Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iceman#1 Posted at 2018-1-31 05:41
Sure thing Ocusync is undoubted way better, but as we are talking about the Air here, let's skip it

We're talking about transmission and how it works on these drones which is why many posts before mine have referenced OcuSync - so NO, I won't 'skip it' thanks!
2018-1-31
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-31 05:51
We're talking about transmission and how it works on these drones which is why many posts before mine have referenced OcuSync - so NO, I won't 'skip it' thanks!

The topic is marked as "Mavic Air" topic. So why talking about Mavic Pro transmission method?
2018-1-31
Use props
MarWu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11555 ft
Germany

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 05:25
LOL. Guys, the air blows. The distance blows. The battery life blows. Not sure how many video's have to be done before people realize it.

Seriously? All you are doing in every single thread about the Mavic Air is just beeing grumpy. I don't want to be rude but please let the people talk about technic specifications and their own expectations, let them be excited about their new toy and just let the time proof if you are right with all your pessimistic opinions about the Mavic Air, maybe you are and all the hype was for nothing. We all know that the MP is better in some categories.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iceman#1 Posted at 2018-1-31 05:57
The topic is marked as "Mavic Air" topic. So why talking about Mavic Pro transmission method?

Your thread is not titled 'Mavic Air' and its posted in the general Mavic forum and you even include the Spark in your original post. Also, your post number 34 in this thread makes me have to ask why you are raising such a question with me in the first place given that you posted a video comparing the Air with the Pro - thats a little hypocritical wouldn't you say... But I'm glad you now finally understand the difference and why OcuSync is superior to WiFi only.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

MarWu Posted at 2018-1-31 06:01
Seriously? All you are doing in every single thread about the Mavic Air is just beeing grumpy. I don't want to be rude but please let the people talk about technic specifications and their own expectations, let them be excited about their new toy and just let the time proof if you are right with all your pessimistic opinions about the Mavic Air, maybe you are and all the hype was for nothing. We all know that the MP is better in some categories.

So people are allowed to talk good, but not bad about what they observe from their purchases? Why am I not allowed to give my opinion? Only positive reviews allowed? That's a good way to ruin a forum........
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 06:22
So people are allowed to talk good, but not bad about what they observe from their purchases? Why am I not allowed to give my opinion? Only positive reviews allowed? That's a good way to ruin a forum........

You’ve turned your life around. You used to be depressed and miserable. Now your miserable and depressed.”
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

lol, good one. I almost believed you when you said it. Then I realize you don't know a thing about me, and I feel better now. Carry on.

I do love how the DJI fanboys feel the need to personally insult me though. What color is the DJI flag you fly?
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 06:31
lol, good one. I almost believed you when you said it. Then I realize you don't know a thing about me, and I feel better now. Carry on.

I do love how the DJI fanboys feel the need to personally insult me though. What color is the DJI flag you fly?

You speak the same diatribe on every thread you post in, nothing but denigrating all before and after you.
Then your best shot is to use the much used fanboy comment, I expected much more originality, but alas it seem your just all mouth and no trousers.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

All mouth and no trousers...... Says the guy from behind a keyboard thousands of miles away........So brave.

My messege isn't complex, so why complicate it? I am just driving it home. It appears the only people throwing insults, are people like you. Pot calling the kennel black type of thing. The question is, did it make you feel better?
2018-1-31
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 05:25
LOL. Guys, the air blows. The distance blows. The battery life blows. Not sure how many video's have to be done before people realize it.

Thanks for your very valuable inputs, and really appreciate you taking the time to type it out in every single MA thread..  i am giving mine away.. for free..  
2018-1-31
Use props
MarWu
lvl.2
Germany

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 06:31
lol, good one. I almost believed you when you said it. Then I realize you don't know a thing about me, and I feel better now. Carry on.

I really like your sense of humor and as I said nothing was meant be rude. Negative opinions are welcome and I am for sure not any kind of a fanboy. You said somewhere in the forum that if there was a competitive in the market with the same level of quality and technology many people wouldn't buy dji's products anymore. And yes, that's true. There ist a lot of marketing and many unkept promises from dji. So I am definetly not a fanboy who doesn't see the things dji does wrong. However...jumping in on every single MA thread with some unproven comments is as helpfull in the discussion as the overwhelmed oppinions of the fanboys just falling for the hype about the new drone.
2018-2-1
Use props
MarWu
lvl.2
Germany

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 06:22
So people are allowed to talk good, but not bad about what they observe from their purchases? Why am I not allowed to give my opinion? Only positive reviews allowed? That's a good way to ruin a forum........

You are right. Reading my post again it sounds like I don't want any kind of negative opinions and you are totally right, that's the best and fastest way to ruin a forum. But...that wasn't the intention of my post at all. All I wanted to say is that your constant negativ posts are somehow useless. Point out your opinion, constitute it and it'll be able to discuss your oppinion.
2018-2-1
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Guys, please take that to the offtopic part of the forum.
@admin please clean the thread from offtopic posts
2018-2-1
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

a good reminder not to push the range too hard
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

This looks like typical clickbait... Especially because of "To be continued..." part.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

iceman#1 Posted at 2018-2-2 00:09
a good reminder not to push the range too hard

Mavic Pro would have made it..........
Pilot made a mistake flying with the wind on the first part of his flight and not compinsating for it. His fault, but he reconized it right away and had an excape plan. Made a mistake but was able to make good decitions from there. He also should have dropped his altitude consideribly, less wind.

He skipped part of the video, but what was the flight time on that battery? The % drops like a rock every second he flys. The Mavic Pro might have double the flight time.......by the looks of this video
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

The problem of (extended) WiFi vs. Ocusync, as I see it, is NOT with the range (thus making invalid all those VLOS purists arguments) but with resistance to the interference. (Extended) WiFi is very interference prone while I have a feeling Ocusync link could withstand AWACS grade of active jamming and still fly without any problems. So there is far more greater freedom of where you can fly with Ocusync vs. (e)Wifi. Which leads me to some interesting conspiracy theory....
2018-2-2
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-2 05:55
The problem of (extended) WiFi vs. Ocusync, as I see it, is NOT with the range (thus making invalid all those VLOS purists arguments) but with resistance to the interference. (Extended) WiFi is very interference prone while I have a feeling Ocusync link could withstand AWACS grade of active jamming and still fly without any problems. So there is far more greater freedom of where you can fly with Ocusync vs. (e)Wifi. Which leads me to some interesting conspiracy theory....

for me the lack of Ocusync is the only flaw the Air does have. With Ocusync it would be a dream drone, which could be my daily driver for years.
2018-2-5
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 03:54
Mavic Pro would have made it..........
Pilot made a mistake flying with the wind on the first part of his flight and not compinsating for it. His fault, but he reconized it right away and had an excape plan. Made a mistake but was able to make good decitions from there. He also should have dropped his altitude consideribly, less wind.

exactly, absolutely pilots fault. Maybe he did it on purpose to gain clicks?!
2018-2-5
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

very impressive (FCC):
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules