Concerns About The Air
6695 50 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-29 03:23
I would wait awhile, there is rumor of a new Mavic II coming out this spring with an upgraded 1" CMOS camera, APAS, 100mbs write speed. It only makes sense as the MAir sits between the Spark & MP/MPP, people want the camera quality of the P4/P4P with the portability of the Mavic.

And I also agree if Lightbridge or OccuSync is not used I don't want it as well. Also rumored is a new Go5 app.

dont think it will be released before Aug/Sep.. who knows though.

What are the chances the Pro and ProP will have the Air Boomerang and Asteroid for QuickShot added?
2018-1-29
Use props
MarcintheCloud
lvl.1
United States

Most connectivity issues with the Spark's WIFI were resolved using an OTG cable as another user has suggested. Even then, it had mostly to do with video transmition range and not control range. I believe DJI has safety measures implemented for when a drone loses controller connectivity.

If connection reliability is your main concern, I don't think you have anything to worry about with the Mavic Air. This test shows connectivity until 1.2 miles (which is what the Mavic Air is rated to) and automatically returns home on connection lost. Obviously if you plan on flying further than that, then the Mavic Air is probably not the right choice.

2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As I can see you live outside CE area, so you should have some decent range.
Not as much as Mavic Pro, but enough for Line Of Sight I would say.
2018-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would wait awhile, there is rumor of a new Mavic II coming out this spring with an upgraded 1" CMOS camera, APAS, 100mbs write speed. It only makes sense as the MAir sits between the Spark & MP/MPP, people want the camera quality of the P4/P4P with the portability of the Mavic.

And I also agree if Lightbridge or OccuSync is not used I don't want it as well. Also rumored is a new Go5 app.

hope you are right ;)
2018-1-29
Use props
FishyAl
lvl.1

South Africa

My choice is the Air for portability - but I'm waiting to see 4K image quality compared to the Pro.
If as good as the pro I get the Air - if not I'll wait for the Pro2.
2018-1-30
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I think MP camera is very good. If you know how to adjust it make impeccable pictures / videos! Or Mavic ... or Inspire2 if you want super quality! I have written on other posts: do we fly the drone with the camera or camera mounted on the drones?
2018-1-30
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

yuumee Posted at 2018-1-25 10:20
Honestly, as an owner of Mavic Pro, I have no idea why you even think of having Air.

I would consider it if I wanted to upgrade from Spark, but from Mavic Pro? Err, I call it a downgrade.

Exactly, I ordered it as a Spark upgrade and am keeping the Mavic.
2018-1-30
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

Well well well, i did not know there where interference issues, will Dji admit it or pretend its something they can ignore when this caused a fly away.

maybe they should invest a tid more in this technology instead of cyber bullies for PR.
2018-1-31
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

CAAirborne Posted at 2018-1-24 10:35
I think Ocusync is the method for transmitting the UAV view to your phone or iPad, not the method for communicating flight commands. That said, if WIFI is used to transmit imagery, then, yes, it would be very limited with respect to being able to view what the UAV is seeing. It sounds like the Air is designed for close-in work. Others, please correct me if I'm wrong.

UPDATE: DJI claims that "Wi-Fi video transmission system supports... a 720p live view from up to 4 km away". So my assumption of a very-limited range is wrong.

mavic air is the spark on steroids, NOT by all means a MAVIC PRO  (PRO)
2018-1-31
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

Trevor Hyman Posted at 2018-1-25 01:01
The price is the biggest issue...£949 in the uk for the fly more is £150 overpriced in my opinion.

i would not buy this until people actually reported true tests,

sorry DJI, i figured you out already...they are pushing the mavic air fast to get it out before ppl see the issues with wifi remotes and fly aways.
2018-1-31
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

hope so!! may should start learning on the air then move to newer pro soon
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules