714 6 2018-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Price of Mavic Air in USA - USD 799, converted to Euro, about € 644. I assume company has a gross margin per unit sold in USA...
Price of Mavic Air in Europe - € 849, this is +31,8% more. What gross margin in this case ???

2018-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You need to take EU duties into account here, you will also find that your Apple phone is more expensive in Europe than US. Although I do believe that dji has added on an extra charge for something else.
2018-1-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

US prices are usually shown without VAT because it varies among individual states and will only get added once it is clear where the order comes from.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is normal that different countries have different prices due to the different VAT and shipping cost, warranty and many other factors. Thank you for understanding.
2018-1-25
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-25 19:58
It is normal that different countries have different prices due to the different VAT and shipping cost, warranty and many other factors. Thank you for understanding.

VAT in EU ranges from 17% (Luxembourg) to 27% (Hungary). Selling your products at the same price, irrespective of the destination EU country, I may agree with you that you earn a 10% extra from reduced VAT in the case of Luxembourg customers, and other different percentages for each country with VAT lower than 27%...

I import goods from China and I know shipping costs to USA, they are more or less the same, very minor differences, please don't blind us...

As for the warranty, do you mean products to be sold on EU market are of a different (poorer ??? quality) and your company has higher service and warranty costs ???
By the way, goods bought from your site do not have the legal 2 years warranty in EU...You know you are giving less (6 to 12 months depending of the component)...

You mention nothing about custom taxes, at least some transparency: we all know there are any for this HS.

All these being said, I understand there are ...obscure reasons...
2018-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-25 23:54
VAT in EU ranges from 17% (Luxembourg) to 27% (Hungary). Selling your products at the same price, irrespective of the destination EU country, I may agree with you that you earn a 10% extra from reduced VAT in the case of Luxembourg customers, and other different percentages for each country with VAT lower than 27%...

I import goods from China and I know shipping costs to USA, they are more or less the same, very minor differences, please don't blind us...

Customs taxes and duties are all included in your price, the price you see online is price to your door, I think Watchberger also made a good point regarding taxes in US.
2018-1-26
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Hallmark, the US price also include duties, taxes and delivery, etc.
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules