Units of measure
5020 7 2015-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

When you change from metric to imperial, the text for "Set maximum flight altitude" and "Return to home Altitude" is still in metric. Do I still need to enter these values in metric?

Thank You
Jack

2015-4-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just leave everything in metric.  I get confused when in feet.  After flying in metric for over 3 years, you get used to it.  I know where 500m is but the equivalent 1650' does not register anything in my brain.
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

I have all my settings in imperial and it displays as such in the Vision Assistant and in the DJI app as there is a setting in the DJI app also,
As Ed suggests, the equation can be confusing for a lot of folks, fortunately for me i was exposed to the whole metric thing at a fairly young age so either works for me....and you can have it which ever way works best for you....

***EDIT*** My comments were in reference to the P2V+ and related Phantom Vision Assistant, so may be different for the P3?
2015-4-25
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

I plan on changing to imperial.

It looks like these 2 fields don't change with the imperial option and still need to be entered in metric. Is this correct?
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

jacmac64 Posted at 2015-4-25 23:21

It looks like these 2 fields don't change with the imperial option ...

I just triple checked and in the Phantom Vision Assistant i have everything set and showing in imperial...
Under the "Advanced" and Limits Tab i have "feet" selected and for my my go home altitude is showing as 160' as it also does on my DJI phone app and distance limits are showing and recorded in feet as well..
Both are working for me...
2015-4-25
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

I tried to attach a picture but it wouldn't let me.

I'm talking about in the pilot app for the Phantom 3.

I guess I'll just need to test this when I get my drone.

2015-4-25
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

jacmac64 Posted at 2015-4-25 23:21

It looks like these 2 fields don't change with the imperial option ...

I have similar problems/concerns.

I've chosen "imperial" vs "metric" but all the numbers I see in that regard still seem to be metric.
I can no longer find a menu that lets me change any other units. In the General Settings (accessed by the icon in the far upper right in the Pilot App) menu, UNITS is greyed out and cannot be selected.

Also can't find a menu that lets me shift between PAL and NTSC. Saw it once before, several days ago. I think I was experimenting and chose PAL. Now I can't find the menu to change it back to NTSC!
2015-5-11
Use props
elg93337
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57484 ft
United States

@jacmac4 In my latest DJI Go App 4 (4.1.5) setting imperial only shows the flight details display units in ft. The entry screens for setting Set Max Flight Altitude and Enable Max Distance are still in meters. If you want to comply with FAA regulations here in the US, Max Flight Altitude should be set to 121 meters,  and you can set max flight distance to one mile which is 1,609m, but you can do up to 4 miles on a loaded battery and clear VLOS. Have fun!
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules