New update issue
2318 14 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BNags63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228632 ft
United States

Ok, so after the long awaited update, I now have an issue. So after starting the download through the DJI Go 4 app, all was going well. Approx. 8 minutes in, it gets stuck on 84%......for about 30 minutes. So, I disconnect the tablet from the drone, fired eveything up, it says that most recent firmware. So now, my camera pans left and right instead of up and down. Next, DJI Assistant 2.......hook it up to the computer and it tells me that there are no versions available at this time. Am I missing something, or is there a way to change the camera to pan up and down again?  If I can get this camera issue taken care of, I will take to the skies for a test.  Thanks
2018-1-24
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

which DJI Assistant version are you using?
2018-1-24
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-24 11:45
which DJI Assistant version are you using?

After realizing that I wasn't up to date, and that that might be my problem, I did update DJI Assistant to the latest version. I now have a choice to either upgrade or downgrade the firmware version. Here's another problem.....I now get an ERROR message saying "Update Failed" "Update Error Log".  So, I go to downgrade, and I get the same error message. I'm ready to give up.
2018-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BNags63 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:06
After realizing that I wasn't up to date, and that that might be my problem, I did update DJI Assistant to the latest version. I now have a choice to either upgrade or downgrade the firmware version. Here's another problem.....I now get an ERROR message saying "Update Failed" "Update Error Log".  So, I go to downgrade, and I get the same error message. I'm ready to give up.

You're getting the Update Failed message right after it tries to start to transmit the firmware after downloading? Yep, you're not alone...
2018-1-24
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 13:23
You're getting the Update Failed message right after it tries to start to transmit the firmware after downloading? Yep, you're not alone...

Thats exactly whats happening.
2018-1-24
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 13:23

Thats exactly whats happening. DJI Go 4 says latest firmware. Motors start, got video, but the camera pan function goes right and left instead of up and down.
2018-1-24
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

BNags63 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:26
Thats exactly whats happening. DJI Go 4 says latest firmware. Motors start, got video, but the camera pan function goes right and left instead of up and down.

We couldn't even make the camera pan left and right, could we? That's accomplished by rotating the P4 left and right.
2018-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BNags63 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:26

But that's what I don't understand. If the update fails prior to start of transmitting, then the firmware hasn't been copied to the craft and subsequently not installed. The firmware on craft should still be as it was prior to the attempt.

Otherwise, I checked the Assistant 2 log on my PC and it says that the update failed due to a "file error 224". No ideas what that is, and a Google search returns nothing.
2018-1-24
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 14:18
But that's what I don't understand. If the update fails prior to start of transmitting, then the firmware hasn't been copied to the craft and subsequently not installed. The firmware on craft should still be as it was prior to the attempt.

Otherwise, I checked the Assistant 2 log on my PC and it says that the update failed due to a "file error 224". No ideas what that is, and a Google search returns nothing.

Hey Punch, go back to my original post. I actually did the update on my ipad in the DJI Go 4 app. It downloaded to 84%, then hung up for about a half an hour. Then when I stopped it and went to the Assistant 2. Before going to Assistant 2, I fired everything up and on the Go4 startup screen, it said that it was the latest firmware. When I tried the wheel to pan the camera up and down, it went left to right.
2018-1-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:50
We couldn't even make the camera pan left and right, could we? That's accomplished by rotating the P4 left and right.

There is an option to enable/disable 'Synchronised Gimbal Pan Follow' which allows for some slight (+/- 10 degrees I think) left and right system control of gimbal. This is designed to help smooth out Panning shots. If enable and aircraft sitting powered up but motors off, if you move left stick left and right you will see this slight movement. Other than that it is as you say.
2018-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BNags63 Posted at 2018-1-24 15:13
Hey Punch, go back to my original post. I actually did the update on my ipad in the DJI Go 4 app. It downloaded to 84%, then hung up for about a half an hour. Then when I stopped it and went to the Assistant 2. Before going to Assistant 2, I fired everything up and on the Go4 startup screen, it said that it was the latest firmware. When I tried the wheel to pan the camera up and down, it went left to right.

Ah, OK. So we now have the same problem and can't refresh the firmware using Assistant 2. If you can find the Assistant 2 data directory under /Users/<you>/Roaming, there's a log directory containing text files for each time you use Assistant 2. Are you seeing "file error 224" reported at the point of failure too?
2018-1-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

BNags63 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:06

Ditto.  Same here.

Somethin's busted DJI.   Likely Assistant 2 version 1.2.0 since most of the beta firmwares were likely done with earlier Assistant 2 versions that worked.

2018-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-24 16:58
Ditto.  Same here.

Somethin's busted DJI.   Likely Assistant 2 version 1.2.0 since most of the beta firmwares were likely done with earlier Assistant 2 versions that worked.

Well, I had the error with Assistant 2 v1.1.8 too. So, given that:

I initially completed the firmware update from v..600 to v..700 OK using Ass2 V1.1.8, then set to factory defaults;
Restarted Ass2 and tried a firmware refresh, but received the Update Fault after trying to start to transmit the file;
Installed Ass2 v1.2.0 to try it, but same error at same place.

I believe it's the firmware. Ass2 worked OK going up to v..700, but then I started to have issues regardless of which version of Ass2. Regardless, I'm going to re-install v1.1.8 tonight to see if I can get it to work again.
2018-1-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-24 18:16
Well, I had the error with Assistant 2 v1.1.8 too. So, given that:

I initially completed the firmware update from v..600 to v..700 OK using Ass2 V1.1.8, then set to factory defaults;

I just installed .700 via my old iPad Air 2 ( iOS 11.2.2 and not the new version 11.2.5 it's asking for now.) using latest GO 4 and it worked without a hiccup (Left the SD card out too.).  Turned it all off and restarted and it shows .700 now and no further updates are needed.

Windows didn't work for me without the "Update Error Logs" nonsense.  I don't know if it will do a VPS calibration via Windows 10 and Asst. 2 v1.2.0 yet.  May try it later and see if it will connect to Windows as it went pretty well with the iOS and GO 4 method.

Added:  The VPS calibration via WIndows 10 worked well too with Assistant 2 ver. 1.2.0.  Just the firmware matter using Assistant 2 didn't work right with Windows 10, but using latest GO 4 and iOS 11.2.2 worked for that.

2018-1-24
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

I just updated with Assistant 2 ver 1.2.0 with my MacBook without a problem. Everything connects including my iPad Air (I didn't update its IOS nor will I for a while). Hopefully I'll be able to fly it tomorrow if the rain stops.
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules