Histogram not working
8768 63 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shoot It WA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

I was hoping the latest update on my CS would fix it but I'm having the same problem. Minimising the map and flicking the histogram option from on to off then on again makes it come back.
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_rJ81o1ep4MXC
New
United States

I'm experiencing the same issues. Spent about 15 minutes on the phone talking to a tech associate and was no help. I told him I took several steps to try to solve the issue. I downgraded to older versions of the firmware on the mavic. No luck. He had me running circles doing the same thing. I also re-installed the App on my phone. No luck. If i cleared the cache/data for the app on the phone and reinstall, it works if I stay on the screen, but as soon as I close out of the app and connect back, the histogram disappears. From there, I can't turn it back on at all. Hoping DJI fixes this before my trip in a few weeks.
2018-3-2
Use props
cirwin1
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same problem with P4P+ after latest firmware update.  Bought unit directly from DJI.  I does not appear that I can roll back the firmware to an earlier version using the latest DJI Assistant 2.  It only allows me to reset to original factory settings, but when I do, all the camera settings remain the same as I had previously set up, so I'm not sure that it made any change.  I did have to turn on the WIFI and reset the password so I could log in, so something changed.  Still not able to turn on the histogram or some of the other camera settings.

I would like to go back to the previous firmware version.  Can someone tell me how?  Will the Beta update solve this problem?
2018-3-4
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

cirwin1 Posted at 2018-3-4 16:42
I am having the same problem with P4P+ after latest firmware update.  Bought unit directly from DJI.  I does not appear that I can roll back the firmware to an earlier version using the latest DJI Assistant 2.  It only allows me to reset to original factory settings, but when I do, all the camera settings remain the same as I had previously set up, so I'm not sure that it made any change.  I did have to turn on the WIFI and reset the password so I could log in, so something changed.  Still not able to turn on the histogram or some of the other camera settings.

I would like to go back to the previous firmware version.  Can someone tell me how?  Will the Beta update solve this problem?

Well that is very interesting as the P4P+ has its own DJI supplied device so definitely not an issue there. Seems DJI need to get this software glitch sorted. I still have no overexposure warning (zebras) even after upgrading my device from a Samsung Galaxy S5 to an Nvidia  K1 shield. It will be interesting wht DJI have to say about it.
2018-3-4
Use props
superjk
lvl.1

Hong Kong

same problem on the Sony Xperia phone
2018-3-7
Use props
fans8e1fcfad
New
Flight distance : 115755 ft
United States

When you "select" it on the menu, do not simply slide it.  Poke the slider to move it.  I just spent a day figuring this out.
2018-3-15
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1251453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8e1fcfad Posted at 2018-3-15 15:21
When you "select" it on the menu, do not simply slide it.  Poke the slider to move it.  I just spent a day figuring this out.

I don't believe it but that actually works! This has been bugging me for weeks. Don't slide, poke
2018-3-19
Use props
Drogo2
lvl.2
United States

When you "select" it on the menu, do not simply slide it.  Poke the slider to move it.  I just spent a day figuring this out.

Unreal. That actually works! Thanks for posting the solutionn although how on earth you figured that out I have no idea. Makes you wonder how  anyone  could  fly one of these mchines without the forum to provide answers as  that is a totally  unintuitive solution...so for  anyone struggling to get it to work  poking or stabbing the screen with a special screen pen works...just dont ask how!
2018-3-24
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You are a lifesaver. I’m a Apple boy and I’ve always Slid not ‘poked’

I’ve been hot swapping my Iphone to Crystalsky to make functions like Histogram work.

So Apple slide and Andriod you poke. Lol

Thanks
Marty
2018-4-17
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

Now that everyone has that sorted out (YAY!!!) can anyone advise how to make Histogram ON the default setting?

I seem to have to switch it on every time. As a photographer, I use it ALL the time and would love for it to just be on, since I can easily switch it off with the x in the corner if I don't need it.

Using Moto G4 with latest version of app.
2018-4-24
Use props
Michael_Rapp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204173 ft
Germany

I've been having this issue too, (Spark), and it's been bothering me ever since. One it worked, then the histogram was gone. All the sliders mentioned abvoe have reset themselves. (sony Xperia XA2).
Just fired up my Spark (indoors, at my desk; kids, don't try this at your home, at least not with the props on). and it worked like a breeze.
Have to try it tomorrow on the outside.
2018-5-12
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Thanks for finding a solution. I also use the histogram religiously and had the same problem.
2018-5-13
Use props
Johny5610
New
South Africa

Hi All, greetings from a rather grey rainy Johannesburg, South Africa. I have just joined the forum and this is my first post. I had a problem running the Go 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S5, in that the Histogram would not load. When I went into the camera settings and changed the slider to "On", as soon as I closed the settings menu, the slider moved back to the original position. The same applied to the "AFC" slider, which is turned on by default and the "Overexposure Warning" slider, which is turned off by default.  Having searched for a solution on the various forums, I found quite a few threads in both the Mavic and Phantom forums but was unable to find any solution...…. and so I persisted in the app experimenting to see if I could find a way to get them to hold their position..... then suddenly the Histogram popped up. I realised that if I tapped on the slider instead of sliding it, the button would move to and hold its new position. It worked on all three sliders. Just thought I would share this in case there are still others out there battling with the same problem.
2018-5-31
Use props
MTrouty
New

Australia

I finnally got it to work. Ive spent a month on this. Not sure what I did to make it work but its to do with the setting. Things I did change was change anti flicker from 60 hz to 50 hz. Other changes were ntsc moved to pal. My AF Focus assitant still doesnt work or overexposure warning. But MF FOcus assistant works now along with histogram
2018-7-25
Use props
MTrouty
New

Australia

I finnally got it to work. Ive spent a month on this. Not sure what I did to make it work but its to do with the setting. Things I did change was change anti flicker from 60 hz to 50 hz. Other changes were ntsc moved to pal. My AF Focus assitant still doesnt work or overexposure warning. But MF FOcus assistant works now along with histogram
2018-7-25
Use props
MTrouty
New

Australia

2018-7-25
Use props
Elester
lvl.1

United States

Good day i have just received the phantom 4 pro + and i also cannot get this to work on the bilt in system? No historgram, over exposure warning auto focuse assist ect. what gives any info on this from DJI I also get rest camera faild when i try to reset camera settings. I will check all my other devices. Phantom 3pro and Crystalsky.
2018-7-28
Use props
Elester
lvl.1

United States

Good day i have just received the phantom 4 pro + and i also cannot get this to work on the bilt in system? No historgram, over exposure warning auto focuse assist ect. what gives any info on this from DJI I also get rest camera faild when i try to reset camera settings. I will check all my other devices. Phantom 3pro and Crystalsky.
2018-7-28
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I know OP is talking P4 ... but the P4 people are not alone with this .... myself and others I know have similar with P3's ...

Its selected in the options and most times will show when starting up ... but after a minute or so of flight vanishes ... or it just does not show when starting up. Checking menu items shows it selected ..

Annoying to say the least.

While not showing if I go to menu unselect and then reselect it - up it comes and it stays for rest of flight.

Nigel
2018-7-28
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Elester Posted at 2018-7-28 05:28
Good day i have just received the phantom 4 pro + and i also cannot get this to work on the bilt in system? No historgram, over exposure warning auto focuse assist ect. what gives any info on this from DJI I also get rest camera faild when i try to reset camera settings. I will check all my other devices. Phantom 3pro and Crystalsky.

Easy fix. Poke it on.... don't slide.
I did the same thing when I got my Cystalsky after coming of apple.
There seems to be a little bug and CS and Android in-camera functions.
Don't slide on option or it will turn green but when you go back it won't be engaged.

Don't slide - Poke it on...  for the Histogram and overexposure warning.

2018-7-30
Use props
dyVinter
lvl.1

Germany

Johny5610 Posted at 5-31 07:11
Hi All, greetings from a rather grey rainy Johannesburg, South Africa. I have just joined the forum and this is my first post. I had a problem running the Go 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S5, in that the Histogram would not load. When I went into the camera settings and changed the slider to "On", as soon as I closed the settings menu, the slider moved back to the original position. The same applied to the "AFC" slider, which is turned on by default and the "Overexposure Warning" slider, which is turned off by default.  Having searched for a solution on the various forums, I found quite a few threads in both the Mavic and Phantom forums but was unable to find any solution...…. and so I persisted in the app experimenting to see if I could find a way to get them to hold their position..... then suddenly the Histogram popped up. I realised that if I tapped on the slider instead of sliding it, the button would move to and hold its new position. It worked on all three sliders. Just thought I would share this in case there are still others out there battling with the same problem.

Hi Johny5610,

Thanks for your tip, it actually works with "tap on it, instead of push" have also tried long, until I have read your tip
2018-11-24
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Forestjim Posted at 2018-7-30 01:42
Easy fix. Poke it on.... don't slide.
I did the same thing when I got my Cystalsky after coming of apple.
There seems to be a little bug and CS and Android in-camera functions.

Thanks for the tip.

Yes your right, pushing the button instead of sliding work!

Brilliant thanks so much!,
2019-3-31
Use props
Paul Patterson
New

United States

I found this forum thread because I too am unable to get the histogram to show on my Motorolla Moto X4. Mine behaves loke Drogo2 user. I do have a Nexus tablet. I will try it on that device knowiing that the Moto X4 is not a powerful smartphone.
2019-7-20
Use props
mowhoe
New

Australia

I have this same problem, not sure how to fix it???
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules