Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
combination dual downward + upward gimbal
1588 4 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Hi all

I am very happy with the test I performed today. Some weeks ago, it was not possible to combine downward and upward gimbal, but after the last updates, this is possible.
First off all, attach the upward gimbal with port I of the dual downward gimbal.
I used these combinations:
  • X4S on the upward gimbal, Z30 on port II of dual downward gimbal
  • X4S on the upward gimbal, XT on port II of the dual downward gimbal
  • XT on the upward gimbal, Z30 on port II of the dual downward gimbal
  • Z30 on the upward gimbal, XT on port II of the dual downward gimbal
Because option 3 gave me some problems, I tested combination 4.

When you select 1 camera, you can pan and tilt that camera. Only that camera will turn. When you switch to the other camera, you can pan and tilt that camera and it will turn. When you sync the two cameras, and pan and tilt, they will turn together.
Only option 3 didn't work that way. When selecting one camera, you can pan and tilt it. When you switch to the other camera, you can do the same. But when you sync the 2 cameras, they don't move together. Only the XT camera on top will turn.

The last test I performed was in option 4. I had the cameras synced and I started recording. The recording started on both the cameras. When I switched from camera, I could see it. When stopping recording on 1 camera, it stopped on the other too. This is the same as I was telling in the post from the test with use of the dual downward gimbal as you can read in my post on
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=115035

Thank you DJI. Now we have all the possibilities of this drone and cameras with costed me more than € 30.000.

Please send me replies if you need more information.
2018-1-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi, thanks for sharing !
Do you see a drift when using Z30?

2018-1-24
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

No drift, but I did not zoom. I just tested it inside my room. I did not fly with it.
2018-1-24
Use props
fans697f150c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258422 ft
Greece

Great info !!! However would an xt2 and x5s fly at the same time ? as the fit on the same port i feel that it would not be possible.. right ?
2020-3-31
Use props
D.Raphael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
Israel

fans697f150c Posted at 3-31 01:22
Great info !!! However would an xt2 and x5s fly at the same time ? as the fit on the same port i feel that it would not be possible.. right ?

Hi
Not possible, since gimble I can't take the XT2 or the x5s.
If you have  the XT , you can use this confit.
I have both, when I put the XT with the ring adapter, after few flight's minutes, the gimble disconnect , like no  power on it. tried everything but without any solution. I. think it's a ring's problem.
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules