Notice on compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO or D...
45124 192 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elduro1342
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123619 ft
United States

Will happen  With the android people For the OTG cable I bought a spark like 3 weeks ago And I know we have issues with the OTG cable but I see in YouTube that everybody who have Apple they don't have problems fix that for the people of android
2018-1-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the new FW ready yet?
2018-1-27
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Wow, I need to be a lot more careful before allowing iOS upgrades. Thanks
2018-1-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the fix ready yet?
2018-1-28
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Downgrade the app not the os...   https://hypedphoto.com/dronevideos/dji-go-older-versions/

Also a couple of how to videos on same page.

There is also a custom Mixed firmware that fixes the 1080p 60fps camera issue now allowing for good quality 1080p 60fps footage
2018-1-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man, it's weird to see two recent compatibility issues with IOS.  DJI needs to pick up its game.  Any fix yet for this moderators?  Perhaps an update?
2018-1-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Thanks for posting.  Can you point me on the procedure to install?  Thanks in advance.
2018-1-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2018-1-28 06:21
Downgrade the app not the os...   http://hypedphoto.com/storage/DJI_Go_IOS_App_Older_Versions/

I sent you a PM with some questions

Rich
2018-1-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is a link to roll back to a older iOS. Keep in mind it is talking about rolling back from 11 to 10.0.3  but this is the same for rolling back to 11.1.2  see the software link by device type with instructions in the article

downgrade iOS and roll back to older version

Rich
2018-1-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-28 08:36
Thanks for posting.  Can you point me on the procedure to install?  Thanks in advance.

Plus 1

Same question, great information on previous DJI Go App versions

Rich

2018-1-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

11.2.5 isn't playing well with Ford vehicles either.

Apple 11.2.5 no longer connects to Fords audio system.

iOS 11 has been a disaster for me with screen "Disconnects" in GO 4 with iPad Air 2 and newest iPad Pro 10.5" both.  Maybe iOS 11.3 coming in Feb. or March will fix their USB port issues.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_KArvnu0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34472 ft
United States

that is why my app is messed up
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_KArvnu0
lvl.4
United States

how long till it is fixed
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_KArvnu0
lvl.4
United States

how long till fixed
2018-1-28
Use props
jon2o4
lvl.2
Australia

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:32
DJI are you aware that apple seeds several betas for some time before the release? other companies install them and fix their software ahead of release

Amen.  This seems like a bit of a disconnect DJI can work on.  Was the same when iPhone X came out -  months of dev doc and test platform availability but launched with DJI Go broken. While most others were updated before launch or within a week, due to prior testing I can only assume.
2018-1-28
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2018-1-28 06:21
Downgrade the app not the os...   http://hypedphoto.com/storage/DJI_Go_IOS_App_Older_Versions/

Isn't the repository basically useless since each IOS app is tied directly to your AppleID. So the only old version of IOS apps that you can use, are ones that you have used and backed up on your own iPhone or Ipad before.
2018-1-28
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

This whole ordeal is uncalled for. Wait 8 months for a fix only to knock out our signal strength giving us green and black screens and disconnections and being told to roll back our devices and skip out on security fixes for our devices, UNACCEPTABLE, How bout this DJI, How bout you letting us roll back before your pitiful .106 update in July that your filthy Business practice made it mandatory to upgrade to.  They say it affects the drones with HDMI, no DJI ITS AFFECTING ALL OF THEM. Another thing I’m tired of is the forum mouthpieces saying its only affecting a small portion of phantom owners. Hog-wash
2018-1-28
Use props
N8JYF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2122077 ft
United States

Hopefully the absence of DJI moderators on this forum means they were all "at training" this weekend?
I have spent over $6K on their products in the past two years.  I am now looking at a different company to consider.  What good is 360deg, AutoPano etc when it won't fly . . . ?

Any suggestions of another company to try to fly?  I was saving for an Inspire 2 and X7.
2018-1-28
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

A quick search shows problems with IOS 11.2.5
So is it all down to DJI..??
2018-1-28
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-28 20:17
A quick search shows problems with IOS 11.2.5
So is it all down to DJI..??

Yes, It is up to DJI TO MAKE SURE their program is compatible with all os and iOS releases. Android and Aplple give their new releases out to companies so they can comply with the compatibility problems if any, and while android and Apple are making the new releases they have the beta step programs for companies to use to help stay compatible with new releases, but instead DJI JUST lets their consumer base be their test monkeys.
2018-1-28
Use props
Grumpybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593356 ft
Switzerland

Any ETA on a fix please?
2018-1-29
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

N8JYF Posted at 2018-1-28 19:43
Hopefully the absence of DJI moderators on this forum means they were all "at training" this weekend?
I have spent over $6K on their products in the past two years.  I am now looking at a different company to consider.  What good is 360deg, AutoPano etc when it won't fly . . . ?

The moderators are here and replying to other threads...guess Mavic Air  is all what they can see know.

One moderator replied, but with  nothing new...

Mod reply
2018-1-29
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

I need a fix ASAP. I cannot even fly. Gaaaahhhhhllleeeeee!!! My phantom 4 was great for first two weeks I had it. After that it’s been constant issues. I think DJI should offer a buy back program or upgrade program. This sh%t brazy!
2018-1-29
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

And dji says oh just roll back iOS. Ha ha ha. Can’t even roll back dji firmware. Phantom 4 owners should all file complaint to better business bureau.
2018-1-29
Use props
Photo Hunter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31772 ft
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2018-1-28 21:45
Yes, It is up to DJI TO MAKE SURE their program is compatible with all os and iOS releases. Android and Aplple give their new releases out to companies so they can comply with the compatibility problems if any, and while android and Apple are making the new releases they have the beta step programs for companies to use to help stay compatible with new releases, but instead DJI JUST lets their consumer base be their test monkeys.

Apple shares culpability in this.  Clearly iOS 11.2.5 is buggy as F___ & is affecting lots of things including the devises running it & it alone.

Having said that, I see no reason why DJI could not make previous versions of the Go 4 app & aircraft firmware available to it's customer without us having to jump through countless hoops.  In that regard, DJI as a company is dropping the ball.
2018-1-29
Use props
Sq2nnu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 770167 ft
Sweden

Sq2nnu Posted at 2018-1-27 16:17
It is true. I have Phantom 4  hdmi module and Ipad 5.  iOS 11.2.5
It does not work and I'm very angry.
I checked the lichi and it's ok.

Ios 11.2.5  go to ios 11.3 Beata and is everything OK!!!!
2018-1-29
Use props
RebeccaDouglas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660295 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, I am running Go 4, 4.2.4 and iOS 10.1.1 and I experienced the app freezing 5 minutes into flying....brought P4P back, landed, re-booted app, seemed to be working. Repeated this several times and each time I flew, 5 minutes in same thing. I am not running the iOS you mention that is causing issues, yet I am still having the same issues......what do I do?

Is it safe to reboot DJI Go app while P4P is airborne? As I am losing valuable time on client work landing, rebooting and taking off again.
2018-1-29
Use props
Takeoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
Australia

Hi DJI Support. I was not aware of all these problems until I updated IOS 11.2.5 recently. Then I updated the latest DJI Go app on my iPhone 7+. After the app update, my phone screen displays the disconnected message. In the camera mode (P3Pro), my phone screen is blank. I then removed the DJI Go app from my iPhone7+ and reinstall the app again. The disconnect problem is still there. I tested the aircraft by pushing both sticks down and it works so I know the AC & the RC are linked successfully. Definitely it is the app that is defective. The worst thing to happen is that I lost all my flight records and movie clips. When I go to Editor, there was NOTHING at all. How can I recover all my flight records ?
2018-1-29
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2018-1-28 21:45

Sorry...

But it is "your" decision to run Beta and be at the bleeding edge
Why should DJI accommodate this, now they have another beta 11.3..??
I suspect part of the reason why there are issues is they are "trying" to keep up,
rather than coding against "known" fixed releases.

Obviously we all have our own views on this.
Mine are based on working in IT/Technology since 1978
2018-1-29
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-29 07:56
Sorry...

But it is "your" decision to run Beta and be at the bleeding edge

I am not sure about anyone's situation but my own but I am not running any beta versions of any software or firmware.  I ran updates to iOS and DJI Go 4 that were public released versions of both.  Now my Phantom Pro 4 w HDMI Module will not function properly.  The controller connects to the drone but the Go 4 app shows disconnected and does not function.  It has no telemetry or or video.

I can't speak from the years in directly the IT the business like you but I guess I don't understand. DJI's software must run within someone else's operating system to function.  Given that fact I am not sure how DJI does not carry the blame for this.  Perhaps not all the blame but my phone runs and functions fine as does my iPad and all the other applications run fine on them except the DJI software.  Again not in the business but if I am a software developer/manufacturer and my expectation is that i am going to design a program to run on another companies device and operating environment and it is that companies fault that my software won't work is just silly.  If that is the the order of precedence  in software development then no wonder their are compatibility issues.

Those are my thoughts and they are based on many years of experience as a consumer with reasonable expectations of dependability and functionality of a device I paid a fairly substantial amount of money for about 6 months ago.  Again with all respect to your thoughts and opinion DJI's software is the only thing not functioning correctly after updating my phone or tablet's operating system.  I think most people would see this as DJI's  problem.  It dosen't take much internet research to find that software/FW issues with DJI are not an infrequent complaint from their users and I have had those kind of problems as well.

All that said I love the DJI products I own when they work like they should.  The technology is truly amazing.  I wish DJI and Apple and apparently Android would get together however it should happen so that I and others like me have devices that operate together like they are supposed to and like I paid for them to so I can fly it.

Edited to add:

The guys with the Fords in the article you linked earlier can't use their iPhones/Ipods on their morning drive to work.  That would make me unhappy as well and I would expect Ford and Apple to fix it but their is one significant difference between the two stories.  My drone is useless without the Apple device the Fords can still get you to work without the iPhone.  It is not a critical componet of the system.

2018-1-29
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-29 09:03
I am not sure about anyone's situation but my own but I am not running any beta versions of any software or firmware.  I ran updates to iOS and DJI Go 4 that were public released versions of both.  Now my Phantom Pro 4 w HDMI Module will not function properly.  The controller connects to the drone but the Go 4 app shows disconnected and does not function.  It has no telemetry or or video.

I can't speak from the years in directly the IT the business like you but I guess I don't understand. DJI's software must run within someone else's operating system to function.  Given that fact I am not sure how DJI does not carry the blame for this.  Perhaps not all the blame but my phone runs and functions fine as does my iPad and all the other applications run fine on them except the DJI software.  Again not in the business but if I am a software developer/manufacturer and my expectation is that i am going to design a program to run on another companies device and operating environment and it is that companies fault that my software won't work is just silly.  If that is the the order of precedence  in software development then no wonder their are compatibility issues.

As I say I can only give you may opinion.

The whole Apple approach to Hardware(proprietary), Walled Garden Software, Software releases etc
Will have some saying "Great" others "Stifles' Innovation" , stifles 3rd party development, like DJI.

MS on the other hand have different issues, as well as bugs that frustrate many, costs, licencing etc..

My biggest issue with Apple is they do public BETA...
1. They expect consumers to test "their" software
2. It set's false expectations to consumers that Software Developers can just change at the drop of a hat.

From "my" experience each time a developer changes code to accommodate a new release
they not only have to test what they have just changed, they also re-test the full application again, regression.

So imagine they get a "new" IOS Beta every few weeks... a lot of work on their $$

I'm no real expert, I'm not a DJI Fanboy, I'm just a "Realist with Realistic Expectations"
2018-1-29
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Ok.  I think I am being a realist with realistic expectations as well.  Do we agree that it is realistic for me to expect my drone to operate properly with my DJI supported device using public released copies versions of software/firmware?  Do we agree that this is on DJI it work with whomever necessary so their product works?
2018-1-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The Go app version 3 was updated in the same day as the iOS. Now i have iOS 11.2.5 and the go app version 3.1.26 and with my P3S i got all data and a life picture on the ground. If the weather allows it then i make a test in the air. I think these issues are present on all light bridge AC´s as P3A/P all P4´s and Mavics as well.
2018-1-29
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

Peterx Posted at 2018-1-29 11:24
The Go app version 3 was updated in the same day as the iOS. Now i have iOS 11.2.5 and the go app version 3.1.26 and with my P3S i got all data and a life picture on the ground. If the weather allows it then i make a test in the air. I think these issues are present on all light bridge AC´s as P3A/P all P4´s and Mavics as well.

the above story of Peterx is right i think
I can confirm, I also have a PS3 with a brand new Ipad4 mini and have no problems with the GO-App 3.1.26 and IOS 11.2.5.
All system on green, incl telemetry and live camera.

Just wanna let you now.

Regards,
2018-1-29
Use props
daev1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't Worry, Be Happy. Just buy a new drone and wait a bit.
2018-1-29
Use props
Shadowhunter
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
United Kingdom

I had the iOS 11.2.2 on both my iPad Pro and iPhone 7. I haven’t had my drone out for months and charged it up a few days ago. Weather prevented it going out until today. I connected my DJI phantom 3 advanced to my controller via my iPad Pro and a
2018-1-29
Use props
Shadowhunter
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
United Kingdom

My iPad Pro was on 11.2.2 and I hadn’t updated. Today I connected the pro to the controller and booted it up along with my phantom 3 advanced. All was fine and I was able to open the app, go to camera view and have a quick lift off. Only 1ft off the ground as it was windy and I wanted to test the flight. I landed it back as I wasn’t seeing anything via the camera. It then alerted me to update the firmware along with my gimbal saying it was unconnected. From there it came up Aircraft unconnected so I shut it down. I updated firmware , booted the drone and controller back up later only the controller wouldn’t connect to the drone. I tried numerous ways and nothing. I was also stuck on the “ how to connect “ part on the page. It wouldn’t change to “ camera view” therefore I couldn’t get in to calibrate the gimbal or compass. Read a few forums and watched videos but nothing . I figured if the firmware updated I’d have to update my iOS which I now have done but still nothing. Note both my phone and iPad weren’t updated to iOS 11.5.2 and both had this problem. It could be something in the latest firmware as that’s when mine went wrong.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61319 ft
United States

Today my Spark started taking two pictures for every (one) press of the  shutter. I was useing an IPhone 7,  actually it did the same thing on another iPhone 7.  Could this be an  because  of the  compatibility issues, I have not updated to the latest IOS 11.2.5
2018-1-29
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI is working on the problem and released a new GO version 3.1.27
2018-1-29
Use props
fanscf5de830
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023320 ft
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-1-29 09:03

I can't speak from the years in directly the IT the business like you but I guess I don't understand. DJI's software must run within someone else's operating system to function.  Given that fact I am not sure how DJI does not carry the blame for this.  Perhaps not all the blame but my phone runs and functions fine as does my iPad and all the other applications run fine on them except the DJI software.  Again not in the business but if I am a software developer/manufacturer and my expectation is that i am going to design a program to run on another companies device and operating environment and it is that companies fault that my software won't work is just silly.  If that is the the order of precedence  in software development then no wonder their are compatibility issues.

I’m sure Ford is not going to take six months to fix the problem with Apple devices in their cars.Like some companies do.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules