Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro vs Mavic Air Gimble
879 5 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apopj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653 ft
United States

Hello all,

Well, now that the Mavic Air has been released, I am considering selling my Pro and getting the Air. The ONLY reason I would ever consider selling the Pro is I am very leery of the gimble. It just seems so damn fragile. It sits there and wobbles, shakes and looks like a piece of delicate china around children.
Before I take the leap though, can anyone tell me if the gimble on the Air is more robust than the one on the Pro? It looks sturdier, but all I have seen so far are mock ups and that really doesn't tell me the whole story.
Soooooo, please, can someone tell me? Which is the more sturdy gimble, Pro or Air....

Thanks so much

Jeff
Search One
2018-1-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

I think they sell gimble protectors in case of collisions...Amazon or something
2018-1-25
Use props
Apopj
lvl.2
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-1-25 07:22
I think they sell gimble protectors in case of collisions...Amazon or something

Thanks, SlimHarry, for the response. I am mainly concerned with day in day out usage. It just seems so fragile (or FRAGILA if you watch Christmas Story) overtime I take the gimble protector off. Just wobbles and flops around. It looks like the Air gimble isn't quite as sensitive to daily use.
2018-1-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Apopj Posted at 2018-1-25 07:31
Thanks, SlimHarry, for the response. I am mainly concerned with day in day out usage. It just seems so fragile (or FRAGILA if you watch Christmas Story) overtime I take the gimble protector off. Just wobbles and flops around. It looks like the Air gimble isn't quite as sensitive to daily use.

I think a lot of people don't even fly with the Mavic gimble protector as it creates sun flare on videos. Besides crashing the drone in trees, i don't think there's a risk for the gimble to get damaged due to its fragility...
but...i dont'even own one yet hehe, just reading about it. If i were to own one, I wouldn't use it because I wouldn't want a video scene to be garbage.

Refer to the post about the ring circle on video.
2018-1-25
Use props
Apopj
lvl.2
United States

I'm referring to the gimble itself.... I use the gimble holder (the thing that holds the gimble in place) as well as the big dome thing that coverers the camera. But, I am talking about the whole mechanism that just seems fragile.
2018-1-25
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say the MA’s gimbal is an evolution of the Sparks 2-axis gimbal which is a lot sturdier then that of the MP.  Plus it’s recessed in a helmet like structure.
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules