My Location
1579 22 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

Here on the Forum, my location is listed as Canada. I visited Canada once, about 48 years ago, but I'm at least a thousand miles away from the border now. I can't find a way to change that setting in my Profile, and I have no idea how to correct this huge error. What do I have to do to correct this?
2018-1-24
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Go to store.dji.com
Go to your account details.
Set your location there
2018-1-24
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-1-24 19:53
Go to store.dji.com
Go to your account details.

Quick and easy as pie.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please follow the advice in 2# and refresh your location with the local Internet. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-25
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

Thanks! I never looked there when I purchased my Mavic...
2018-1-25
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

My location does not show my store profile location, or anywhere close to where i am, or have ever been...........
2018-1-25
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

Or does is use the location field and not the country selection?
2018-1-25
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

Well, I made the change a while ago, and though my avatar shows up, the location change hasn't. Perhaps it will on this post.
Nope.
2018-1-25
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

Updating the Store profile did absolutely nothing. My corrected location doesn't show up here, and there's no setting here that allows me to change my default location. Even adding an avatar pic in the Store did nothing; I had to upload it here, in the Forum, to make it appear. The two hosts do not share information.
2018-1-27
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

rawright54 Posted at 2018-1-27 20:10
Updating the Store profile did absolutely nothing. My corrected location doesn't show up here, and there's no setting here that allows me to change my default location. Even adding an avatar pic in the Store did nothing; I had to upload it here, in the Forum, to make it appear. The two hosts do not share information.

I believe the location is based off your IP address, what state you in by chance? its the same for my buddy, when he at home his location his Canada, but when hes at work his location is United States
2018-1-27
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-27 20:43
I believe the location is based off your IP address, what state you in by chance? its the same for my buddy, when he at home his location his Canada, but when hes at work his location is United States

I'm in Arizona, but my ISP is suddenlink - they may have registered their block of IP addresses in Canada, and that could well cause my address to be reported as Canada. It's still BS, IMHO.
2018-1-27
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

yea my buddy in Nevada. for kicks use your phone to post something. use the phones data not the Wifi of your house and see if the location says US
2018-1-27
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-25 00:40
Sir, please follow the advice in 2# and refresh your location with the local Internet. Thanks for your support.

It didn't work. Apparently the two sites don't communicate except, perhaps, when the account is first created.
2018-1-31
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

Whatever it uses, it is completely off. At home it shows the correct location but at work (corporate vpn) it is a few 1000 km's off
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rawright54 Posted at 2018-1-31 23:05
It didn't work. Apparently the two sites don't communicate except, perhaps, when the account is first created.

I see. Thanks for your update. Please tell me your DJI Account. You can PM me.
2018-2-6
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-6 01:29
I see. Thanks for your update. Please tell me your DJI Account. You can PM me.

I appreciate your effort, but nothing has changed. Keep trying! I don't want to be a Canadian!
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rawright54 Posted at 2018-3-21 19:40
I appreciate your effort, but nothing has changed. Keep trying! I don't want to be a Canadian!

Sorry for the situation. I will try my best to help you solve the problem.
2018-3-22
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 02:20

No worries, Elektra. I don't really care, except that I'm (among other things) a website developer, and I hate to see a site that doesn't function correctly. It happens to us all, but without customer feedback, we can remain unaware of a problem forever. Whatever tool your site is using to determine user location obviously doesn't work, and I think you should know that.

Thanks for working on it...
2018-3-22
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 02:20

No worries, Elektra. I don't really care, except that I'm (among other things) a website developer, and I hate to see a site that doesn't function correctly. It happens to us all, but without customer feedback, we can remain unaware of a problem forever. Whatever tool your site is using to determine user location obviously doesn't work, and I think you should know that.

2018-3-22
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

By the way, I just tried to reply to you, using the Reply function, and I got an error message. If I were you, I'd hire a new web developer. I'll use copy/paste and just add a post to the thread, instead.
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rawright54 Posted at 2018-3-22 21:40

Thanks for working on it...  

Your location was changed. Thanks for your patience. Please feel free to contact us if you need help.
2018-3-28
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-28 23:30
Your location was changed. Thanks for your patience. Please feel free to contact us if you need help.

Thanks, Elektra!
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You are welcome. Please feel free to contact us.
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules