How many IMU's and Compass has the new Mavic Air?
4048 12 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I have a question and can't find the answer.
Spark has a lot of flyaways due to compass error's and yaw errors . The Mavic Pro have double imu's and compasses...
What's about the Mavic Air?
2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Here's what the website says:
Multiple Redundancies

Besides dual IMUs, FlightAutonomy 2.0 has more redundant modules to increase the Mavic Air’s safety level. The Vision Compass will assist the navigation system to estimate flight direction when the compass experiences interference. When only one direction of the front, bottom, or rear vision systems is functioning normally, the aircraft will still position itself successfully. There are two sets of sensor fusion algorithms based on two independent hardware platforms. When an error occurs to one set of algorithms, the aircraft will switch to the other pair seamlessly to resume normal functionality.

Wonder what are the salient differences between the "Vision Compass" and the regular old compass?

2018-1-24
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-24 10:09
Multiple RedundanciesBesides dual IMUs, FlightAutonomy 2.0 has more redundant modules to increase the Mavic Air’s safety level. The Vision Compass will assist the navigation system to estimate flight direction when the compass experiences interference. When only one direction of the front, bottom, or rear vision systems is functioning normally, the aircraft will still position itself successfully. There are two sets of sensor fusion algorithms based on two independent hardware platforms. When an error occurs to one set of algorithms, the aircraft will switch to the other pair seamlessly to resume normal functionality.
Wonder what are the salient differences between the "Vision Compass" and the regular old compass?

Oooo. That may mean no B-ATTI mode for Mavic Air pilots, when Mavic switches to ATTI mode, throws a lot of compass errors and cannot hold orientation or position (at which point it is best to gain altitude and wait for the fit to pass)
2018-1-24
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United States

I Hope it has more than DJI MAVIC PRO
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jos, Mavic air has dual IMU and a compass. Please contact us if you have more questions. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-28
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s fitted with Duel IMU, standard compass and vision compass.

2018-1-28
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Mavic Air arrived in the Netherlands, 849 euro's @ schiphol airport.
2018-1-28
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-28 01:51
Mavic Air arrived in the Netherlands, 849 euro's @ schiphol airport.

Ga je deze kopen?
Laat vooral even weten hoe ver het bereik is als je aan de rand vliegt van bebouwing.

Are you buying this?
Let us know the max. flight distance when flying nearby civilization
2018-1-28
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

No, i don't buy it, I own a spark and mavic, both have  issues with fw and  GOapp.
I am happy that I found a 4.1.15(mod) app which is very stable and works on my Samsung A5(2017) and asus tablet.
First must DJI fixed the issues with this drones. I hope for eveyone who buy the Mavic Air that they have no issues.
It all started when DJI act like a policeman and made adjustments in the fw and implement an antiroll back firmware encrypted etc. which caused a lot of trouble.
Then the screw the dji go 4 app after version 4.1.15, I have no OTG for my spark, which almost lost my spark. My Mavic Pro has issues 4.1.18 video lags, 4.1.22 and newest 4.2.4 , app crashed now and then and lost connection @ 700 mtr.
I have no faith in DJI, I hope it come back.
2018-1-28
Use props
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 731565 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-24 10:09
Multiple RedundanciesBesides dual IMUs, FlightAutonomy 2.0 has more redundant modules to increase the Mavic Air’s safety level. The Vision Compass will assist the navigation system to estimate flight direction when the compass experiences interference. When only one direction of the front, bottom, or rear vision systems is functioning normally, the aircraft will still position itself successfully. There are two sets of sensor fusion algorithms based on two independent hardware platforms. When an error occurs to one set of algorithms, the aircraft will switch to the other pair seamlessly to resume normal functionality.

"Wonder what are the salient differences between the "Vision Compass" and the regular old compass?"

Also wonder. There is no further information......
2018-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-28 22:54
No, i don't buy it, I own a spark and mavic, both have  issues with fw and  GOapp.
I am happy that I found a 4.1.15(mod) app which is very stable and works on my Samsung A5(2017) and asus tablet.
First must DJI fixed the issues with this drones. I hope for eveyone who buy the Mavic Air that they have no issues.

You haven’t been flying drones long if that is where you think problems with FW started, ever since the first FW update there have been people complaining and before the first update people were complaining about how Aircraft was no working correctly so they needed FW updates, this is the world of drones you may as well get used to it.
2018-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-28 22:54
I am happy that I found a 4.1.15(mod) app which is very stable and works on my Samsung A5(2017) and asus tablet.

You haven’t been flying drones long if that is where you think problems with FW started, ever since the first FW update there have been people complaining and before the first update people were complaining about how Aircraft was no working correctly so they needed FW updates, this is the world of drones you may as well get used to it.
2018-2-13
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

I have a dji since the phantom 2 vision+ V3, look at the forum and you notice that they ruined my phantom by een update of the dji vision app which cost me and more than hundred people there wifi signal(black screen)that burnout my wifi in the drone. Since then and it happen again i don't have a good feeling about all there updates specially when a new drone has arrived.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules