Wierd warning with new firmware for P4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Hi all, I just got done updating my Phantom 4 to the newest firmware, App:4.1.22, RC:1.9.3, AC:02.00.0700. After I updated I started getting a weird warning message: "Current RTH will pass through a no-fly zone. Pay attention to the aircraft's position to avoid RTH failure."
   I have never had a warning like this before and the nearest airport is 4.5 miles away, a grass field, which I sometimes will get a warning for unpaved airport. Has anyone else updated their firmware and come across this RTH warning?
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, it is recommended to check whether you are near the NFZ. The message is normal if you are in the restricted areas.
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2018-1-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 00:50
Hey there, it is recommended to check whether you are near the NFZ. The message is normal if you are in the restricted areas.
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

I hope I am reading the map correctly, the red circles are the no fly zones, is that correct? If so the map shows I am no where near a red circle.....I haven't had a chance to fly yet, but I noticed the first few times I started it up after the firmware update, I was inside my house and wasn't able to connect to enough satellites to record a home point. That happened twice and both times I got the warning. The third time I tried starting it finally recorded a home point. Would the no home point recorded cause that warning to pop up?
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-1-26 10:40
I hope I am reading the map correctly, the red circles are the no fly zones, is that correct? If so the map shows I am no where near a red circle.....I haven't had a chance to fly yet, but I noticed the first few times I started it up after the firmware update, I was inside my house and wasn't able to connect to enough satellites to record a home point. That happened twice and both times I got the warning. The third time I tried starting it finally recorded a home point. Would the no home point recorded cause that warning to pop up?

The home point will be recorded if there are enough GPS signal. The warning will not affect the record of home point. You can have a try in the outdoor.
2018-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had one or two spurious warnings like that. When I've been carrying powered up aircraft indoors. I suspect it could be generated by rogue GPS/GLONASS signals as they are blocked out, perhaps making the aircraft think it is elsewhere.
2018-2-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 02:09
The home point will be recorded if there are enough GPS signal. The warning will not affect the record of home point. You can have a try in the outdoor.

It must have been because I was indoors, I have tried it outside and no warnings.
2018-2-1
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

My guess is you had not updated your Homepoint there at your location.  So the bird was looking at its last known point God knowing where that was.
Once you update with a local HP that warning should go away...if not then I'm not sure what is going on.
I can say that it is not because you were indoors or that you went indoors except for the fact that you could not get enough satellites to set a HP and of course once you did not having enough means you go in to ATTI Mode and then it wont matter as can't get to it without GPS.
2018-2-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-2-1 23:21
My guess is you had not updated your Homepoint there at your location.  So the bird was looking at its last known point God knowing where that was.
Once you update with a local HP that warning should go away...if not then I'm not sure what is going on.
I can say that it is not because you were indoors or that you went indoors except for the fact that you could not get enough satellites to set a HP and of course once you did not having enough means you go in to ATTI Mode and then it wont matter as can't get to it without GPS.

I think you are correct. The last place I had flown was about 5 miles or so from where I am.  Its odd about the not recording the home point, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I had the green safe to fly message, doesn't the green turn to yellow when it is in atti?
2018-2-1
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

I have see the exactly the same message twice and like you the nearest NFZ  was very very far away and over the hill, I just chalk it up to bad software  subroutines.  Using the P4P+
2018-2-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-2-1 23:51
I think you are correct. The last place I had flown was about 5 miles or so from where I am.  Its odd about the not recording the home point, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I had the green safe to fly message, doesn't the green turn to yellow when it is in atti?

I can say this for sure, it will go to Yellow when in ATTI due to loss of GPS or some other reason for not being able to remain in P Mode
It will also show Yellow when in OPTI (vision) mode when it can establish position by way of the VPS but not GPS
What I cannot say for sure is if it goes to Yellow when you select ATTI Mode.  It was too windy for me to test that out today, P Mode was working to maintain position as it was.  So unless someone has a better memory than I, I'll have to wait for a better day to confirm that part.
Fly Safe and Take Care
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules