Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Notice on compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO or D...
12345Next >
44993 191 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear users,

Please note that there are some compatibility issues between the newly-released iOS 11.2.5 and our DJI GO 3.1.24, 3.1.26 or DJI GO 4 4.2.4 apps. The drone platforms potentially affected by this update are the Phantom 3 series, Phantom 4 series with HDMI module and the Inspire 1 series. The compatibility issue may disrupt the ability of the remote controllers of these platforms to connect to the DJI apps. Our developers are working on solving this issue as soon as possible and will notify you once we have released a fix.

To minimize impact to your user experience and flight stability, please refrain from updating your iOS to the 11.2.5 version until further notice. If you have already updated to the latest iOS 11.2.5 version and want to fly your drone as we work on resolving this issue, you can choose to roll back to the previous iOS 11.2.2.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and will keep you posted on our progress.

DJI Product Technical Support Team

2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the notification
2018-1-24
Use props
vagelisgeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32740 ft
Germany

I never updated, breaks too many things, I'll wait till its stable again
2018-1-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Little late for this notification.  You guys should try to find a way to be more proactive on these kinds of things.  I have a drone that does not work unless I roll back to a older version of iOS.  Both updates from DJI and Apple the same day.  Not in the business but seems like really bad coordination between DJI and Apple and an opportunity for DJI to make some improvements in coordinating with a major partner.
2018-1-24
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

DJI are you aware that apple seeds several betas for some time before the release? other companies install them and fix their software ahead of release
2018-1-24
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Too late. How do I roll back?
2018-1-24
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

How do I roll back?
2018-1-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update.
2018-1-24
Use props
fanse52361eb
New
United States

Name: Reinhardt Ruf  Email: Reinhardt.ruf12@gmail.com  Phone: 602 999 6691  Shipping Address: 11577 E. Ranch Gate Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85255  Drone Model: Phantom 3 standard W321  Serial Number: P5ADCKO 50700UV   Description:  As I was flying the drone the remote controller stated I have reached  The maximum distance it can travel. When that occurred the drone basically stopped itself and cause one of the blades to spin off in a crash to the ground. And all my 12 years of flying I’ve never seen anything like that happen. Why did this happen?  Best Regards,   Reinhardt Fabian Ruf
2018-1-24
Use props
RedHawk420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Did not see this in time. How long will it take for DJI to come up with a fix?
2018-1-24
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Good to know before! Please keep us updated on the status!
2018-1-24
Use props
hoosierdoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799839 ft
United States

Thanks for the update!
2018-1-24
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I've updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 11.2.5 and the GO 4 app to version 4.2.4.  Rather than rollback iOS (I believe iOS 11.2.5 has security updates for Spectre and Meltdown), I've removed GO 4 4.2.4 and reinstalled version 4.1.22.  Had to resync flight records and reset some settings for the Spark, but otherwise it wasn't a big deal.

I did notice some curious behaviour in GO 4 4.2.4 relating to the flight records and accessing the forum from within the app.  Also, 4.2.4 would regularly crash when in the Me portion of the app.  An annoyance, but not a hindrance as the Spark appears to have flown fine otherwise.  

Shallow Focus was showing unusually poor results with various parts of the image blurred and others not.  Might have been the lighting or background scenery and will try again when the sun comes back out.  I've never seen Shallow Focus do this before.  This was kind of a bummer and hope that it was just the particular scene/light earlier today.

Happy to be back on GO 4 4.1.22 and look forward to the app getting updated for better compatibility with iOS 11.2.5.
2018-1-24
Use props
tonyyng
lvl.3

Canada

I followed these instructions to restore 11.2.2.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-downgrade-ios-11/
2018-1-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

tonyyng Posted at 2018-1-24 12:49
I followed these instructions to restore 11.2.2.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-downgrade-ios-11/

I don't think roll back of i0S is supported by Apple.
2018-1-24
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70574 ft
Germany

That is a nogo!!

There have been several betas from Apple you could test with before a release.

What are you guys doing? I update as soon as possible if there is an update from Apple because of security fixes.

And you guys are messing it up.

Why not warn before the release? Oh, you did not test, this was found by your customers, right?

Great job!
2018-1-24
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

Achtung DJI
Apple has just seeded iOS 11.3 build 15E5167f
It's 11.3 beta
This is what they do
Act now, otherwise 11.3 release will suddenly crash your app again
2018-1-24
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not updating IOS is a dangerous proposition since these are mostly security exploits they are fixing.
2018-1-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I've been having Disconnect issues ever since the first iOS 11 on two iPads and GO 4.   This ain't news to me!
2018-1-24
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

I'm still on IOS 10.3, will stay there till IOS 11 is stable.. probably around 11.3.5
I review InfoSec stuff on Meltdown/Spectre, the risk for me is minimal.
There are some genuine, but long, and technical YouTube videos on the risks.

I Don't open unexpected attachments, don't visit dubious websites.
But then I only have 1 IOS device, iPad Mini 4.

Day to day PC's all Linux, patched some time ago.
1 Windows 7 VM, and 1 Win 10 VM for very specific roles.
I've used PC's since early DOS, and 1st used Windows since 2.0 (1987)
2018-1-24
Use props
Phantom Rebel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

It's pretty pathetic considering those idiots at DJI are complete geeks.
Seriously, you all need sacking you bunch of useless, incompetent idiots.
2018-1-24
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

fanse52361eb Posted at 2018-1-24 10:03
Name: Reinhardt Ruf  Email:   Phone: 602 999 6691  Shipping Address: 11577 E. Ranch Gate Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85255  Drone Model: Phantom 3 standard W321  Serial Number: P5ADCKO 50700UV   Description:  As I was flying the drone the remote controller stated I have reached  The maximum distance it can travel. When that occurred the drone basically stopped itself and cause one of the blades to spin off in a crash to the ground. And all my 12 years of flying I’ve never seen anything like that happen. Why did this happen?  Best Regards,   Reinhardt Fabian Ruf

Start a new thread about your problem, maybe then you get the attention of DJI-staff in this forum.

Reaching max. distance can't be the reason why one of the pops spinn-off your drone... You probably didn't attach it the way it should. Always check before you take-off.
2018-1-24
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

DJI I recommend you watch the clip called GoPro the rise and fall of a company. Just I hope we don’t see DJI the rise and fall ...
2018-1-25
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Germany

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-24 18:26
I'm still on IOS 10.3, will stay there till IOS 11 is stable.. probably around 11.3.5
I review InfoSec stuff on Meltdown/Spectre, the risk for me is minimal.
There are some genuine, but long, and technical YouTube videos on the risks.

You’re so cool! Staying on old version is so secure!

You think iOS 11 is not secure and stable and you‘ll never affected by any security issues. Since 10.3 a lot security issues have been fixed. Nobody is trying to hack websites or server. Aha. It’s not only dubious websites hackers are interested, just for your information.  Specter and Meltdown are not the only problems out there..

Maybe run your Windows 3.11 and be happy as nobody is interested in this OS anymore.
2018-1-25
Use props
fruitless
lvl.1
Russia

brasax Posted at 2018-1-25 02:37
You’re so cool! Staying on old version is so secure!

You think iOS 11 is not secure and stable and you‘ll never affected by any security issues. Since 10.3 a lot security issues have been fixed. Nobody is trying to hack websites or server. Aha. It’s not only dubious websites hackers are interested, just for your information.  Specter and Meltdown are not the only problems out there..

You just believed this legend about mythical and all-powerful hackers who do not sleep at night only to get to your personal data. You are not a president or secret agent,  so nobody cares of your weekend photos with your dog or to-do lists. If you want to heavely sacrifice performance of your phone for the sake of that mythical security - this is only your choice. I'm on iPhone 7P still running 10.3.3. without any lags or issues, that are so common on iOS 11. And if you think, that there are no insecurity holes in iOS 11, that were advisedly left for the special services and can be accessed at any time, then you are just blind.
2018-1-25
Use props
brasax
lvl.2
Germany

Lol..

You know all the security issues in iOS 11? Cool! Maybe you should contact Apple for the bug bounty!

There are no phishing mails, no ransom ware at all. Sorry, I’m to deep in my job.

Ok. Im going back to my headquarter and speak to Q.

Unbelievable.

2018-1-25
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm fully aware of threats/exploits from many sources. I take security seriously. I asses the risk for my own usage.
One thing I don't do is get pulled into mainstream hysteria.

Meltdown and Spectre are hardware issues. The patches/fixes are workarounds they do not fix the root cause.
In the business world these are significant threats. There have been proof of concept attacks, not aware of any "real" attacks... "Yet"

I guess we all do things differently

MFG
2018-1-25
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-24 18:26
I'm still on IOS 10.3, will stay there till IOS 11 is stable.. probably around 11.3.5
I review InfoSec stuff on Meltdown/Spectre, the risk for me is minimal.
There are some genuine, but long, and technical YouTube videos on the risks.

I have an iPad 5th gen which I  use ONLY for my P4P. Since I haven't been flying for some time now I haven't done ANY updates, so I'm still on iOS 10.3.3 and DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.3. Before I make any updates I will wait until everything is fixed and reported working by the majority...
2018-1-25
Use props
roxyfotodrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116155 ft
Italy

It is strange that a company in close collaboration with Apple does not use as beta test versions of the updates previously released to test their software, for months now I have problems with updates IOS and Dji Go, considering that I bought a year ago a Inspire Pro for 4,000 euros the discomfort is considerable, and today I find the ilDrone unusable.
but perhaps for Dji like many companies it is more important to create new models every month instead of following who has invested over time
2018-1-25
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]I[size=14.6667px] only upgraded to iOS 11 to have the native screen recorder and am completely happy with iOS 11.2.2 and GO app 3.1.5 after observing several bouts of DJI attempting to solve their crappy app issues in their usual tit-for-tat fashion. I've lost way too many opportunities to fly this winter so far because of the way DJI designers base their newest app versions for use with the latest iOS releases. Not budging an inch and strongly wishing I had stayed on iOS 10.
2018-1-25
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

iPad Air 2 iOS 11.2.5 + Phantom 4 PRO with HDMI module

- DJI GO 4.2.4 -  did not work :-(
- DJI GO 4.1.2 -  work OK
2018-1-25
Use props
MAR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3820220 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forgive me but I don’t understand.  DJI is asking us to rollback software but I thought that they forbid rollbacks......
2018-1-25
Use props
reorlr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110436 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another DJI screw up I'd say. One reason Apple puts out updates is for security reasons so why wouldn't anyone not want to update, or why would you want to roll back. Shame on DJI for dropping the ball, AGAIN. They do that a lot as with they're faulty firmware updates etc...   Just my rant on my disappointment with DJI and it's tech department.
2018-1-25
Use props
reorlr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110436 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another DJI screw up I'd say. One reason Apple puts out updates is for security reasons so why wouldn't anyone not want to update, or why would you want to roll back. Shame on DJI for dropping the ball, AGAIN. They do that a lot as with they're faulty firmware updates etc...   Just my rant on my disappointment with DJI and it's tech department.
2018-1-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You pick your battle.  With iOS 10 one rarely had a disconnected screen in GO 4 and the system ran better than using Android.   With iOS 11, I now deal with frequent disconnects which is annoying if not dangerous.  I really tire of unplugging and re-plugging the USB to get a connection.  With the Inspire 2, I also deal with the RC maintaining a connection even at 300 feet with the iPad Pro 10.5" A10x model along with random video feed breaks.

Personally, I could care less about iOS 11 security as I just use the devices to fly the drone well and keep connected with minimal feed issues.  As it is, iOS 11 is so annoying with RC disconnects it makes Android look good.   Used to be Android was awful for GO, but Apple has fixed that story with 11 and all their patches which is ruining the OS for anything else plugged into it.
2018-1-25
Use props
Racer83L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1431014 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the Spark is not effected? I don’t see it listed
2018-1-25
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for the notification.  I'm currently runnning IOS 11.2.5 and DJI Go 4 4.2.4 and haven't encountered any issues with RC to AC connection.
2018-1-25
Use props
jeffb2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99777 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any time frame for the fix to this problem?
2018-1-25
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm not a DJI Fan Boy

You cannot expect them to test against each beta from Apple, they take a chance with point releases,
Remember Apple release a version it is then tested by the loyal fan base of users, which then results in another beta,,, ad-infinitum

MS release weekly patches and hope for the best..!!
2018-1-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHawk420 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:25
Did not see this in time. How long will it take for DJI to come up with a fix?

Just about the time apple releases 11.4 and everything gets screwed up again, history tells me this....
2018-1-25
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules