3198 8 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I pre-ordered the Mavic Air from B&H in NYC on Jan 23, but wonder if there is an advantage of purchasing direct from DJI in China. Arrive sooner perhaps?

Rich in San Diego, USA
2018-1-24
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

I think you save taxes and duty fees if u order from DJI. In Canada that's the case.
2018-1-24
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely not. You did the right thing, Quick shipping, good cs. DJI-NOT.
2018-1-24
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

B and H aaaallll the waaaayyyyyyy!!!
2018-1-24
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Always order from someone that has a 30 day return policy that way if you have problems out of the box you can carry it back without having to send it back to DJI.
2018-1-24
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I tried B&H when I ordered my mavic pro in 2016 shortly after it was announced and I ended up waiting 3 months before I received anything.... It seemed like the DJI direct orders were received prior to mine being shipped.
2018-1-24
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Huge fan of B&H. However, there is a DJI store near me, I like going to the store. 1. because, drone store!! 2. It's nice to walk out with the drone/accessories in hand and go that day.
2018-1-24
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Do NOT buy direct from DJI.

I'm learning this the hard way. I'm on my 4th Mavic Pro. The first one worked perfectly, but I crashed it. I had to purchase a new aircraft. Bought it direct from DJI. It was defective, straight out of the box, so I sent it back with 2 hours of flight time on it. They  sent me a replacement. Also defective. I sent that one back, with just over an hour's flight time on it. Today, I received the third replacement Mavic Pro... a refurbished aircraft, with flight records from June 2017, all the way up to January 2018 still in the aircraft's storage! It was manufactured in April 2017, but had firmware on it that didn't exist back then. I will not accept a refurbished aircraft (with God knows how many hours on it, and how close to failure is it?) in exchange for my brand new purchase.

Had I purchased it from a local store, yes, I'd have to pay sales tax, but if it didn't work, I could just return it and be assured of getting a NEW unit in exchange.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. If you buy drones in China, you need to send back for repair and the procedure is really complicated. And the estimated shipping date is January 28, 2018. You can check it from our website: https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... w_bar&vid=38961 Please wait patiently.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules