Can vision app be used with GS for iPad?
1112 3 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thartiga
lvl.1

United States

learning ground station. I have a phantom 2 vision plus. The vision app has the ground station but seems to be far less powerful than the iPad app. I use an iPad mini as the larger screen is nice.

With the iPad GS I cannot see sats, battery level or preview to control the camera angle. With the vision app I cannot save waypoints. Can the 2 be used together?

Thanks tim
2015-4-24
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I'm afraid not. Your Vision App uses the WiFi facility of your smart device to communicate with the WiFi module on board your Vision.
The Datalink Groundstation APP uses the Bluetooth hardware of the iOS device to communicate with a ground module which in turn communicates with a second module mounted on the multirotor via a 2.4GHz, or 900MHz if permitted in the country of use,  frequency hopping system.

Even though the two systems offer similar functionality they rely on two totally different hardware platforms.

Regards

Nidge
2015-4-25
Use props
thartiga
lvl.1

United States

Can I have both apps running at the same time?  Seems start a GS in the iPad and then switch to vision.
2015-4-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

thartiga, you can not use bluetooth datalink with P2V+, there is no port for it.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules