"SD card full" on empty card?
17402 19 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan Hanson
New
United States

Hello everyone,

My Mavic Pro is giving me an "SD card full" notification on multiple cards. I see no way to format or otherwise fix the issue. Can anyone please help? I leave on an important assignment tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jonathan
2018-1-25
Use props
TomHTx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35059 ft
United States

I had the same thing occur last weekend.  Even though I had "imported" my videos onto my MacBookPro, and "deleted" them from the microSD, I got a card full error after only a 3 minute flight.  I could NOT figure out what was happening using "Finder" on the MBP, but I put the MSD into a windows machine, examined the contents, and found 15  gigs of "trash" on the MSD.  I deleted those, and amazingly it opened up tons of room.
2018-1-25
Use props
Jonathan Hanson
New
United States

TomHTx Posted at 2018-1-25 09:19
I had the same thing occur last weekend.  Even though I had "imported" my videos onto my MacBookPro, and "deleted" them from the microSD, I got a card full error after only a 3 minute flight.  I could NOT figure out what was happening using "Finder" on the MBP, but I put the MSD into a windows machine, examined the contents, and found 15  gigs of "trash" on the MSD.  I deleted those, and amazingly it opened up tons of room.

Thank you. I'll look at the cards and see if that's the problem.
2018-1-25
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the same thing on the Sandisk card but once I re-formatted, it opened up space again.
2018-1-25
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Yea the sandisk card is rather glitchy. Just re-format
2018-1-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

2018-1-25
Use props
Jonathan Hanson
New
United States

Ah, that looks like what I need. I'll go look for that page. Thanks!
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jonathan, please try to format the SD card on the DJI GO 4 app, Ex Machina has posted the position of the formatting option, if it doesn't help, please check if the same error code will exist on the SD card that came with the drone. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2018-1-25
Use props
Jonathan Hanson
New
United States

Thanks very much. I first tried  brand new card, and it worked fine. So clearly it is a formatting issue. I really appreciate the help!
2018-1-26
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

When in doubt - format the card, especially when you're positive all data has been moved off.
2018-1-26
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Normally erasing only flags the directory entry as available - the actual contents are still there. Formatting clears everything and should be your preferred action.
2018-1-26
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

I found formatting the card through the DJI GO 4 APP has worked for me . . . though my 200 gig card takes some time to fill . . )
Found the card on Amazon . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a
SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD

I have found no problems with writing speed even shooting at 4K . .
2018-1-26
Use props
Jonathan Hanson
New
United States

Thanks all. Part of the problem is that I once looked for a formatting function on the app and failed to find one. Now I know where it is, and all is well.
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Well, you can try the CMD command to fix SD card is full but no files on it. For this you have to connect your memory card to the Windows PC using card reader. Then, click the “Start” and type “CMD” in the search bar, hit ENTER. The command prompt window will open. Now simply type the following command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* Here you have to replace drive letter g with your SD card drive letter name. After doing so, check if the problem is solved.
For more info: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/fixed-sd-card-says-full-but-it-is-not
2020-5-20
Use props
MattD1
New

United States

I am having the same issues but I formatted the card, it asks me to switch to sd card I confirm and it has greyed the box I can select it. I reformat it says it worked and would I like to switch to it. I say yes and it won't . I formatted the card on a PC and tryed it still no luck. Bad card?  I tryed reading the card on my mac and it did to transfrer the data before the format but after the format on pc the mac won't see it.

help.
2020-7-11
Use props
Rolling4Pro
New
Flight distance : 71650 ft
United States

TomHTx Posted at 2018-1-25 09:19
I had the same thing occur last weekend.  Even though I had "imported" my videos onto my MacBookPro, and "deleted" them from the microSD, I got a card full error after only a 3 minute flight.  I could NOT figure out what was happening using "Finder" on the MBP, but I put the MSD into a windows machine, examined the contents, and found 15  gigs of "trash" on the MSD.  I deleted those, and amazingly it opened up tons of room.

Hi,

I tried a second SD card and it also says that it is full???
2020-11-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Rolling4Pro Posted at 11-29 15:30
Hi,

I tried a second SD card and it also says that it is full???

Quite possible. The answer is to format the cad, preferably in the aircraft. DJI write a lot of hidden files to the card, and normally they are not visible to you. The easiest solution is to copy off the card all the photos and movies you want to keep, then format the card. In fact, formatting quite regularly is not a bad idea.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_B7yHswokyDSx
New

United States

Also if you are using a mini or mini 2 you can go to the camera setting when you are in the flight menu and “format” the micro sd card after you cleared it out
2021-9-16
Use props
kfallsbob
New

United States

Same problem here. 2 different cards formated 4 times with the DJI GO4 app still get the same issue. I have formatted in the drone, in windows and with a third party formatter. Still SD CARD FULL
1-13 15:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kfallsbob Posted at 1-13 15:38
Same problem here. 2 different cards formated 4 times with the DJI GO4 app still get the same issue. I have formatted in the drone, in windows and with a third party formatter. Still SD CARD FULL

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please save your sync your flight records, save important files, and then re-install the application to see if the problem persists. You may keep us posted on the latest progress.
1-14 01:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules