Should i upgrade to Osmo+?
1009 5 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

Im considering upgrading to Osmo+ is there anything i need to consider before giving it a go? What are the pros and cons? my current set up is a Hero 4 with Evo SS gimbal and mostly shoots travel videos.i would appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thanks!

2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I think the biggest highlight of Osmo+ is the zoom function, 7× zoom, consisting of 3.5× optical and 2× digital lossless zoom gives it a focal length ranging from 22mm to 77mm without sacrificing HD quality.
If you have this need, it would be a great choice.
2018-1-26
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-26 02:17
I think the biggest highlight of Osmo+ is the zoom function, 7× zoom, consisting of 3.5× optical and 2× digital lossless zoom gives it a focal length ranging from 22mm to 77mm without sacrificing HD quality.
If you have this need, it would be a great choice.

Has Osmo + infinity focusing problem been sorted out yet? It's still an issue on mine.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Lwgray 0 Posted at 2018-1-28 03:10
Has Osmo + infinity focusing problem been sorted out yet? It's still an issue on mine.

Yes, we have got it sorted out in v1.6.1.0, but after you update the firmware, the lens will need to be calibrated, here is the guideline for your reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyty5t ... on%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2018-1-29
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-29 01:53
Yes, we have got it sorted out in v1.6.1.0, but after you update the firmware, the lens will need to be calibrated, here is the guideline for your reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyty5t ... on%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

The choice between AF and Infinity sometimes doesn't appear.  And although I have calibrated, the infinite still seems soft to me.

What exactly should I expect with Infinite focus?

The AF works well, though I'm not sure how that is supposed to work... I tap on the screen and it focuses on what it finds where I tap and then stays focused at that distance even though what I focus on has moved.

Now, in my camcorder I can do that and then it stays focused, more or less, upon the moving subject, tracking it for as long as it can see a sharp edge.

2018-2-3
Use props
Ron Workman
lvl.1
United States

My comment didn't seem to post. Sorry if it duplicates.

That v1.6.1.0 update for the OSMO+ took the one we use for our company from a product we loved and used regularly, to a product we never use because we know it isn't going to work I'm not sure what you see here about DJi support, but I can assure you that my personal experience so far has been abysmal. Every email so far has been a reply asking for something else. It is like they intentionally drag it out in hopes that you will give up. After 6 emails, I have finally made it to a 'please print and fill out this form' level even though I have done this multiple times. Still waiting on a shipping label. It is February. Problem first started in August. First attempt at support resulted in nothing. So, keep this in mind. If you buy a DJi product, it might be great. If it isn't, there is a good chance that you are stuck with it.
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules