or are quite reasonable demand (it can do 1080p at 30 fps therefore it can surely manage 24, 25 fps). Nobody expects to get Mavic Air over night, nor would everybody want to ...

As to your WiFi post ... try flying it under the CE regulations. Then we can talk about the advantages of different transmission techs like Occusync ... even when we talk about flying within VLOS.
2018-1-24
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:00
You call it a selfie drone, so that’s what you bought as you said it not me. Regarding WiFi issues I’m not the engineer so how they improve this I don’t know. Regarding customers getting what they paid for like proper WiFi or even otg I’m fully behind you with this that’s not an argument I’m making.
But if I have an iPhone that records only 1080 then I’m not asking Apple to give me the option to record in 4K , because they won’t .
But looking for raw and 4K in a spark because somebody cracked a code and it can be done doesn’t mean they have to do it.

At no time I ask for 4k, I just want an efficient WIFI or OTG connection whatever ... but efficient and insecure when flying, gesture control? Well ... if we compare what it publishes to what it is in reality it is a scam ... and the RAW ... please simply make available the direct data of the sensor. Please see the video that I leave below.

2018-1-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:00
But if I have an iPhone that records only 1080 then I’m not asking Apple to give me the option to record in 4K , because they won’t .

Nope, it doesn't mean they have to do it. But it certainly shows how much are they holding the Spark back. Nobody expects to get 4k at 30 fps but the RAW format would be nice since Spark is the only DJI drone that doesn't have it (well, not counting the Tello ;) ). They don't have to do it as they already have our money .... but for me this extra care would be a nice incentive to actually buy something else. Probably Mavic Air or Mavic 2. I will keep the Spark as well as it is still the best thing for my outdoor travels.
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:19
At no time I ask for 4k, I just want an efficient WIFI or OTG connection whatever ... but efficient and insecure when flying, gesture control? Well ... if we compare what it publishes to what it is in reality it is a scam ... and the RAW ... please simply make available the direct data of the sensor. Please see the video that I leave below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfkPMzxne0I

You have to understand that for most people Spark is flying fine yes for you it has its problems , and I understand this, but Raw is not a problem because it’s not a part of spark.
How the transmission gets sorted out is the six million dollar question , the reps here have said engineers are working on it, it looks like that’s all they are allowed say.
But it’s wrong to rubbish the spark because for many it’s a great drone for its price.
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:48
I thought the same thing.  Wanted Occusync but now wonder if it is important considering I fly within VLOS.  I wanted a more robust link but haven't had issues with the Spark's wifi.  I have never even used RTH as I always am connected enough to fly home.

Occusync seems a wasted feature.  Very flashy though.

Occuscync was never part of spark so it’s a closed subject, your right you have good transmission and there are many like you. And yes as I have said before everyone is entitled to transmission that was advertised and hopefully this is being worked on, some say that it was working before on earlier firmware/software, this is not true even on those packages there were transmission problems you only have to go back through this forum to see complaints.
2018-1-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:15
The point is I was talking about features that actually either worked before they broke it (OTG) or are quite reasonable demand (it can do 1080p at 30 fps therefore it can surely manage 24, 25 fps). Nobody expects to get Mavic Air over night, nor would everybody want to ...

As to your WiFi post ... try flying it under the CE regulations. Then we can talk about the advantages of different transmission techs like Occusync ... even when we talk about flying within VLOS.

I can see the need for a better link with Europe.  Might be what the Air is trying to do with its new wifi.

I think they are marketing entry level drones for use with just your phone's wifi (therefore the link type) and close in wifi flying.  Don't need any drone pilot flying far  and wifi keeps newbies from venturing out much beyond VLOS.  

I am not sure about the software engineering needed to add another video mode to the Spark's microcontroller.  Or how much memory room it has that isn't reserved for future exciting newbie functions such as Asteroid.  24 or 25fps would have been cool.
2018-1-24
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:29
You have to understand that for most people Spark is flying fine yes for you it has its problems , and I understand this, but Raw is not a problem because it’s not a part of spark.
How the transmission gets sorted out is the six million dollar question , the reps here have said engineers are working on it, it looks like that’s all they are allowed say.
But it’s wrong to rubbish the spark because for many it’s a great drone for its price.

I understand perfectly ... here is not about lack of understanding. What I'm saying is that what they promoted is not, the WFI link is a disaster and ... and ... they could have put RAW ...
If you have a spark and try to control it with gestures you know what I'm talking about, if I use wifi between my cellphones and the control will know what I'm talking about ... not to mention wanting to register with the QR code. Simply SPARK is a half-baked product of what they promise.
And what I write about this post is that I feel disappointed by DJI in getting a new product without first resolving the failures of SPARK. Is my position difficult to understand or incorrect?
2018-1-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Czechia

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:46
I can see the need for a better link with Europe.  Might be what the Air is trying to do with its new wifi.

I think they are marketing entry level drones for use with just your phone's wifi (therefore the link type) and close in wifi flying.  Don't need any drone pilot flying far  and wifi keeps newbies from venturing out much beyond VLOS.  

Well, if they wanted Spark to be trully a selfie drone only they would not develop a remote.  I guess they did not expect how large the impact of CE regulations will be on the WiFi signal in Europe (and the fact that 5,8GHz band is reserved for short range devices only which rules out both remote and mobile phones, that's why android phones don't support it in here).  I am a little bit disapointed that the Mavic Air is still stuck on WiFi. I am really curious how well it will work in Europe.
2018-1-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Owners:   “I want a Spark with 4K, 3 axis gimbal, 60fps, RAW footage, longest flight time, small form factor”

DJI:  “I present to you the Mavic Air with everything you’ve been asking for”

DJI Owners:  “ I feel mugged and ripped off that you produced a new drone with 4K, 3 axis, 6fps, raw footage, longer flight time..   I cannot be happy with my Spark now because it is obsolete”

2018-1-24
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:47
DJI Owners:   “I want a Spark with 4K, 3 axis gimbal, 60fps, RAW footage, longest flight time, small form factor”

A pity that you do not take the time to read and interpret our claim as I took the time to read your ABSURD answers.
We are NOT asking for more ... we are asking that we not buy what works as advertised.
In short, nothing to talk with people like you,
2018-1-24
Use props
darkuser999
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:47

Actually i know i can only blame myself for poor timing. But i'm not sure it makes business sense to release a drone between the Spark and Mavic Pro either. The resale price for both predecessors will likely drop like a stone...Mavic Pro users would want greater efficiency, as their priorities were unlikely to be form factor. Spark users wanted better quality with no increase to form factor. The Mavic Air is a compromise as opposed to an upgrade.
2018-1-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:01
A pity that you do not take the time to read and interpret our claim as I took the time to read your ABSURD answers.
We are NOT asking for more ... we are asking that we not buy what works as advertised.
In short, nothing to talk with people like you,

So what specifically doesn't work for you ?

Wifi ?  Is that a region / 2.4 / 5.8ghz issue ?   My spark flies fine, as do many others.  I've gone 1.2k+
OTG ?  That was never an advertised feature and DJI have stated many times it's not supported.  Yes it was removed for whatever reason a few versions ago, but from what I understand in v 4.2.4 it's back
RAW ?  Again, not an advertised feature.

So what specifically is not working.

My comment was not specifically directed at you but if you want to complain about OTG and RAW then maybe it is

There are some people with common sense here.  They understand the DJI will have multiple streams of development.  They will take note of what people are asking for and use some of that.  They have created a drone that meets all those requirements

DJI nor any other company, will stop developing products because they have another similar product.   They still need to make money at the end of the day

DJI have not said they have "removed the spark" as you state.     I do question is there place for a spark anymore given the Air.  It may die a natural death.  But so what ?  I have my spark, as do thousands others.  Nothing has changed in the way it operates just because the Air was announced.  Do I like the spark ? Hell yeah.  Do I have buyers remorse ? Definitely not.  Will i upgrade to an Air ?...maybe..

I have read each of the posts here.  Some make sense, the spark is not perfect.  But I cannot understand the selfishness and small mindedness of some people that are upset that the Air was released and now the spark isn't the latest and greatest.    I was just reading about the Osmo Mobile 2 release the other day.  One poster was incensed that DJI did not respect him because they've not improved the unit and made it cheaper....really ?
2018-1-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

darkuser999 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:21
Actually i know i can only blame myself for poor timing. But i'm not sure it makes business sense to release a drone between the Spark and Mavic Pro either. The resale price for both predecessors will likely drop like a stone...Mavic Pro users would want greater efficiency, as their priorities were unlikely to be form factor. Spark users wanted better quality with no increase to form factor. The Mavic Air is a compromise as opposed to an upgrade.

I agree with your kind of thinking.  I too have questioned how the Air affect the lineup.  The future of the range...is there still room for a spark...etc.     I just get frustrated with people who suffer from "Fear of Missing Out" because a new drone was released better than the spark.

I knew what I bought when I bought it.   I knew the features it had and didn't expect any more than that.  I am happy that DJI have improved on that with another release.       People act like they can no longer bear to fly a spark since the release of the air.....smh
2018-1-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

OTG was an advertised feature. Crystal sky ad has always said so.
2018-1-24
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

I think the DJI Spark makes for a fantastic entry level drone.
Picked my Spark up the weekend before the Air was announced and have zero regrets.

The Mavic Air fills the void between the Spark and Mavic Pro for those wanting a little more muscle in their drones and whose budget just can't reach the Pro.
It makes sense to have such a model in DJI's drone lineup.

2018-1-24
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-1-24 13:31
OTG was an advertised feature. Crystal sky ad has always said so.

you sure ?  looking at the Crystal Sky page, it doesn't say Spark is supported.

The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series,
Mavic Pro and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.*

https://www.dji.com/crystalsky
The CrystalSky monitor can quickly connect to the Inspire series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 series (Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced), Matrice series,
Mavic Pro and Osmo series (except the Osmo Mobile) over Wi-Fi or via a remote controller USB port, depending on your specific product.*

2018-1-24
Use props
darkuser999
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:30
I agree with your kind of thinking.  I too have questioned how the Air affect the lineup.  The future of the range...is there still room for a spark...etc.     I just get frustrated with people who suffer from "Fear of Missing Out" because a new drone was released better than the spark.

I knew what I bought when I bought it.   I knew the features it had and didn't expect any more than that.  I am happy that DJI have improved on that with another release.       People act like they can no longer bear to fly a spark since the release of the air.....smh

Actually, i think there is a place for it. From the beginning the Spark was billed as an entry level drone...not a state-of-the-art gadget. Just as most people can't afford mid-range to high-level DSLRs or mirrorless cameras, only enthusiasts can really afford a £1000 drone (British price as i live in rip-off Britain! ) With the Air, the Spark will be driven down to a very affordable £300-400, which is healthy for the market.

I guess someone like me will have to decide whether to flog it on eBay before its value depreciates and buy the Air. Truth be told, i can do without 4k video and 3 axis gimbal. Results from youtube videos seem to hold it very well. For me, its the flight time and folding legs that are the biggies. The spark is still one of the smallest drones ever. It is significantly lighter than the Air (mirrorless photographers will tell you that this matters to them) and smaller when flown. There's a chance i will keep it as a useful beginner drone and later invest in a serious 30min flyer like the Mavic PP or descendants.
2018-1-24
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:25
So what specifically doesn't work for you ?

Wifi ?  Is that a region / 2.4 / 5.8ghz issue ?   My spark flies fine, as do many others.  I've gone 1.2k+

Well clearly you do not read carefully what I write ... The WIFI link has promises of delays and cuts ... I myself experience it with my SAMSUNG S8 + and can see a lot of post about it. In my case I can use 2.4 and 5.8 ... delay between 300 ms and 4 s sometimes ... and the one to control with gestures the SPARK, in order if you want you can see in youtube infinity of people doing the rudiculo in front of the drone they are able control it
We are "jealous" that our SPARK is not the star ... it does not work as advertised! and instead of polishing the SPARK in its functions and giving us a quality product, they launch a new product ... but apparently it is difficult to understand for you.
So here my dialogue with you ... because I said everything I have to say in the clearest way, to understand here if your intention is to understand in good faith ... will be in you the effort to make a correct reading.

Good flights
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:28
Nope, it doesn't mean they have to do it. But it certainly shows how much are they holding the Spark back. Nobody expects to get 4k at 30 fps but the RAW format would be nice since Spark is the only DJI drone that doesn't have it (well, not counting the Tello ;) ). They don't have to do it as they already have our money .... but for me this extra care would be a nice incentive to actually buy something else. Probably Mavic Air or Mavic 2. I will keep the Spark as well as it is still the best thing for my outdoor travels.

As regards buying other drones, there are none at the price technology or anything else out there that are better than dji drones so if people want to upgrade they will always look to dji at least 80% will.

Should they give us raw for spark that’s up to them, but after seven months they haven’t, will they give other upgrades I think they will.

This problem of people buying a drone then looking for other stuff that are on other drones is not new, since P4 was released March 2016 it was by far dji,s biggest consumer drone, 6 months P4Pro was released, then all P4 users wanted all the new tech on P4Pro, it didn’t happen, same with inspire same with Mavic etc.

We also face the same problems when phones are upgraded, it’s no different, if your happy with your drone and it suits you for what you do then everything should be a bonus.
2018-1-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Crystal Sky.
Advertised until recently as Spark compatible.
Many posts document this. Can't be bothered to dig it out. Mounting bracket still shows it as of 2 mins ago.
2018-1-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Screen shot
Screenshot_2018-01-24-22-07-54.png
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:02
I understand perfectly ... here is not about lack of understanding. What I'm saying is that what they promoted is not, the WFI link is a disaster and ... and ... they could have put RAW ...
If you have a spark and try to control it with gestures you know what I'm talking about, if I use wifi between my cellphones and the control will know what I'm talking about ... not to mention wanting to register with the QR code. Simply SPARK is a half-baked product of what they promise.
And what I write about this post is that I feel disappointed by DJI in getting a new product without first resolving the failures of SPARK. Is my position difficult to understand or incorrect?

Well if gesture is not working and WiFi is not working , then you have a problem, if you purchased a car and It didn’t go further than 50miles without problems or purchased a tv that didn’t work as it should you would return for a refund and if it was me then that’s what I would do.

Everybody understands you have problems and you are annoyed , but you shouldn’t have to put up with waiting for dji to sort your problem if your not happy to wait, send it back tell them it’s no good you want either a working drone or your money back.

I’m actually amazed at so many people complaining about their drones not working as they should, yet I haven’t seen more than two people returning for the issues you are describing.
2018-1-24
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

On my shop page for crystal sky it is still advertised as compatible with spark?
Also Goggles use OTG.
Seems they fixed OTG for iOS with latest DJI Go App, Goggles always worked fine (haven't tested with my android yet but will do this right now and share my result, just updated dji go app).
Mavic Air won't kill the success spark had, and people will still buy, maybe less but it is still a very nice quad  
2018-1-24
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-24 14:23
Well if gesture is not working and WiFi is not working , then you have a problem, if you purchased a car and It didn’t go further than 50miles without problems or purchased a tv that didn’t work as it should you would return for a refund and if it was me then that’s what I would do.

Everybody understands you have problems and you are annoyed , but you shouldn’t have to put up with waiting for dji to sort your problem if your not happy to wait, send it back tell them it’s no good you want either a working drone or your money back.

It's not that it does not "work", the state is not binary ... it just does not do it well ... video with lag and cuts ... and you can spend a whole battery wanting to make a selfie with gestures.
If I could return it I would, but I live in the blessed Argentina and that is not possible.
I simply have to stay with a piece of piece that even in dreams is operated as sold by DJI. Did you ever get in touch with DJI support? you know how frustrating it is? apparently not, only comes to question the users who claim to my opinion in a valid way ... but not only have to deal with the painful support of DJI ... if not also with people like you.
MAYBE we are many what we decided to spend on a spark to spend our time in the forums claiming what we paid and did not get. maybe not ?
Nor will he see a return of the guarantee for the flaws he names, because DJI simply does not recognize it as a guarantee problem ... no matter how much the forum and youtube explode post demonstrating the malfunction.
2018-1-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules