Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 and Firmware list problem
10285 15 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd17fd11a
lvl.2
United States

I just bought a P4 Pro and trying to get it set up have not been able to  get the histogram to appear. I read on a forum that the latest firmware is flaky so tried to connect to DJI assistant 2 to roll it back to FW: V 01.04.0602to see if that helps. Unfortunately when I get the P4 connected to the laptop and DJI asistant running it says "Cannot load firmware list". I Have tried several different chords (including the white one it came with) and I tried resetting to factory default (which worked). Any ideas appreciated, thanks

2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

have you tried install FW from SD cARD in your aircraft ?
2018-1-24
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-24 09:57
have you tried install FW from SD cARD in your aircraft ?

No, just using the DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop. How would you go about using the SD card?
2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ - Upgrading RC Firmware Micro SD Card

SAME PROCESS IN THE AIRCRAFT

2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

DJI Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced - Upgrading Firmware (DJI Assistant 2)

2018-1-24
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-24 10:12
DJI Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced - Upgrading Firmware (DJI Assistant 2)

Yes I tried that but when you plug in the P4 Pro (not a plus so no SD card in the RC) into the computer running the Assistant it says "Cannot load firmware list". I have never seen anything populating that list, always blank. This a brand new P4 Pro...
2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

wich OS is your computer ? windows 7? windows 10?
2018-1-24
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-24 10:32
wich OS is your computer ? windows 7? windows 10?

Windows 10
2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

... well i think this is the problem , windows 10 , more people getting problems in this issue  ....  can you try in a different win 7 laptop?
2018-1-24
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-24 10:37
... well i think this is the problem , windows 10 , more people getting problems in this issue  ....  can you try in a different win 7 laptop?

How about using the Samsung Galaxy S5 I use on RC to run Assistant? Would that  work better? (Thanks for your help BTW!)
2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:44
How about using the Samsung Galaxy S5 I use on RC to run Assistant? Would that  work better? (Thanks for your help BTW!)

,mhhh , not sure if you can do this
2018-1-24
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

Which version of the assistant do you have? If you have 1.1.2 you need to make the update on 1.1.6.
2018-1-24
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

tompahr Posted at 2018-1-24 10:53
Which version of the assistant do you have? If you have 1.1.2 you need to make the update on 1.1.6.

Ah...I have 1.2.2   will try the 1.6
2018-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is not a cable problem, nor an SD Card problem. It's a connectivity problem with PC to the internet - Assistant 2 is trying to download the list of available firmware from the DJI server for your craft and login (you may have been given access to beta firmware, for example) but it can't.

I had the error when I had disconnected from my VPN provider without rebooting my PC so it's routing tables got confused. Reconnected to the VPN again and all good. If you don't use a VPN, then try giving Assistant 2 access through your Firewall. Or restart your router, then your PC, and try again. Also perhaps your Anti-virus is firewalling it too?
2018-1-24
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 13:29
This is not a cable problem, nor an SD Card problem. It's a connectivity problem with PC to the internet - Assistant 2 is trying to download the list of available firmware from the DJI server for your craft and login (you may have been given access to beta firmware, for example) but it can't.

I had the error when I had disconnected from my VPN provider without rebooting my PC so it's routing tables got confused. Reconnected to the VPN again and all good. If you don't use a VPN, then try giving Assistant 2 access through your Firewall. Or restart your router, then your PC, and try again. Also perhaps your Anti-virus is firewalling it too?

OK I think I found one major problem that was totally avoidable and my fault...I linked to a site that led me to a file that said it was the DJI assistant and I guess it is some sort of scam as it looked like the real thing and yet didn't work. Of course I entered all my DJI passwords in there and luckily I think I may have dodged a bullet as I deleted it off my computer and found the real link and the exe file sizes are very different (208 v 129 MB) and the new file works... or at least it allows me to see the Firmwares and update them. I then changed all my passwords pronto so just hope no harm done. Anyway stupid mistake and careful what you download. I now have several other issues but wont address them here as I think this question on this  thread got answered, thanks for your help
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drogo2 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:40
OK I think I found one major problem that was totally avoidable and my fault...I linked to a site that led me to a file that said it was the DJI assistant and I guess it is some sort of scam as it looked like the real thing and yet didn't work. Of course I entered all my DJI passwords in there and luckily I think I may have dodged a bullet as I deleted it off my computer and found the real link and the exe file sizes are very different (208 v 129 MB) and the new file works... or at least it allows me to see the Firmwares and update them. I then changed all my passwords pronto so just hope no harm done. Anyway stupid mistake and careful what you download. I now have several other issues but wont address them here as I think this question on this  thread got answered, thanks for your help

Glad you solve your problem. Have fun!
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules