1085 11 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Hello,

I ordered the Mavic Air and can't wait to get it. I've had the Spark since last summer and flew over 14 hours so far. Now for my questions:

1. When you record video on the Spark in sport mode you get the horizon tilt when you turn. Will the Mavic Air keep the horizon level in videos because of the 3 axis gimbal?

2. On the DJI GO 4 app you select your device from a drop down menu but I don't see the Mavic Air listed. Do I just select Mavic Pro? And will I need to manually choose which device I am going to be flying (Spark/Air) every time I switch? Or does it detect which aircraft is connected?

3. Is the Mavic Air manual available for download so I have something to read while patiently waiting for delivery ;-)

Safe Flying!
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

1/ using Mavic Pro you don’t get this horizon tilt, so I presume it will be the same with the Air and 3 axis gimbal.
2/if you download latest app version which was released yesterday you will see MavAir in drop down, and yes it will recognize which aircraft is plugged in.
3/ Manual should come very shortly shipping starts on 28th so it should be there before that date.
2018-1-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:13
1/ using Mavic Pro you don’t get this horizon tilt, so I presume it will be the same with the Air and 3 axis gimbal.
2/if you download latest app version which was released yesterday you will see MavAir in drop down, and yes it will recognize which aircraft is plugged in.
3/ Manual should come very shortly shipping starts on 28th so it should be there before that date.

What is the number of the App version released yesterday?
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-24 08:24
What is the number of the App version released yesterday?

4.2.4  ....
2018-1-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you very much!
2018-1-24
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

3/ Manual should come very shortly shipping starts on 28th so it should be there before that date.

Thanks for the info!
2018-1-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

hallmark007 -

Lots of reports of horizon tilt on Mavic, especially after rotation.  Mine does it on every flight.  It self corrects if you hover a bit.
2018-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-24 15:35
hallmark007 -

Lots of reports of horizon tilt on Mavic, especially after rotation.  Mine does it on every flight.  It self corrects if you hover a bit.

You are correct but I really haven’t had to much problem with it, the other thing I think but not sure that the new 3 axis gimbal on the MavAir might be more sturdy, we may have to wait and see.
2018-1-24
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-1-24 15:35
hallmark007 -

Lots of reports of horizon tilt on Mavic, especially after rotation.  Mine does it on every flight.  It self corrects if you hover a bit.

Mine does it too. I think you can adjust that in the settings though.
2018-1-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Yes - manually.  But then if you do some more rotation, it does it more.
2018-1-24
Use props
Birdyflymore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57287 ft
Australia

Here is my question if anyone has tried this...

I’m excited about DJI Mavic Air, having owned the DJI spark, I am keen to know the capabilities of DJI Mavic Air Active Track feature. DJI Spark is pretty limited, both in speed, capabilities and accuracy.

I would love to know how good you have found DJI Mavic Air, how good it is, how fast it can track and distance, especially compared to the Spark and Pro. For me, that is the only thing holding me back upgrading.

Thanks
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mark, thanks for your attention. I would recommend you change the camera mode to meet your requirement. The latest version of DJI GO 4 has the option. And please wait patiently for the user manual.  
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules