2483 34 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

I now realize that ordering through the mail might not be the way to go. I recieved mine Nov. 5th from a pre-order. If I would have bought from a store I would have simply returned the defective drones. I've been without mine since pre-order. I've recieved 3 lemons in a row. We'll see if the 4th works.. I still don't have it.

I didn't want to make a $1400.00 investment to get a working drone some number of months later. Of course, the most I get is a we're sorry.. but that is it. Absolutely nothing else. It seems like an aweful lot of money for so many defective products.

Sorry.. I'm not happy about this. I've been a loyal fan up until now.

2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Same problem, different problems?
2018-1-24
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

I understand your pain, had to wait 7 months to get my Mavic Pro. Can't you ask for a refund and then go to a local dealer ?
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What issues did you have with them?
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Vincent. Posted at 2018-1-24 08:08
I understand your pain, had to wait 7 months to get my Mavic Pro. Can't you ask for a refund and then go to a local dealer ?

I pre-ordered it
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

First problem was the IMU sensor. 2nd  it was camera gimbal stopped moving. 3rd is IMU sensor (different failure). I haven't received my 4th.

The thing that really sucks.. this entire time I've been without my drone.. the warranty still ticks down on it. At the rate I am going it could literally wear off before I have a working, non-defective drone.

This is really depressing.
2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-24 08:24
First problem was the IMU sensor. 2nd  it was camera gimbal stopped moving. 3rd is IMU sensor (different failure). I haven't received my 4th.

The thing that really sucks.. this entire time I've been without my drone.. the warranty still ticks down on it. At the rate I am going it could literally wear off before I have a working, non-defective drone.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Hope you get a working model soon -- seems like they should extend your warranty coverage in compensation for your trouble.
2018-1-24
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62129 ft
United States

I also know they will expedite shipping to speed up the process with multiple returns due to warranty issues. That's what happened to me and I got next day air shipping both ways after I complained and the case was elevated.
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-24 08:46
Yikes, sorry to hear that. Hope you get a working model soon -- seems like they should extend your warranty coverage in compensation for your trouble.

No they are not I get nothing but a "we're sorry" and that is literally it.
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:56
I also know they will expedite shipping to speed up the process with multiple returns due to warranty issues. That's what happened to me and I got next day air shipping both ways after I complained and the case was elevated.

I wish. They didn't even do that little for me. I got a "we're sorry" and that was literally it. They just told me they aren't extending the warranty either.
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2018-1-24 08:56

Oh.. and I'm not sure how much more vocal I can be. I'm trying to be nice. I've been a loyal DJI fan. I own many of their products.

I can't tell you how much this bums me out
2018-1-24
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Similar problems when I tried to buy a P4P Obsidian. After 3 bad ones, I bought an original white one.
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-24 09:59
Similar problems when I tried to buy a P4P Obsidian. After 3 bad ones, I bought an original white one.

If they give me the ability to buy something else I would consider that. So far they haven't offered anything. Not a single thing.

I think DJI hates me
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG - that’s bad! I’m sorry to hear that. Perhaps by raising it on here somebody will take personal ownership of your case. I dealt with one person when I returned my P4P in Nov’16 and he was great. Kept me posted all the way. Took 4 weeks but a perfect drone returned. I wish you luck on your fourth and hopefully final replacement.
2018-1-24
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62129 ft
United States

I think think DJI generally underestimates the US consumers expectation for customer service. If a company does not deliver as expected for a high cost product, the find that unacceptable and should at least be compensated with a perfect replacement in a timely manner. Not sure if Chinese companies have a limited code of ethics in this area.  Of course, if there was a decent competitor out their it would also help.
2018-1-24
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

I have a P4P and a Mavic both are in the shop getting shipped out today I just hope they will fly
2018-1-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-24 14:01
OMG - that’s bad! I’m sorry to hear that. Perhaps by raising it on here somebody will take personal ownership of your case. I dealt with one person when I returned my P4P in Nov’16 and he was great. Kept me posted all the way. Took 4 weeks but a perfect drone returned. I wish you luck on your fourth and hopefully final replacement.

Yeah it's been basically that x3 I received mine Nov. 5th. I still don't have a working drone.
2018-1-25
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Got my drone in November. Have not had one single flight where the app doesn't drop. Been asking DJI almost daily what the problem is. Once in a  while they respond with something I have clearly told them I have tried, then another month goes by before a response. Really drives you mad when you save for months to receive a piece of crap.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-24 08:24

The thing that really sucks.. this entire time I've been without my drone.. the warranty still ticks down on it. At the rate I am going it could literally wear off before I have a working, non-defective drone.

Sir, did you contact our support? Please provide us the case number so that we can look into your case. We would like to help you solve the problem. Thanks for your patience and support.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-24 09:59
Similar problems when I tried to buy a P4P Obsidian. After 3 bad ones, I bought an original white one.

Sir, did you fix your problem? If not, we are willing to help and please provide us your case number. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-28
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 00:51
Sir, did you fix your problem? If not, we are willing to help and please provide us your case number. Thanks for your support.

I purchased them from Amazon so I sent them back. The white one works great.
2018-1-28
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 00:51

Yeah i'm supposed to get a 4th drone on Tues. No expedited shipping. Nothing to make it up to me. At least other people like me got expedited shipping.. I guess DJI hates me even though I own 4 of their products.
2018-1-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem buying the phantom 4 Pro when it first came out, after 3 lemons in a row I gave up and received a refund..
2018-1-28
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here is a fun update.. this replacement they sent me has a defective USB cover. One of the TAB is so weak plastic the cover won't stay in. NIce. It will be another month Another month of warranty burned up. Another month without my $1400.00 investment. Another month I will feel like DJI just effing hates me because I don't get expedited shipping or treated as a valued customer

4 bad drones in a row. SMDH
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-28 07:46
I purchased them from Amazon so I sent them back. The white one works great.

Thanks for you update. And we are willing to help if you encounter problem with your white one.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-28 07:56
Yeah i'm supposed to get a 4th drone on Tues. No expedited shipping. Nothing to make it up to me. At least other people like me got expedited shipping.. I guess DJI hates me even though I own 4 of their products.

Sir, sorry to let you disappointed. Did you contact our support about the situation? Please provide us the case number so we can check the status for you.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-1 04:53
Sir, sorry to let you disappointed. Did you contact our support about the situation? Please provide us the case number so we can check the status for you.

Of course, I did. And I'm having my doubts right now but here are my cases.

CAS-1394175-W8N2Y6
CAS-1319730-H7W5C1
CAS-1224622-G0G1Q8

Newest Case
CAS-1456184-P1R9C0
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The other thing is that I am not thrilled about getting a used/rebuilt/refurb whatever it is .. I paid for a new one. I would think I would get a new, working, non-defective drone. I paid for that and haven't gotten it. Sending me used drones is very disingenuous when I've never had a working new drone.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

If you want to look into it and make sure they contact me I'd appreciate that. Last time I was told someone would contact me, the case was left high and dry and added a half week on to my already horrible wait time.
2018-2-1
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-1 08:06
If you want to look into it and make sure they contact me I'd appreciate that. Last time I was told someone would contact me, the case was left high and dry and added a half week on to my already horrible wait time.

All this is so unfair... hope the very best for you.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-1 08:44
All this is so unfair... hope the very best for you.

Thank you! I'm beyond frustrated right now   I don't drink but I think I might start..
2018-2-1
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-1 08:52
Thank you! I'm beyond frustrated right now   I don't drink but I think I might start..

"beyond frustrated"..!
I think I would cry in frustration and would have broken big holes in everything around me... But keep up, because this can not possibly continue indefinitely. It must be your turn to get some luck.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Now that today is over... going on three days to talk to someone about this. My god this is effing painful.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Any chance you can tell then to hurry up so I can either a. Finally get a working, non-defective, non-used drone...or b. Get a refund.

The wait on this is beyond ridiculous
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-1 13:50
Any chance you can tell then to hurry up so I can either a. Finally get a working, non-defective, non-used drone...or b. Get a refund.

The wait on this is beyond ridiculous

Iverson, I am terribly sorry for the mishap and difficulties that you've been experiencing. I had checked your newest case, our support had forwarded it to the local management to look into and take care of this case. They will contact you asap, and I will keep an eye on your case, too. Really hope your case will be settled shortly. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules