mavics gimbal get struck at an angle on start everyime
649 16 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

every time i start my mavic pro ,the gimbal gets struck at an angle and then the motor gets overloaded, i had to manually slightly move the gimbal everytime ( rotate the camera clock wise ) and then its back to normal for that flight alone!
and as soon as i restart the mavic it gets calibrated for once and again the camera is struck at an angle!

2018-1-25
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

take a photo of the gimbal and camera and post it here - otherwise check you tube for gimbal motor overload videos -
2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

i have to manually rotate it clock wise every time at start so that it works normally!!
if i leave the drone like that the gimbal motor gets heated and shows gimbal overloaded on the phone!
2018-1-25
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_60SseuO Posted at 2018-1-25 12:57
i have to manually rotate it clock wise every time at start so that it works normally!!
if i leave the drone like that the gimbal motor gets heated and shows gimbal overloaded on the phone!

I think you need to send it in to DJI for repair, not sure there’s a user fix for this - or just keep fixing it yourself on every flight, as you have been, but I don’t know what the long term implications would be.
2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-25 13:10
I think you need to send it in to DJI for repair, not sure there’s a user fix for this - or just keep fixing it yourself on every flight, as you have been, but I don’t know what the long term implications would be.

thanks for the reply mate!!
my friend got the drone from usa to india ,
and now i dont have an option of sending it for repair
2018-1-25
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

I had the same problem with mine, I sent it back to DJI and they replaced it the gimble and the camera and no cost
2018-1-25
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if you cant send the drone back for what ver reason then i may suggest you take compressed air and blow out the gimbal swivel parts (motors) - my thinking is that maybe there something sticking inside one f the grooves preventing its final operation to go horizontal - be aware that this assembley is very delicate so be very careful when blowing it out if that is what you decided to try.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So the gimbal gets back to work if you manually rotate it to the center after powering the drone on, right? May I have a screenshot of your firmware info? I would like to have a check on it first. Thank you.
2018-1-25
Use props
iacajoreet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38720 ft
United Kingdom

This used to happen to mine many months ago, but later upgrades to the firmware and app fixed it. So make sure you are on recent versions.
2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_60SseuO
lvl.1
India

iacajoreet Posted at 2018-1-26 00:19
This used to happen to mine many months ago, but later upgrades to the firmware and app fixed it. So make sure you are on recent versions.

did you have the exact problem mate?
2018-1-26
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Do you have a filter installed on the camera
2018-1-26
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_60SseuO Posted at 2018-1-25 13:15
thanks for the reply mate!!
my friend got the drone from usa to india ,
and now i dont have an option of sending it for repair

You can still send it for repair - if that's what DJI suggest - just that you might have to pay for it to be repaired!
2018-1-26
Use props
iacajoreet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38720 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_60SseuO Posted at 2018-1-26 01:47
did you have the exact problem mate?

Yes, the gimbal would sometimes go mad on start up and violently appear to bang against the sides, then come up with a gimble overload message. Then at other times it would do as yours is doing and just be at angle. A restart or two or a recalibration of the gimble would usually fix it. Then it stopped happening after one of the firmware / app updates sometime about mid last year.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your update. For this situation, there might not be a way for users to fix permanently, you might need to send it back. Please contact our support to start a case. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules