4035 75 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chriswood718
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-24 17:34
It *is* an interesting question as to what should happen when a: the craft enters ATTI mode, b: the data link is lost, and c: no homepoint was recorded, as shown in OP's logs.

When the connection is lost and the Mavic is in ATTI mode it immediately starts landing.

So I should  concentrate to search where I  loss connection ?

And if I don’t find it what should I buy Mavic Pro or air ?
2018-1-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-24 17:43

I'd start at the last known location and work my way southeast from there. It would have continued to drift with the wind as it descended, and given that it started from roughly 350 feet above the ground would probably have been pushed a bit further along.

I guess it depends on what's important to you, but personally I'd stick with the Pro or Platinum.
2018-1-24
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

Whatever it is you decide to buy I would definitely call State Farm insurance company and get it insured. It’s only $60 a year no-brainer.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Chris, we're sorry to read your post. I'm afraid that the data analysis is not available as the drone has been out of the warranty. More details, please visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy Also, I understand your situation, and will forward to the designated team to keep follow up. They will contact you in the next several working days. Hope for your understanding.
DJI Policy.png
2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-24 17:18
Yes my Mavic is  2  months out of Warranty. I’m not looking for a replacement  I just wanted a discount on a new drone all in need is the airframe I have everything Else. An at  least some answer on what happen.  

Thanks   Chris

Sorry to hear that, Chris. Hope you are able to recover it, maybe someone will turn it in downtown. Did you register it with the FAA and attach your registration number to the aircraft?
2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-24 17:18
Sorry Meant to say Wi-Fi switch

Ah, that switch is above the MicroSD slot.
2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-24 17:34
It *is* an interesting question as to what should happen when a: the craft enters ATTI mode, b: the data link is lost, and c: no homepoint was recorded, as shown in OP's logs.

When the connection is lost and the Mavic is in ATTI mode it immediately starts landing.

Good to know, thanks!
2018-1-24
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-24 20:05
Sorry to hear that, Chris. Hope you are able to recover it, maybe someone will turn it in downtown. Did you register it with the FAA and attach your registration number to the aircraft?

Yes it had faa number and phone inside battery  compartment The strange thing about the FAA number doesn’t kick back to me or anyone I think it may have something to do with the early confusion with Registration process I have a certificate That expires 2019.  Perhaps we should clear that up with the FAA .
2018-1-24
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 19:23
Hey Chris, we're sorry to read your post. I'm afraid that the data analysis is not available as the drone has been out of the warranty. More details, please visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy Also, I understand your situation, and will forward to the designated team to keep follow up. They will contact you in the next several working days. Hope for your understanding.

Thanks I know but as a early adopter of this  equipment  and because I have significant investment in the Mavic system I was  Expecting a bit more compassion from Dji. Nobody likes to lose or crash a drone But what bothers me the most is that I feel that I have no confidence in operating  your  drone  safety. Everything I did when I lost control Was in the  interest of public safety.   Mostly I’m very thankful nobody was hurt. Many other companies have after warranty pricing. Perhaps DJI May look into this To keep their core supporter satisfied.

Sincerely,  Christopher Wood
2018-1-24
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-24 19:14
Whatever it is you decide to buy I would definitely call State Farm insurance company and get it insured. It’s only $60 a year no-brainer.

Really good to know thanks
2018-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-24 20:21
Yes it had faa number and phone inside battery  compartment The strange thing about the FAA number doesn’t kick back to me or anyone I think it may have something to do with the early confusion with Registration process I have a certificate That expires 2019.  Perhaps we should clear that up with the FAA .

Good luck and hope you have a quick recovery.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-24 20:40
Thanks I know but as a early adopter of this  equipment  and because I have significant investment in the Mavic system I was  Expecting a bit more compassion from Dji. Nobody likes to lose or crash a drone But what bothers me the most is that I feel that I have no confidence in operating  your  drone  safety. Everything I did when I lost control Was in the  interest of public safety.   Mostly I’m very thankful nobody was hurt. Many other companies have after warranty pricing. Perhaps DJI May look into this To keep their core supporter satisfied.

Sincerely,  Christopher Wood

Christopher, we fully understand your concern and very sympathize with your situation, Susan has escalated your case to designated department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the further resolution, thanks for your patience.
2018-1-25
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-25 22:57
Christopher, we fully understand your concern and very sympathize with your situation, Susan has escalated your case to designated department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the further resolution, thanks for your patience.

Thank you Sandy and Mindy for looking into this Situation. I Anxiously await your resolution. Yesterday I Spent My morning searching a field that I felt had a high probability of finding  My Mavic Given the analysis People on this Forum Were kind enough to help me with. I have also contacted the local police department and the a golf course both were incredibly understanding to my surprise. I have also been scanning craigslist eBay and other local post. But it seems that nobody has seen My Mavic Pro At this point I am very interested in retrieving the video of the event.  At this point I feel that retrieving a functional is not likely. So that reality is becoming  very real to me.

Question I enter your( try the New Mavic Air for free) and yesterday I Received free priority shipping  code for being one of the first 1000 to enter what does that mean I though you all ready offer priority
shipping ? Or am I going to get the Opportunity to try the Mavic Air ?
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-26 08:05
Thank you Sandy and Mindy for looking into this Situation. I Anxiously await your resolution. Yesterday I Spent My morning searching a field that I felt had a high probability of finding  My Mavic Given the analysis People on this Forum Were kind enough to help me with. I have also contacted the local police department and the a golf course both were incredibly understanding to my surprise. I have also been scanning craigslist eBay and other local post. But it seems that nobody has seen My Mavic Pro At this point I am very interested in retrieving the video of the event.  At this point I feel that retrieving a functional is not likely. So that reality is becoming  very real to me.[view_image]

Question I enter your( try the New Mavic Air for free) and yesterday I Received free priority shipping  code for being one of the first 1000 to enter what does that mean I though you all ready offer priority

It is weekend now and the update may get delayed. Thanks for your patience.
The shipping priority code means if you are interested in placing an order in our online store, you can input the code to website and we will ship the drone in priority.
2018-1-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-1-24 17:42
Hang out some lost drone notes wih reward offer in your neighborhood.

That's a very good suggestion.
2018-1-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-26 08:05
Thank you Sandy and Mindy for looking into this Situation. I Anxiously await your resolution. Yesterday I Spent My morning searching a field that I felt had a high probability of finding  My Mavic Given the analysis People on this Forum Were kind enough to help me with. I have also contacted the local police department and the a golf course both were incredibly understanding to my surprise. I have also been scanning craigslist eBay and other local post. But it seems that nobody has seen My Mavic Pro At this point I am very interested in retrieving the video of the event.  At this point I feel that retrieving a functional is not likely. So that reality is becoming  very real to me.[view_image]

Question I enter your( try the New Mavic Air for free) and yesterday I Received free priority shipping  code for being one of the first 1000 to enter what does that mean I though you all ready offer priority

In the video the instant you take-off the distance from you to the drone is 9,163,160m.  This number should be zero at take-off.  Means there is a GPS coordinate in the machine that is VERY far away. Loosing signal or activating RTH may have made the drone fly to this coordinate.  Of course it would run low on battery and land maybe 20km (20,000m) away.
2018-1-29
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-1-29 19:11
In the video the instant you take-off the distance from you to the drone is 9,163,160m.  This number should be zero at take-off.  Means there is a GPS coordinate in the machine that is VERY far away. Loosing signal or activating RTH may have made the drone fly to this coordinate.  Of course it would run low on battery and land maybe 20km (20,000m) away.

Hi It seems like the most in-depth Analysis is coming out of  Mavic Pilot form in a nut shell looks like a hardware  failure with GPS Graph shows 13+ I don’t was before 10 seconds into  Motors on on it drops to 3  satellites. Didn’t  significant warning until one minute 48 seconds.https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... dition.33471/page-4

2018-1-29
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-1-29 23:24
Hi It seems like the most in-depth Analysis is coming out of  Mavic Pilot form in a nut shell looks like a hardware  failure with GPS Graph shows 13+ I don’t was before 10 seconds into  Motors on on it drops to 3  satellites. Didn’t  significant warning until one minute 48 seconds.https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-newest-drone-mavic-flyaway-edition.33471/page-4
[view_image]

Hi It seems like the most in-depth Analysis is coming out of  Mavic Pilot form in a nut shell looks like a hardware  failure with GPS Graph shows 13+ Satellites  10 seconds into  Motors on  it drops to 3  satellites. No significant warning until one minute 48 seconds.https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... dition.33471/page-4

2018-1-29
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Hi all hope you enjoy? Thanks for all your help
2018-1-30
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Soon to follow a Review of DJI MAVIC PRO REFURBISHED
2018-2-3
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

. I’m having major problems DJI trying to pull fast one on me. first they send me a 15% of a Refurbish offer with overnight shipping. Mavic So I think great deal. Then last Minute they send me a shipping notice  that says  I’m receiving Mavic without battery or propellers with 5 day shipping.  So I ask  where’s the deal and they advice me that it’s impossible for me to return The Mavic because it a Virtual order and they ran it as a repair and its Warrantee is in question. So I think I’ll be re-posting that anti Dji video. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-6 21:55
. I’m having major problems DJI trying to pull fast one on me. first they send me a 15% of a Refurbish offer with overnight shipping. Mavic So I think great deal. Then last Minute they send me a shipping notice  that says  I’m receiving Mavic without battery or propellers with 5 day shipping.  So I ask  where’s the deal and they advice me that it’s impossible for me to return The Mavic because it a Virtual order and they ran it as a repair and its Warrantee is in question. So I think I’ll be re-posting that anti Dji video. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!
[view_image][view_image]

Sir, I have replied you another thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... orderby%3Dlastpost. Please keep us updated there, we will keep following up, thanks for your understanding.
2018-2-7
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Just got off the phone with Dji Management Spoke to Tom out of Lakewood NJ they are overnighting a battery and prop’s for my Mavic Pro thing are  Starting to look up
Thank you Tom you resolved my issue in 30 seconds and restored my Faith in DJI. Mindy from DJI I’m assuming you are a Avatar of many different people at DJI thank you for being there at all different hours aiding and helping people with there  Relationships with technology. To DJI SUPPORT  I understand your position Between Customers frustrations and upholding company policy it is not a easy job “THANKYOU” for your time and Effort. To DJI MAVIC FOURM AND MAVIC PILOTS FOURM  A REAL BIG THANK YOU for you help and Intense scrutiny. I tried to answer everyone’s questions  in a respectful manner even when their words were not very kind. many Of you apologized after Decoding flight logs and dat. Files .When you realize something very wrong happen to my Mavic Pro gps.
2018-2-8
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: battery and props Received. things are coming together Mavic Pro Scheduled for Tuesday the 13th delivery.  Hmm I thing there’s a  ❤️ story brewing !!!
2018-2-9
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

But unfortunately I’m have another problem I sign up for Dji select program and have a 50% off coupon Dji care program and I got a message saying that the Mavic Pro has been activated for more than 48 hours (which is impossible since its still in transit to my home) and I purchased Dji care before on this Mavic Pro.  This has me worried that this refurbished Mavic is being sold to me without a warranty. In short I’m looking to Insure my investment. My Serial numbers is 08QDE1H01R030R I Check the web site and Confirmed that you are able to buy Dji care on refurbished Mavic Pro. So what’s going on if I have a problem with my Mavic Pro I don’t want to be told “Sorry we can’t help your Mavic Pro is Out of Warranty” After paying $650 bucks.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-9 12:07
[view_image]But unfortunately I’m have another problem I sign up for Dji select program and have a 50% off coupon Dji care program and I got a message saying that the Mavic Pro has been activated for more than 48 hours (which is impossible since its still in transit to my home) and I purchased Dji care before on this Mavic Pro.  This has me worried that this refurbished Mavic is being sold to me without a warranty. In short I’m looking to Insure my investment. My Serial numbers is 08QDE1H01R030R I Check the web site and Confirmed that you are able to buy Dji care on refurbished Mavic Pro. So what’s going on if I have a problem with my Mavic Pro I don’t want to be told “Sorry we can’t help your Mavic Pro is Out of Warranty” After paying $650 bucks.[view_image]

Hi there, refurbished drone enjoys the warranty and can purchase DJI Care Refresh. I will help to check the serial number and see what I can help. May I know where did you order the drone? DJI Store or other channels? Is there an order number or invoice that we can refer to?
2018-2-9
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Hi Thor On 1/17/18 My Mavic Pro was two months out of its one year warranty. It had a gps Failure resulting in a Flyaway Dji offer a 15% Discount on a refurbish Mavic Pro.  My recipes says IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED. Unbeknownst to me DJI support ran it as a repair even thought there was nothing to repair. Then I call Dji customer service and ask about the warranty. First I was told it carries the same warranty at the original Mavic Pro which was out of warranty on another call this time Tom from Management said sure it comes with the same one year warranty as new Mavic Pro the only difference is it can only be repaired or repalaced with refurbished parts. Then I was Invited to sign up for Dji select program I was given a 50% off coupon which I tried to apply to no avail.  
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-10 00:16
Hi Thor On 1/17/18 My Mavic Pro was two months out of its one year warranty. It had a gps Failure resulting in a Flyaway Dji offer a 15% Discount on a refurbish Mavic Pro.  My recipes says IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED. Unbeknownst to me DJI support ran it as a repair even thought there was nothing to repair. Then I call Dji customer service and ask about the warranty. First I was told it carries the same warranty at the original Mavic Pro which was out of warranty on another call this time Tom from Management said sure it comes with the same one year warranty as new Mavic Pro the only difference is it can only be repaired or repalaced with refurbished parts. Then I was Invited to sign up for Dji select program I was given a 50% off coupon which I tried to apply to no avail.  
[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Thank you very much for the info, I will forward this case to the proper team for a further check and help. I will get back to you once I hear anything. Thank you for your patience.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hey Chris, I had received the news back, now the serial should be able to purchase the DJI Care Refresh, please kindly order it soon at your convenient. See if it works.
2018-2-10
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Hi Thor thanks for getting back to me so soon I gave it a try  but it will not  except my Dji select 50% off coupon  it keeps Reverting back to a 20 % off Accessory coupon
2018-2-11
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 23:47
Hey Chris, I had received the news back, now the serial should be able to purchase the DJI Care Refresh, please kindly order it soon at your convenient. See if it works.

2018-2-11
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 23:47

Hi Thor thanks for getting back to me so soon I gave it a try  but it will not  except my Dji select 50% off coupon  it keeps Reverting back to a 20 % off Accessory coupon

Photos in posting on fourm let me know if you need the code I can private message you the code
2018-2-11
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Ok Thor just brought care for Mavic at a 20% Discount. so this is what happen when I click on coupon 50% for Dji care its falsely applying discount to Mavic Pro care refresh  buy Dji care is a different service not available for Mavic Pro. but you may want to bring this to the Attention of the department that manages the web site iit should never apply that discount to care refresh any more of this and you guys are going to have to hire me
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Chriswood718 Posted at 2018-2-11 10:48
Ok Thor just brought care for Mavic at a 20% Discount. so this is what happen when I click on coupon 50% for Dji care its falsely applying discount to Mavic Pro care refresh  buy Dji care is a different service not available for Mavic Pro. but you may want to bring this to the Attention of the department that manages the web site iit should never apply that discount to care refresh any more of this and you guys are going to have to hire me [view_image]

Sorry for the late reply due to the time difference. According to the FAQ, 50% off DJI Care coupon can be used for Mavic Pro. For your case, I will forward to our engineers to check the reason.
2018-2-11
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2
United States

Guess what?  
2018-2-13
Use props
Chriswood718
lvl.2