Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ever leave your UAV behind and then wish you didn't?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I told myself, "Don't worry, you'll be back in 3 months" and with that thought in mind I left my P4P on the other side of the planet.  
Already on the plane I started thinking... should have I brought it with me home anyways?  In Ohio the trees are bare, and its either too cold to film the snow covered landscape, or too ugly to film when the snow is melted.  So what is the point in bringing it back?  Nobody wants to see videos of flying over half frozen, brown tundra-like land with no features.  But then again, its only been 3 days and I already miss having that bird to fly around whenever the idea of practicing or getting some air time hits me.

So I throw this out there with less than four hours sleep in the last 48 hours after returning from the Philippines back to the U.S. wondering:

Has anyone else ever left their DJI toys behind and immediately regretted it or wished they didn't?  Would love to hear your stories.

drones_on_leash.jpg
2018-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ah, man, you had to go and do that, didn't you?

Oh well. Better luck next time.

I don't consider my Phantom 3 Pro as being anything but a hobby grade multi.
Certainly not a toy.

I do have several other toyish drones though... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2018-1-25
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I sure did! Missed a great fall foliage shot at a perfect New England location. Have to make do with my wingless Nikon. The fish that got away. Sigh.
2018-1-25
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-25 08:23
Ah, man, you had to go and do that, didn't you?

Oh well. Better luck next time.

LOL, to let you on in a secret, our return trip to the Philippines this April will be a one way ticket.  Thus, the thinking was "bring as few things back to the U.S. as you have to" so we have room to bring more back with us on the next baggage check.

But still... no flying for 3 months...
2018-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Kuya Kano Posted at 2018-1-25 16:23
LOL, to let you on in a secret, our return trip to the Philippines this April will be a one way ticket.  Thus, the thinking was "bring as few things back to the U.S. as you have to" so we have room to bring more back with us on the next baggage check.

Yes, I usually fly on a one way ticket, which allows me much more freedom to decide my near future. ;-)

Three months, off of the RC sticks? Good luck. That's cold turkey. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-1-25
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL, to let you on in a secret, our return trip to the Philippines this April will be a one way ticket.  Thus, the thinking was "bring as few things back to the U.S. as you have to" so we have room to bring more back with us on the next baggage check.

“One way ticket...” OK, before, I admired your PI trip. Now I’m just jealous.
One option, buy a Mavic Air to compliment your Phantom when you return. Your wife can use it when you get back overseas.

Jeff
2018-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-28 23:21
Kuya, sorry to read on your post, hope you will get the drone back soon, if you need any assistance, please let us know, we are always here for you.

He left his drone at home, and now regrets that.

If you wish to help him. Send a drone to his present location. A loner...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-28 23:32
He left his drone at home, and now regrets that.

If you wish to help him. Send a drone to his present location. A loner...

Oh, sorry, I didn't read about the post very clearly, I apologize, thanks for your explanation very much.
2018-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many times...
2018-1-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

LOL, to let you on in a secret, our return trip to the Philippines this April will be a one way ticket.  Thus, the thinking was "bring as few things back to the U.S. as you have to" so we have room to bring more back with us on the next baggage check.

I certainly hope you have provided for charging your drone batteries while you are appart from it.
If not dont be surprised if you have problems with it next time you go to fly in 3 months.
2018-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 01:27
Oh, sorry, I didn't read about the post very clearly, I apologize, thanks for your explanation very much.

With all due respect, Mindy, It's not a concern or problem for me, but this mistaken meaning from the members here, has been going on, since I joined the forum.

As I suggested, read more English, to improve your understanding of our language and have a better handle on your replies. ;-)

Aside from that, we love your presence here. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-29 11:23
With all due respect, Mindy, It's not a concern or problem for me, but this mistaken meaning from the members here, has been going on, since I joined the forum.

As I suggested, read more English, to improve your understanding of our language and have a better handle on your replies. ;-)

Thanks for your suggestion, I will read more clearly about the post and keep improving my English skill to provide better support to our valued customers.
2018-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 03:23
Thanks for your suggestion, I will read more clearly about the post and keep improving my English skill to provide better support to our valued customers.

Someday, when you remove your mask, we will learn who the real Super Hero is. ;-)

No wonder you make the odd error in judgment, You are working too hard at both jobs. Ha

Thanks for helping keeping the villains outside of the forum gates. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules