4015 12 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have tried to upload videos directly to Skypixel a number of times and almost all of the time it fails.  Once published the video says it is "compressing" and a while later is says it failed and to try again.  I typically upload 1080P 30fps with a 15mbps datarate.  Is there a preferred video format?Please add a comment on your Skypixel experience.  NOTE I am not linking to a YouTube video.

Skypixel Failure

Skypixel Failure
2018-1-24
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Today I tried once more, this time with a highly compressed 1080P video file.  Data rate was a mere 6 Mbps, only a 50MB file and still a failure to process.  Admins, what's wrong with Skypixel?

Going Going

Going Going

Gone Again

Gone Again
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-1-25 17:17
Today I tried once more, this time with a highly compressed 1080P video file.  Data rate was a mere 6 Mbps, only a 50MB file and still a failure to process.  Admins, what's wrong with Skypixel?

Sir, did you try to change the Internet connection? Please try to upload the video through your phone. If the problem remains, please inform us. I would help you forward it.
2018-1-28
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 01:15
Sir, did you try to change the Internet connection? Please try to upload the video through your phone. If the problem remains, please inform us. I would help you forward it.

Hi Elekta, I uploaded a video from the GO app and after a short while it was active on my Skypixel page.  I then uploaded a video from my Windows computer.  It uploaded with no problem.  After it was uploaded I pressed the PUBLISH button.  Here is where things fail.  My page says the "the video is compressing" for a very long time.  Then is says upload failed, try again.  I uploaded a video that has the same data rate as videos on Skypixel ~4mbps so the file should not need any compression.  If you check out my page ONE of my videos DID upload and compress correctly.  Its called "Welcome to Hummingbird UAV" with the white background.  The black background one is from a YouTube link.Hopefully your techs can figure this out.
Failed uploads 6.JPG
Failed uploads 7.JPG
Failed uploads 8.JPG
2018-1-28
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

So after much work a managed to transfer my Mavic Pro Digital Zoom video into GO4 video editor on an iPad.  Without any editing I shared it to Skypixel.  It uploaded quickly and was view-able almost instantly.  Logical conclusion is that something is wrong on DJI's server which is used by Skypixel.  It doesn't process files uploaded from a Windows PC.
Failed uploads 9.JPG
2018-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Is there any particular reason you don't use YouTube?
2018-1-31
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-31 22:10
Is there any particular reason you don't use YouTube?

I am also a member of the DJI Chinese forum.  It does not accept YouTube links but Skypixel links work.

DJI China

DJI China
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-1-28 22:17
Hi Elekta, I uploaded a video from the GO app and after a short while it was active on my Skypixel page.  I then uploaded a video from my Windows computer.  It uploaded with no problem.  After it was uploaded I pressed the PUBLISH button.  Here is where things fail.  My page says the "the video is compressing" for a very long time.  Then is says upload failed, try again.  I uploaded a video that has the same data rate as videos on Skypixel ~4mbps so the file should not need any compression.  If you check out my page ONE of my videos DID upload and compress correctly.  Its called "Welcome to Hummingbird UAV" with the white background.  The black background one is from a YouTube link.Hopefully your techs can figure this out.

Thanks for your update, I would forward this situation.
2018-2-2
Use props
userca71f79aa8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14619 ft

United States

I Am having the same problem and hope to see it fixed.
2018-4-17
Use props
maplechops
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3169 ft

I am trying to edit and complete/save a video. It's not an overly large video - under 2mins, I did add music and filters but it has been sitting for the last 10 mins at 0%. Is there a way I can speed this up? Thanks
2018-5-10
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

maplechops Posted at 2018-5-10 11:56
I am trying to edit and complete/save a video. It's not an overly large video - under 2mins, I did add music and filters but it has been sitting for the last 10 mins at 0%. Is there a way I can speed this up? Thanks

I have not uploaded and videos lately however the only way I could get it to work was edit video on my PC, transfer to a microSD card and import to my iPad.  Transfer from the Photo's app to the Go4 app and then share it to Skypixel.
(Just tried another PC upload on 10 May, speed was fast, hit 99.9% and then failed.)
Capture.JPG

2018-5-10
Use props
maplechops
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3169 ft

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-5-10 12:29
I have not uploaded and videos lately however the only way I could get it to work was edit video on my PC, transfer to a microSD card and import to my iPad.  Transfer from the Photo's app to the Go4 app and then share it to Skypixel.
(Just tried another PC upload on 10 May, speed was fast, hit 99.9% and then failed.)
[view_image]

I was trying to avoid uploading to my pc but that looks like it might have to be the case. I will need to find software and everything now ...
2018-5-10
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Video uploads from a PC to Skypixel still do not work.  Uploads to 100% and then dies and says upload failed, try again.
To make matters worse you can no longer link videos from YouTube or Vimeo.

Has anyone got this to work?
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules