Need Advice on What to Buy for My Phantom 2
2063 6 2014-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kurtstoll
New

United States

Hi All,

I would like to add 2 capabilities to my Phantom 2, but I'm confused about what to buy. Can anyone offer some specifics (with links) ?

Here are some quick specs of what I have today:
- Phantom 2 Drone
- Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
- GoPro HERO 3+ (Black edition)
- Using the Out-Of-The-Box Remote Controller (Model DJ6)

1) The first capability I would like to add is First Person Video (FPV), so I can see what shot I am getting in real time.  Questions are:
     a) I'm pretty sure I need the iOSD mini, but would like confirmation.
     b) Do I need to buy a special antenna (either for my drone or for the remote controller)?  If so, what are your recommendations?  
     c) If I get the iOSD mini, do I need anything else (like the BTU Module?)  What is the BTU Module used for and how is it different from the iOSD mini?
     d) What is the Naza-M?  Is this already included in the Phantom 2 or do I need to buy one?
     e) What about the LightBridge? Should I consider getting this instead of the iOSD mini? What are the pros/cons?
     f) What should I purchase as a monitor and how can I clip it onto my Remote Controller?

2) The second capability I would like to add is the Ground Station, so I can program certain flight patterns.  Questions are:
     a) Will the Ground Station give me FPV so I don't have to purchase both?
     b) Does the Ground Station include everything or do I need to purchase extra parts?

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestions in advance!

Best, Kurt

2014-10-26
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Have a look at this guy's videos .
2014-10-26
Use props
kurtstoll
New

United States

Thanks xzgraham. I have watched this video, which helps to answer 1a (and maybe 1b and part of 1f), but doesn't answer any of the other questions.  Appreciate any other thoughts that you or others may have on this.
2014-10-26
Use props
kurtstoll
New

United States

OK, here is what I am going with so far:

For Question #1, I just purchased a Flysight Black Pearl All-in-One FPV Combo Package, which provides the following:
-  Includes Black Pearl RC801LR 7" Monitor with built in battery and 5.8 Ghz Dual Diversity 32 Channel Receiver, 12V Charger, Sun Screen, Long Range Mushroom Antenna and Long Range Panel Antenna, TX5802 5.8 Ghz Video Transmitter, Monitor Mounting Bracket, 4 pin cable, 6 pin cable, and DJI Phantom 2 FPV Hub cable.

Here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And, in addition, I purchased a DJI iOSD Mini.  

Here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is also how I understand these things to work together:
- The FPV Combo package is designed to do just what it says: Deliver First Person Video from the Phantom 2 to the Video Monitor mounted on my controller.
- While the iOSD is designed to also feed an overlay of real-time flight information over the video feed

Are descriptions I provided above correct?  Are there any details that I am missing?

Thanks
2014-10-26
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

You are on the right track with what you purchased  i  have seen this set up and the proof is in video no booster amps used

Ask him all you want and he will reply .
I know he uses one of these attached to the back of his black pearl monitor
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk ... c-duo5800-diversity
He also uses Horizon antennas
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi kurtstoll,
The lightbridge includes iosd function.If you use the lightbridge then there is no need iosd.
The lightbridge can give you FPV but to use GS, you need to purchase GS.
The weight of the phantom 2(Battery & Propellers included) is 1030g while the total weight of the drone can not be over 1300g.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Kurtstoll,
The lightbridge includes iosd function and give you FPV.
The weight of the phantom 2(Battery & Propellers included) is 1030g while the total weight of the drone can not be over 1300g.
2014-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules